Better ship/customer service Celebrity or Disney?

NOSaints1

Never been on either one before, so who has better onboard experience were in our 30s

Better stateroom in sqfeet, comfort

Food in the MDR and food at the buffet, variety of options

Drink options and Packages

Onboard entertainment and variety of stuff to do during the day/night

Ships in design and layout

Price I think Celebrity would win.

Private island Castaway Cay or Celebrity's private island.

In case you're wondering what I'm asking your opinion on either or if you've been what you think is better for adults X or Disney and based on all of that what you think is better for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are Elites on Celebrity and we were on Summitt in June and will be cruising on Equinox March 3rd

We took our first cruise on Disney Magic on December 11th with our two Grandkids, Luke 9 and Shelby ,6. We were very surprised as to how wonderful our experience was. The food was wondering and far better than Celebrity. Service was outstanding as well as the entertainment! We also were surprised as to all the Adult Only venues. Disney does it right. The kids loved the "Kids Club" and spent time enjoying, while we were able to enjoy some adult time. The price was more than Celebrity, but worth it. We also couldn't believe the number of adults that were without children. Honestly, a trip with many great memories.

Our first Celebrity cruise is next week but I will say that Disney does an OUTSTANDING job. Food, service, kid's programming is all top notch. As PP indicated they also do a wonderful job segregating "adults only" areas and programming.

Castaway Cay is a GREAT private island, again with a separate adults only section.

Biggest reason we've had to pull back is the pricing. We've been doing 2 or 3 "mainstream" cruises a year for what one on Disney would cost, even with FL resident discounts.

I've been on 3 Celebrity cruises and 1 on Disney.

All four cruses were great but I have to give the edge to Disney.

We were with our kids who were pre teen and teenage at the time.

The ship was filled with kids but it never felt that way. Our kids opted not to participate in the kid clubs on Disney but there was plenty of activities we all enjoyed together.

Disney's stage shows were better, the food was better and the service was slightly better.

The price was significantly more on Disney. The split bathroom with the sink outside made it easier for us to get ready quicker.

As an adult I enjoyed Disney more but I also had a great time on all of my Celebrity cruises. You get more with Disney but you are paying for it.

I agree that Disney has a much better product. We took 2 when our children were in their teens. Glad to hear that after 17 years, Disney still gets top marks. We will take our grandchildren when they are old enough to appreciate the experience. In the meantime, DH and I will take 2-3 Celebrity cruises to Disney's one.

This year we've taken 2 Disney and 1 Celebrity cruises; last year, the reverse, and we enjoyed them all for different reasons.

The production shows on Disney would be hard to beat, as you can imagine, and I agree with a PP who mentioned the numbers of adults who cruise Disney without children. I am sure we were told that on the Disney Transatlantic in September that there were fewer than 150 children on board!

We had our (mid thirties) son, daughter-in-law and granchildren with us on our Disney Mediterranean cruise this year and we were surprised and delighted by how much they enjoyed the various adult entertainment venues.

Next year we are not cruising Disney with the family, purely down to the price.

I've enjoyed the food on both lines but I do prefer dining in Blu with Celebrity mostly because of the smaller, quieter dining experience.

We have sailed Celebrity 5 times and Disney twice, once without kids. Disney is definitely better in my opinion in all respects. With that being said, we are Disney fans which is a must. The entertainment is fantastic. Disney has plenty of adult activities. We never felt the crush of kids. And, they actually smile at the Purser's desk. If you sail one of the newer ships, I highly recommend Remy. It is expensive but there are few land-based restaurants that compare. Also, Palo is another adult restaurant that is also excellent with a modest charge. I found both of these better than Celebrity specialty restaurants. Entertainment is fantastic but very Disneyesque. You have a real movie theater. The adult bars and lounges are great. Cabins are very comfortable. Castaway Cay is fantastic. You might ask why I don't sail them all the time? They are very pricey on par with Oceania.

We taken several Disney cruises and are looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise this coming summer. I don't expect Celebrity to beat Disney.

If you are real Disney fans you'll love Disney. If not ... well, about the third night of shows about Disney you get tired of the shows. Great dancers and singers, but it's all Disney all the time. "Disney Dreams!" "Disney's Golden Mickeys!" ... you get the idea. I'm a Disney fan but I have to take a break by the fourth night.

The best meal I have had at sea was in Palos, before they had Remy's. It really was good food (can't compare Celebrity yet, but my track record with extra pay restaurants on other lines makes me hesitant to ever pay extra for a meal on a cruise ship ... unless it's a Disney ship).

So if you're a Disney fan, go with Disney. If you can give or take Disney it's a harder choice.

Never been on either one before, so who has better onboard experience were in our 30s

Better stateroom in sqfeet, comfort

Food in the MDR and food at the buffet, variety of options

Drink options and Packages

Onboard entertainment and variety of stuff to do during the day/night

Ships in design and layout

Price I think Celebrity would win.

Private island Castaway Cay or Celebrity's private island.

In case you're wondering what I'm asking your opinion on either or if you've been what you think is better for adults X or Disney and based on all of that what you think is better for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Disney but you are paying for it $$$$$$$$.

We started cruising with Disney but switched to Celebrity and will probably stick with them, mostly because of their Aqua and Suite Class.

We're in our mid 30's, no kids.

The shows on Disney were definitely superb (we're Disney fans), but very family oriented. We love Elyria on the Constellation, you'll never see that on Disney :-)

I really liked the adult only pool and the beach at Castaway Cay.

Service is very good on both lines.

We prefer Celebriy because of Blu/Luminae: feels much more like a "real" restaurant, you can go when you want and (important to us) get a table for two.

We also prefer the bars at Celebrity and the more contemporary/adult atmosphere in general.

Now if we take my godson we'll definitely do Disney again.

Does Disney have "dinners" for the kids so parents can go to the Adults Only restaurants (of course not all the time), or do they have babysitters to make that possible for a parents date night?

You can arrange dinner for them at the kids club or taking earlier to dinner and than drop them off at the kids club.

We loved Disney. We also love Celebrity. The price of Disney is so high, if we got a good sale , we would do Disney again. Celebrity is close with everything, but Disney would be slightly better. Our Friends did a Disney and went in spring and had so many kids and out of control kids at that, they were kicking their seats in the theatre and in the movie theatre, parents would drop them off and they were running wild while they tried to watch a movie. When we went we didn't have any problems. With the price difference I go with Celebrity.

........ As PP indicated they also do a wonderful job segregating "adults only" areas and programming.

I think this is the one thing they don't always do as well as the could, there were tons of kids in and out of the adult areas both of the Dream and Fantasy, nobody enforcing it either but mind you the parents should know better.

I do like both lines though.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER