As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

If you have the package, you won't get a paper receipt unless you ask for one. I asked for one 2x to recognize excellent service and he was really surprised. But yeah, completely paperless with the beverage package, at least on adventure. I've only seen 2-3 drinks not included, in terms of liquors, lots of wines not included, moscato has been sold out whole cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the norm on a Caribbean itinerary. We have bought the packages since they first rolled out, the receipts are printed with $0 every drink and it is placed in front of you with a pen in case you might want to add that extra tip. If you are tipping cash and the bartender knows it they skip the receipt. I have yet to be on one cruise where they were not following this protocol (including Adventure) I have read that on European cruises they skip the receipt because typically Europeans do not tip extra (some European countries tipping is not part of their culture) while Americans do. We were on a cruise from Panama and the receipts were given to the Americans but not to the South/Central Americans, as we had become quite friendly with our bartenders in the Schooner bar I asked one of them jokingly why they were not given their "extra tip form" and the reply was those people don't tip anything, if the 18% was not there they would leave nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not the norm on a Caribbean itinerary. We have bought the packages since they first rolled out, the receipts are printed with $0 every drink and it is placed in front of you with a pen in case you might want to add that extra tip. If you are tipping cash and the bartender knows it they skip the receipt. I have yet to be on one cruise where they were not following this protocol (including Adventure) I have read that on European cruises they skip the receipt because typically Europeans do not tip extra (some European countries tipping is not part of their culture) while Americans do. We were on a cruise from Panama and the receipts were given to the Americans but not to the South/Central Americans, as we had become quite friendly with our bartenders in the Schooner bar I asked one of them jokingly why they were not given their "extra tip form" and the reply was those people don't tip anything, if the 18% was not there they would leave nothing.

It might have just changed, but I am on the adventure now and there are no receipts for the people on packages

I'm waiting to see if this is a high season increase or an across the board increase.

We agonized over the drink package purchase, and finally bought. It was a substantial amount of money for the 2 of us, and if we have to pay extra for the mixed drinks we like it will just not be worth it, IMHO.

If we get onboard and find the prices aren't covered by the package, can we cancel and get $$ back? Or would they issue OBC?

Not sure if this is your answer or if anyone else has answered as I'm only on page 4. Here is what happened last week. (Not sure if it's apples to apples or apples to oranges)

We prebooked an excursion on our RCC credit card from home. (For some reason our tickets didn't get delivered to our room and we had to wait in a half hour line to print them and pick them up).

The next day we missed our excursion because we weren't aware of the newer way they were handled and you were to congregat on the ship and leave as a group instead of finding the line at the port. Anyway, I digress. We were credited back our excursion fee. It showed as an OBC the entire trip. Husband went to The Desk again because we wanted it taken off our credit card because we hadn't spent that money. We were told (and confirm via our invoice the last night) that at the end of the cruise the credit balance would indeed become a credit card credit. Yesterday we confirmed we did get both our excursion money refunded to the credit card.

how would one find out about drink package sales?

Check your cruise planner on a regular basis before sailing. They sometimes have sales for 20%, 25%, and 30% off pre sail. If you buy the package at 20% off and then it goes to 30% off you just cancel and rebuy it. You can do this all the way up to 3 days before you cruise. Sign up for your role call and sometimes people will post on their when they find it on sale. Occasionally royal will also send you an email to buy the package and it is on sale. Sales are different for different ships and even varies by the week you are sailing so the only way to know for sure is to check your cruise planner for your sailing.

It might have just changed, but I am on the adventure now and there are no receipts for the people on packages

Perhaps they have given up on an Adventure, we are on her in a couple of weeks will be interesting to see if they are still skipping the receipts.

good to know. Thank you. I'm anxiously waiting for your review to hear about St. Kitts so I can finalize our trip for January 20, 2018.

Check your cruise planner on a regular basis before sailing. They sometimes have sales for 20%, 25%, and 30% off pre sail. If you buy the package at 20% off and then it goes to 30% off you just cancel and rebuy it. You can do this all the way up to 3 days before you cruise. Sign up for your role call and sometimes people will post on their when they find it on sale. Occasionally royal will also send you an email to buy the package and it is on sale. Sales are different for different ships and even varies by the week you are sailing so the only way to know for sure is to check your cruise planner for your sailing.

thanks so much. How would one find out about a Junior Suite sale vs. the balcony we have booked?

thanks so much. How would one find out about a Junior Suite sale vs. the balcony we have booked?

