Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Penny....I confess I had never heard of the bug-eyed sprite. I did a "look-up" and found the cutest little car ever! Another fitting choice I think! :)

J...best wishes for the "chestnuts"! I tried roasted chestnuts from a street vendor on the river cruise we did (I forget which port it was) and I was not amused! I'm sure second son will savour your roast meal. Lucky lad!

Monday is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada. Instead of a turkey Myster will be cooking a prime rib roast. He uses an interesting technique - roasting it at 500 for 5 minutes per pound and then turning the oven off and letting it sit in the oven for 2 hours. No opening of the oven door though until the 2 hours is up. Medium rare deliciousness!

Penny....I confess I had never heard of the bug-eyed sprite. I did a "look-up" and found the cutest little car ever! Another fitting choice I think! :)

J...best wishes for the "chestnuts"! I tried roasted chestnuts from a street vendor on the river cruise we did (I forget which port it was) and I was not amused! I'm sure second son will savour your roast meal. Lucky lad!

Monday is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada. Instead of a turkey Myster will be cooking a prime rib roast. He uses an interesting technique - roasting it at 500 for 5 minutes per pound and then turning the oven off and letting it sit in the oven for 2 hours. No opening of the oven door though until the 2 hours is up. Medium rare deliciousness!

Mysty, you are too young to be familiar with a bug-eyed Sprite!!

I just posted on the Seabourn Board as we are interested in a summer 2018 cruise. We've not been on Seabourn since 2012...can Coolers comment on the state of the Odyssey ship if they've traveled on it? I know, I know, I'm sort of double crossing SS and I feel bad... but Roberto really wants the itinerary.

Oh J...I'm so sorry you did not get your chestnuts! What a let down when you were so looking forward to getting some.

I thought your NO NUTS meant that the Cooler Bar was restricting entry. I was about to hand in my membership card.

Enjoy your Welsh lamb chops and charlottes. Hopefully the chestnuts will be in your near future. :)

Yummy food Jeff! I'm feeling lazy tonight and don't want to cook.

We have been eating a little too well this past week or so. But the forums app has been misbehaving so it's more of a pain to upload pictures than I like. Had to break down and upload to SmugMug.

Only two and a half weeks until our cruise! So excited to go. We haven't had a vacation since May and it's been a little painful. Work is busy and I'm doing extra on-call time in ICU to make up for my impending time away.

A few nights ago I made sheet-pan roasted chicken. Boneless chicken thighs, simply brushed with olive oil then salt and pepper, and roasted on a hot baking sheet with mushrooms and lemon slices. Served over quinoa, with a parsley sauce (not pictured, but minced parsley, extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and grated garlic, mixed together coarser than a pesto - more like a chimmichurri sauce).

i-svhCGWd-L.jpg

Last weekend I made a simple shrimp pasta, with crushed tomatoes, hot pepper, and chopped garlic. Then a few fancier heirloom tomatoes were added to the sauce at the end for color and texture.

i-HR73CWh-L.jpg

Tonight we might make pizza but as mentioned above, we do feel somewhat lazy. So we may order something to pick up... Working all weekend including the Monday holiday. Ugh.

PS Lois, I love your attitude! I wish some of my patients had so much determination. Wishing you the best.

JP....those meals look awesome! Hope the time flies by to your upcoming cruise! What do you think of SmugMug? I have been considering that to replace PhotoBucket. Thoughts would be appreciated!

Another two options for you M are:

1) Install the wifi app on Francis and download your piccies by wifi to an ipad or pc and then use Forums or normal browser ... or simply use the cable or

2) Buy a card reader for the ipad or pc if it doesn't have ancard reader and then use forums or browser.

J....I thought the photos had to be resident on the net somewhere in order to post them. I don't have an ipad or iphone. Did I misunderstand? The little picture icon when clicked seems to be looking for an http.