Taking Water/Soda on Board- Oasis

Jen1000

We are going on Oasis of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Does anyone have recent experience with taking water and/or soda on board? Can you check it in with a luggage tag? Can you carry it on board in your carry on?

In the past I have done both of these on several cruise lines. I know each port can be different and cruise lines change what they want to enforce.

We are going on Oasis of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Does anyone have recent experience with taking water and/or soda on board? Can you check it in with a luggage tag? Can you carry it on board in your carry on?

In the past I have done both of these on several cruise lines. I know each port can be different and cruise lines change what they want to enforce.

We have had bad luck with putting a luggage tag on a case of water at Port Canaveral. I'd put your water and soda in some sort of container.

We have always put bottles of water (maybe 5-7) in each suitcase or in the outside pockets and then checked them. We never had an issue except one cruise over spring break my husband had to physically get our luggage from a lower floor. He had to open the bag up and they shook the bottles while the crew examined them. Since it was spring break, I think they were making sure it wasn't kids smuggling vodka. All was well and we got to get the water and luggage back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have always put bottles of water (maybe 5-7) in each suitcase or in the outside pockets and then checked them. We never had an issue except one cruise over spring break my husband had to physically get our luggage from a lower floor. He had to open the bag up and they shook the bottles while the crew examined them. Since it was spring break, I think they were making sure it wasn't kids smuggling vodka. All was well and we got to get the water and luggage back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That lower floor is fondly referred to as "the naughty room". ;)

Happened to me several times some years ago. Once for wire hangers, allowed

but they wanted to look at them (I now bring only extra plastic hangers) and

once for water in my checked suitcase...same deal with the shaking of the bottles.

Since then, I simply toss 6-8 bottles of water in a separate cloth tote bag, attach

a check tag on it, and it has always made it to my cabin. That tote is much

easier to handle for the crew than the bulky cases (or boxes?) of water. If ever sent

down to the nefarious naughty room...I can get it later when the line goes down, and

does not delay my regular suitcase.

Edited by island lady

We were on Oasis two weeks ago, and brought a case of bottled water in a duffle bag. Checked it through to our cabin with no problem.

this is from my cruise contract for Feb 2017.

Alcohol Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor,

fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines)

or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption

or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or

champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to

two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom.

Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible.

Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be

delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve

their luggage from security once the ship has set sail.

Your results may vary but one should know the policy in case they run into someone who knows the policy and enforces it.

• 2 weeks later...

We just sailed 12/31 - 1/8 on the Oasis.

We had 5 people for an 8 night cruise, so I packed 3 cases of small (12 oz?) Dasani bottles in a large duffel bag. We put a luggage tag on it at the pier (weren't able to print any luggage tags at home). It showed up in our cabin no problem.

When we went off the ship in San Juan, we asked if we could bring cases of water back on the ship through security and we were told yes, so we purchased more water at the Walgreens directly across the street from the pier. It was hand carried through security with no problems.

Update- We bought a case of water and a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi. My suitcase wheels were not working at the Orlando airport so I went to Costco Sunday morning and bought a new set. We put the water and soda in the old suitcase and checked it in. Delivered to the cabin no problem. On the ship I asked the cabin steward to dispose of the old suitcase. We had brought an empty duffel bag for this but used the suitcase instead.

Edited by Jen1000

Confused didn't think RCCL allow you to carry on any water or soda? Only 2 bottles of wine? Has this changed lately?

No recent changes, they only allow the two bottles of wine, but frequently don't enforce the rules in the case of water and soda.

Just off the Oasis.

Had a carry on roller bag with 2- 12 pkg pepsi, no problem. Security asked what we had after the xray, we said pepsi and they didn't even open the bag. Also brought 2 bottles of wine in a backpack again no problem and they didn't open the backpack either

We checked it in without problem. They do not seem to care. I also carried on a bottle of tonic water, which was actually for medical reasons for my Mom, but I was not asked.

Confused didn't think RCCL allow you to carry on any water or soda? Only 2 bottles of wine? Has this changed lately?
Edited by Jen1000