Margaritaville on Getaway

champagne lover

We loved this restaurant when we were on Escape, when it was free but you normally had to wait a while for a table. I believe there is now a charge. What is the charge on Getaway and does this cut down on the wait time? And is it only open for lunch?

I can tell you on the Escape in October there was never a wait and most of the tables were always empty. This is not the kind of place that can do 'a la carte', I think they will realize that in the next year or so....

I was on the Escape right after they switched to a paid restaurant. It was easy to get a table and the cost was that terrible. I got the Volcano nachos for $6.00 if I'm not mistaken. UBP worked here so the drinks were "free". I think they are open for breakfast also, not a 100% sure on that.

On Getaway it's only open from 12:00-5:00 and I never saw it more than half full.

I never saw more than 3 or 4 tables in use.

.....Except at breakfast when it was complimentary and NOT Margaritaville branded food. It's a nice quiet place to grab breakfast on the days they choose to open it for breakfast. Check the paper to see what days they are open for a small but good breakfast buffet.

• 2 weeks later...
I never saw more than 3 or 4 tables in use.

.....Except at breakfast when it was complimentary and NOT Margaritaville branded food. It's a nice quiet place to grab breakfast on the days they choose to open it for breakfast. Check the paper to see what days they are open for a small but good breakfast buffet.

So have they changed the Flamingos restaurant to a Margaritaville? If so I'm sad to hear that. My family really liked Flamingos and my 9 year old still talks about it (and he is not a big eater). Cruising the Getaway at the beginning of April and was looking forward to Flamingos.

So have they changed the Flamingos restaurant to a Margaritaville? If so I'm sad to hear that. My family really liked Flamingos and my 9 year old still talks about it (and he is not a big eater). Cruising the Getaway at the beginning of April and was looking forward to Flamingos.

Yes, unfortunately it has been changed over to Margaritaville. We were sorry too as we loved the Flamingo Grill.

Yes, unfortunately it has been changed over to Margaritaville. We were sorry too as we loved the Flamingo Grill.

Bummer...was looking forward to lunches there. Hopefully they don't scrap Shanghai or start charging for that before we sail. We were on Escape after they started charging for Margaritaville and didn't bother eating there.

So it's just a la carte...not part of the dining package or anything?

You can use one of your meals from the SDP there, but it's not the best use of a dinner in my opinion. There are so many better options to use those dinners.

However, you don't need to make a reservation in advance as they always have tables available;)

Correct, a la carte, we didn't even bother with it on our 7 day. I mean if I am going to be paying, Food Republic please and thank you.

Agree! We look forward to going back to Food Republic. You can't use your SDP here but the prices are good for what you get.

If I'm on land we have been known to pay for a fun meal at Margaritaville. However, the on board experience just isn't as much fun and the menu is limited. Much better use of your SDP elsewhere. If you have the UBP the bar in here has good drinks to try and is covered under the UBP.

On the Getaway right now, it is open from 12-5, it is a la carte or, as previously stated, UDP eligible. We ate here 3 times this week for about $20-25 per visit per couple if we ate full meals. Less if you only want drinks and appetizers and have UBP. It is one of our favorites. Love the volcano nachos with a Landsharks or margaritas. Was about half to 2/3 full every time we were there. Never waited. Food it plentiful, and good. Fish tacos, cheeseburger in paradise and fish and chips are a hit with us. We had UDP but chose a la carte option to keep dinners. We felt the upcharge was worth it. Would be more at a land based MV. Seems to be popular, but not too popular where you can't get a seat. Music was always playing Jimmy Buffet. Vibe was nice.

We found the prices to be nominal. It was like $4 for a huge club sandwich and $6 for the Cheeseburger In Paradise and fries.

To top it off, they comped one of our burgers and gave us a free slice of key lime pie due to slow service. Here's the kicker - we never complained and thought their service speed was just fine!! They got an extra big tip for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it wasn't really speciality worthy fare. The nachos were more substantial but still queso rather than real cheese. $6 is cheap for a burger but don't forget you already paid like $75 a day for food so your lunch was actually $30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To me it wasn't really speciality worthy fare. The nachos were more substantial but still queso rather than real cheese. $6 is cheap for a burger but don't forget you already paid like $75 a day for food so your lunch was actually $30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think this states it perfectly. I mean, to me it is kind of like being at a place where I can choose between a 5 star single owned restaurant and an olive garden. The choice is simple.