Crown - aft balcony

cruisinlawn

We're looking into taking Norwegian Fjords this Summer. We've had cabins all over but never a rear facing. Can one tell me...is this balcony fully covered? More importantly how much noise, vibartion or soot might one encounter? We're looking specifically at Baja deck. Thanks for the input. :)

Yes, fully covered. No soot, no noise. There is however, a small constant vibration due to the ship screws. Some people don't notice it, some people cannot stand it. I call it a Gentle Jiggle. FWIW, these are some of the most coveted cabins on the ship and the views are to die for.

We're looking into taking Norwegian Fjords this Summer. We've had cabins all over but never a rear facing. Can one tell me...is this balcony fully covered? More importantly how much noise, vibartion or soot might one encounter? We're looking specifically at Baja deck. Thanks for the input. :)

What cabin?

I'm one who likes the "gentle jiggle" in the aft facing cabins on the grand class ships.

The aft facing cabins are absolutely wonderful for places like the Norwegian fjords (or Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm) because you can see both sides at once. You don't miss a thing! Your aft facing cabin will be wonderful in Norway.

(And, as I am sure your ship's naturalist or port lecturer will tell you, be sure to think of the trolls while in the fjords:)

Enjoy it!

We stayed in the Owners Suite in June for our Alaska tour and it was amazing! Right at the very aft of the ship, a triple length balcony mostly, if not all covered. Private and no noise, and some great 360 degree panoramic views when cruising through the glacier. When the boat stopped the captain would spin around so we could see everything with ease from this cabin. Highly recommended!