Lobster on Regal Princess

Rstamper

We just got off Regal on Sunday. It was served on the second formal night. My DH said that it was salty.

What he did like was on the last sea day at the buffet, in one section they had, prawns, mussels, shrimp and oysters. There might haave been more, but that what was on his plate.

Do they have lobster on one of the formal nights in the main dining room on a 7 night cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. But it's just a small tail plus 3 shrimp. If you are a lobster lover, go to the specialty restaurant Sabatini's, where lobster is served 3 ways. Bester quality of lobster IMHO.

Of course, in the MDR, you can always order more than one lobster entree at a time. That's what the fella sitting at the table next to us did. He ordered 4 lobster entrees and ate them all. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

1758808601_RegallobssterdinnerDSC00059.jpg.21ff6f250c5254199c0f18707442e23d.jpg

Edited by Kingofcool1947

If you are a lobster lover, go to the specialty restaurant Sabatini's, where lobster is served 3 ways. Bester quality of lobster IMHO.

I don't feel lobster in any Princess dining venue is anything to rave about, but if I had to choose I would agree the lobster tails offered in Sabatini's are the best. I usually order a couple of tails without the other items as an accompaniment to my main dish.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

We just got off Regal on Sunday. It was served on the second formal night. My DH said that it was salty.

What he did like was on the last sea day at the buffet, in one section they had, prawns, mussels, shrimp and oysters. There might haave been more, but that what was on his plate.

Did you also have the deep fried oyster? We had it last Oct.

Yes. But it's just a small tail plus 3 shrimp. If you are a lobster lover, go to the specialty restaurant Sabatini's, where lobster is served 3 ways. Bester quality of lobster IMHO.

Of course, in the MDR, you can always order more than one lobster entree at a time. That's what the fella sitting at the table next to us did. He ordered 4 lobster entrees and ate them all. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

I only ordered three lobster

Lobster_1022_zps9v27urdr.jpg

And two shrimp cocktail

Shrimp_1021_zps6g1iodgp.jpg

My blood sugar the following morning was the lowest it had been all month

Perhaps I should have had a fourth lobster too?

Howard

I only ordered three lobster

Lobster_1022_zps9v27urdr.jpg

And two shrimp cocktail

Shrimp_1021_zps6g1iodgp.jpg

My blood sugar the following morning was the lowest it had been all month

Perhaps I should have had a fourth lobster too?

Howard

Howard,

With so much food offerings on cruises, , it can be difficult avoiding gluttony, isn't it? :). but good that lobster and shrimp cocktail helps you contol your blood sugar. :)

I, myself, don't find the quality of the lobster served on Princess all that great. :(

I enjoy a good fresh lobster, but on cruises, I avoid eating more than one lobster tail entree on Formal Night. And too much shrimp cocktail. Why? Frozen, not fresh, unknown source (Asia, or other third world countries,) possible high levels mercury and other toxins, too much sodium from the sauce. Bad for HBP and Cholesterol.

Enjoy your cruise, and enjoy your lobsters! ;)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

:

Since I live in the North Atlantic, don't care much for what they call lobster on a cruise ship. Don't taste anything like we get locally.

That's because they're frozen lobster "chick" size tails, and come from an unknown source. Same with the prawns and shrimp. I suspect, probably sourced from Asia, or other Third World countries. :eek:

Best lobster I've ever had was on a shore excursion Lobster Bake, Portland, Maine, and also at a restaurant in PEI, Canada. Whole lobster, live out of a tank, and freshly steamed. With just clarified butter, no sauce to mask the sweet flavor of the lobster. :) 15 day New England-Canada on a Celebrity cruise.

Happy sailing.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, love the picture. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:

That's because they're frozen lobster "chick" size tails, and come from an unknown source. Same with the prawns and shrimp. I suspect, probably sourced from Asia, or other Third World countries. :eek:

Best lobster I've ever had was on a shore excursion Lobster Bake, Portland, Maine, and also at a restaurant in PEI, Canada. Whole lobster, live out of a tank, and freshly steamed. With just clarified butter, no sauce to mask the sweet flavor of the lobster. :) 15 day New England-Canada on a Celebrity cruise.

Happy sailing.

Agreed.

I suppose if you're not from New England, Canada or used to North American lobster you might like it. I have read that most lobsters used on cruise ships are rock lobsters. What most people think of as "Maine lobsters" are North American lobsters found from Canada to Maryland.

For my husband and I that can have it whenever we want without paying an arm and a leg for it we don't bother on a cruise, but for someone that doesn't live along the East Coast, I'm sure that they enjoy it.

Edited by Baystate

Agreed.

I suppose if you're not from New England, Canada or used to North American lobster you might like it. I have read that most lobsters used on cruise ships are rock lobsters. What most people think of as "Maine lobsters" are North American lobsters found from Canada to Maryland.

For my husband and I that can have it whenever we want without paying an arm and a leg for it we don't bother on a cruise, but for someone that doesn't live along the East Coast, I'm sure that they enjoy it.

My husband would totally agree with you on this.

For the most part, the lobsters are pretty tiny compared to lobster you would find in New England. One has to eat several- and Princess is wonderful in the fact that your wait staff will shuck them for you. (Is shuck the proper verbiage here???)

My husband would totally agree with you on this.

For the most part, the lobsters are pretty tiny compared to lobster you would find in New England. One has to eat several- and Princess is wonderful in the fact that your wait staff will shuck them for you. (Is shuck the proper verbiage here???)

Lol, why not. Although, if I had to think about it I think most often we say crack for lobster and shuck for clams and oysters. ;)