Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Thanks Jeff and mysty.

Jeff, I tried deleting and reinstalling too and it still didn't work. The app tends to flake out now and then, so I'm trying to (im)patiently wait it out. It's been a few days though so I am getting a bit annoyed.

mysty, SmugMug has been pretty great so far. I like it for the unlimited storage space (you can upload full-size pictures) so it's a great online backup as well as a display gallery. What I've done is upload entire folders (for backup) to private folders (for my own backup purposes), and I've uploaded a bunch of trip galleries (for public viewing) into to public galleries which can be seen by anyone visiting my page. You can see what I have done so far...

The upload process is pretty easy through a drag-and-drop interface, though uploading full-size pics takes a little while. I will usually set a big bunch to upload overnight before I go to bed, and they are uploaded by morning.

J....I thought the photos had to be resident on the net somewhere in order to post them. I don't have an ipad or iphone. Did I misunderstand? The little picture icon when clicked seems to be looking for an http.

M.

Yes, the photos have to be resident somewhere on the net in order to post.

You can upload to somewhere, then manually copy the link into your post (that's what I just did with the two photos here).

Alternatively, the Forums app (through TapaTalk) does this for you. When you use the app to post a picture, it actually uploads your photo to the tapatalk server, generates a URL, and pastes that URL into your post. All automatic! Really nice, when it works... :mad:

Thanks, Solo mi! Chris and I love to try new recipes and we like to (try to) control what we eat. But the end result of having made a bunch of recipes is that I am confident enough to make something up from a few ingredients. Like that shrimp pasta. No recipe required. The chicken recipe was from Food & Wine Magazine...our new favorite source.

M,

If you have a laptop, or even your old PB account, you can right click on your mouse and copy the image either on PB or your PC (or even press the image with your finger and on some platforms it gives the option to "copy image") and then "crtl V" and paste it directly into a CC post.

This will cirumvent the PB issue. I think many have overlooked that as a PB solution ..... perhaps Pb haven't thought of it. :)

Have a go yourself ...... eg .....

B377F655-E133-4CA9-85B1-3222CA9161B3.jpg

latest?cb=20170426165903

It worked for me on my surface pro.

Go to a PB image and open the full image by clicking it not the small images. Right click on the mouse, (don't use "copy image" on the right hand side on PB as that is for moving the image within PB) and once you have copied image go back to cc and put the pointer where you wish and then paste it. The image can equally be an image on your surface pro.

It may only put a sort of link for a moment but have courage and hit save and the image should pop up.

Try again!

OK. I tried it on our computer and the image appeared briefly and then dissolved in masses of letters and numbers. It was awful! I'll go to the Surface Pro and try again.

If the masses of letters and numbers appeared on CC after you pasted but before you "submit reply" ... then have courage and go ahead and do it anyway to see what happens.