When you find a junior suite sale let me know! Never seen one. Just book it when the itineraries come out. If the prices drop before final payment call Royal or your TA if you use one and have them adjust it.

Edited by rum & monkey

I read somewhere that "The 10 drink card went on sale early...I think we first saw it on the evening of day 3, but it might have been day 4. The cost was $85 plus tip, for a total of $100.30." Can you confirm this?

how would one find out about drink package sales?

If you have a reservation sometimes RCI will send an e-mail to the address on file in the reservation. You can also go into the cruise planner periodically and check the package pricing to see if there is a sale for your particular cruise.

That's 'Does everyone', and the answer is no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Per CC Guidelines.

Spelling & Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

That's 'Does everyone', and the answer is no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replies: 23

Vegetarian Menu Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean

Views: 916

Posted By kevinyork

What absolute twaddle. Celebrity advertise...

What absolute twaddle. Celebrity advertise internationally and have a ship ex UK in the summer. It's just ridiculous to say that someone who doesn't eat meat must advise they are vegan. Vegetarian...

I don't think you should cast the first stone. Advertises, not advertise. Has, not have.

Edited by johnritt

Thank you, I've been wondering. Sounded too good to be true. LOL

It seems the money you are paying on NCL, though, is gratuity only. Even it if it $99 and it doesn't include bottled water or coffee, that's a much better deal that RCL charging a petty buck or two for fairly common drinks. That won't happen on NCL. $99 for a week vs. $380 + unknown amounts is a no brainer. Plus, I doubt many are buying the deluxe package for water or coffee!

First, I apologize if this has been answered but this is a super long thread... second, this is probably a bit of a dumb question, but here goes..

the drink package limit says "up to $12" so does it not include drinks that ARE $12? I've just seen so many people commenting on the drink prices going up and leaving many drinks not included, but I just saw some current bar menus and it looks like the majority of drinks are $12 and under. So, I'm a little confused about what the complaints are, unless I'm misunderstanding something

It would be all drinks priced $12 and under (some ships like HOTS is $13). The majority of drinks made with rail liquor are priced within the deluxe package. The added cost comes with restaurant specialty drinks (which were priced at $15 on Harmony) or when you want a mixed drink with premium spirits like grey goose. What happened to me tho, I would simply ask for a cosmo not specifying a certain vodka and they would use grey goose and then I would be charged extra. Since I didnt sign anything, I would not know until I checked my account.

It would be all drinks priced $12 and under (some ships like HOTS is $13). The majority of drinks made with rail liquor are priced within the deluxe package. The added cost comes with restaurant specialty drinks (which were priced at $15 on Harmony) or when you want a mixed drink with premium spirits like grey goose. What happened to me tho, I would simply ask for a cosmo not specifying a certain vodka and they would use grey goose and then I would be charged extra. Since I didnt sign anything, I would not know until I checked my account.

Good to know, I'll make sure to be aware of that. Thanks!

It includes $12 drinks. Many are exaggerating the impact. That said, wine drinkers seem to have a legit beef, not many wines fall under the $12 threshold.

That's what is bothering us. We purchased the drink package a few months ago - and many wines we would like were priced at or below the threshold. As of January - some like Kim Crawford Sauv. Blanc jumped up to $17 a glass! It's ridiculous. I don't think we'll have problems with mixed drinks/cocktails. It's wine that will be a problem - and we love wine.

...............Since I didnt sign anything, I would not know until I checked my account.

I don't have much of an issue with most of the stuff surrounding the price hikes, but not being given a receipt for something you are being charged for is wrong.

It includes $12 drinks. Many are exaggerating the impact. That said, wine drinkers seem to have a legit beef, not many wines fall under the $12 threshold.

ah... I can see how that can be frustrating. I definitely like a glass of wine with dinner, but will probably be sticking to cocktails/beer otherwise. I'm not picky about my wine at all though, so hopefully I'll be alright with what is included.

Thanks!