Brillance of the Seas - Dec 8th review

Bear with me...this is my first review for CC. I was very appreciative of those that took time to write reviews after they cruised so I'm returning the favor.

Traveling: There were three of us - myself, my mom and my sister.

Stateroom: 8598 (hump balcony cabin)

Pre-hotel: Hampton Inn Ybor City. They provided a free shuttle to and from the port. We paid for a cruise and stay package which allowed us to leave our car there. It worked out great!

Shows: We attended The Cat's Pajamas (A Capella men's group) along with the Welcome Aboard and Farewell Show.

Pros:

• Highly recommend going to the top deck while going under the bridge in Tampa. So neat!
  • We got to the terminal around 10:15am and were on board by 10:30am.
  • We grabbed lunch early - around 11:30am. Good thing as by 12noon the Windjammer was packed.
  • We did self disembarkation. Don't let the long line fool you. It moved very quickly. We got in line at 7:20am and were through customs and on the curb waiting for our shuttle by 7:50am.

Cons:

• Carrot cake -I love carrot cake but the one they had on was blech. (I know this is just a personal opinion....to some one else it may taste the best!)
  • We never heard any noise from the centrum until the last night. I'm wondering if they never closed the doors to the hall that night.
  • The food was good (anything is good if we are being served and not doing the cooking!) but not WOW!
  • I know I've read this on here numerous times but I can't get over what they allow in the MDR - especially on formal night. Winter tuks, shorts, hooded sweatshirts, baseball caps, etc.

Misc tips:

• Pier runners in Cozumel. Need I say more!? LOL
  • We spent a few hours at Paradise Beach (despite the pouring rain and cloudy skies.) I'd highly recommend it. The food was good.
  • The weather was colder and cloudier than we expected. We did not pack enough "chilly weather" clothes.

If I can figure it out I'll upload some pics later night.

Thanks for the review. Is there only one formal night and the rest cruise casual?

I know this is a long shot, but do you know the menu theme order? Thanks:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes….correct.

I can't remember! I'm sorry. I didn't even think to take pictures of the menu.

What temps did you have? We leave in a few days and packing now. Wondering if ours will be same temps What did you wish you had? Thanks! 👍

We had mostly 70's but felt chilly with the cloudy skies and wind. It was cloudy most of the time with rain showers off and on (and some times even pouring rain). I'm not sure about anyone else but we never got to do the rock climbing wall as the weather wouldn't cooperate.

Interesting to read as we are on the second day of a Brilliance cruise now. No formal night yet, but we've seen the gamut of attire in the dining room.

Hi Bob...I am on the brilliance also . Been looking for you. Where are you? Even asked a few men who resembled you if they were "Bob". This is my cruise mission. To find you to say "hello" as you are quite the celebrity on cruise critic😆 Terry

We were on December 8th also! It was that cruise that I officially met the most negative man ever.

We decided to try the dining room for breakfast. We were sat at a large table. This man really didn't have anything good to say about the food, and service. The icing on the cake was when he proceeded to tell the entire table that Royal takes all the bad staff and puts them on the Brilliance on purpose. :eek:

We nearly got up and walked out of before our food even came. Thank god he was at the opposite end of the table and we were able to strike up a nice conversation with a younger couple who only had positive things to say.

Hi Bob...I am on the brilliance also . Been looking for you. Where are you? Even asked a few men who resembled you if they were "Bob". This is my cruise mission. To find you to say "hello" as you are quite the celebrity on cruise critic😆 Terry

Deck 5, outside promenade, port side.

We were on December 8th also! It was that cruise that I officially met the most negative man ever.

We decided to try the dining room for breakfast. We were sat at a large table. This man really didn't have anything good to say about the food, and service. The icing on the cake was when he proceeded to tell the entire table that Royal takes all the bad staff and puts them on the Brilliance on purpose. :eek:

We nearly got up and walked out of before our food even came. Thank god he was at the opposite end of the table and we were able to strike up a nice conversation with a younger couple who only had positive things to say.

Oh wow!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
Helicopter pad.

Do you access it from the promenade? I'm wondering if my family is dining in the MDR would I be able to leave the table for a few minutes and watch as we pass under the bridge and quickly return? I did this once on a Fantasy class Carnival ship (smaller than BOS).

Thanks

Do you access it from the promenade? I'm wondering if my family is dining in the MDR would I be able to leave the table for a few minutes and watch as we pass under the bridge and quickly return? I did this once on a Fantasy class Carnival ship (smaller than BOS).

Thanks

From the outside promenade on deck 5. You can leave the dining room anytime you like.