Just off Vista

dogsled

My husband & I with four adult kids (ages 21-24), just completed Christmas cruise out of Miami. I have only cruised 8 times so not an expert (RC, carnival & Disney). Just want to comment on the two things I was stressed about which turned out to be no stress at all.

Checking in & getting on the Vista; piece of cake. We were unable to purchase "faster to the fun" since booked late. No longer sure why that would be worth it after this cruise. Actually wanted FTTF just to avoid that line. Had a suite on Glory in March & actually got on ship faster this time with just simple balcony room! Check in was 11:30 & got in line at 11:15. Stood in line for literally 10 minutes; got our "onboard number". Walked back to boarding area they called our # to board & we were eating & having first drink on ship before noon!

Other item; your time dining. Stood in line at most for 10 minutes to get a "buzzer". The only nite we waited awhile to get table was first formal nite so we ate later. Other than that it was painless. We didn't miss having same servers as we thought we would. Buffet lines; after 9 am expect a little wait but really not bad. 8 am I didn't experience much of a line. Also never had to wait longer then 5 minutes to order drink at any bar. I understand it was a full ship on 24th. It was a great cruise. No major complaints Just wanted to speak mainly of boarding process & your time dining experience. Getting off at ports also nothing too major. Had 2 excursions & only one of those through cruise line so first off in that case. I am not a very patient person so was a little worried about lines but overall great experience.

immediately.

immediat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info! We leave on Jan. 28th and have been looking forward to this cruise for two full years!

Question for you, since you've cruised on the Glory. We (full family of 15) will be cruising Glory in June. I understand we will be going from the newest ship (Vista) to a bit older ship, but hope the Glory will be fun for the kids (ages 9-16).

Similar experiences?

I sail during the christmas week too.

Had lobster tail at fine dinning on Christmas day. No surcharge.

No chinese and indian food on the buffet.

The food at the fine dinning is better.

The burrito food is good.

Getting off the ship is fast. We left before 7 am.

Edited by chong67

In reply to those inquiring about food, really no complaints there either with Vista. We do enjoy fine dining so certainly didn't expect over the top with buffet! Enjoyed the lobster shack, guys, and did try out both specialty restaurants. Buffet was like any other. No one in our group had complaints. We did not do IMAX. Wish I did. So much to do even for a week. Did sky ride & yes there was a wait; only open between 12& 5:30 other then sea days if I remember correctly. Waiting in line for that was worth it as it was fun to watch other activities going on in same area. Kids will really enjoy this ship as well. I cannot complain about service; our room was immaculate every day. Dining service was fine & again just don't recall having to wait long for service.

On another note, this was one of the quietest ships I have been on. Heard no neighbors next to us, above or below. Room 7293 balcony room.

Happy to read this. We are booked for Vista in May and FTTF is sold out, with 3 kids waiting in long lines is painful.

thanks for sharing.

Vista has staggered check in now. The lines should NOT be long. Getting your sign and sail card at the cabin instead of the check in desk helps that line too

I think when it gets closer to the sailing they may open up 15 more depending on how many platinum and diamond people are onboard

Vista has staggered check in now. The lines should NOT be long. Getting your sign and sail card at the cabin instead of the check in desk helps that line too

I think when it gets closer to the sailing they may open up 15 more depending on how many platinum and diamond people are onboard

check in was a breeze, if you do all your stuff ahead of time.....

My husband & I with four adult kids (ages 21-24), just completed Christmas cruise out of Miami. I have only cruised 8 times so not an expert (RC, carnival & Disney). Just want to comment on the two things I was stressed about which turned out to be no stress at all.

Checking in & getting on the Vista; piece of cake. We were unable to purchase "faster to the fun" since booked late. No longer sure why that would be worth it after this cruise. Actually wanted FTTF just to avoid that line. Had a suite on Glory in March & actually got on ship faster this time with just simple balcony room! Check in was 11:30 & got in line at 11:15. Stood in line for literally 10 minutes; got our "onboard number". Walked back to boarding area they called our # to board & we were eating & having first drink on ship before noon!

Other item; your time dining. Stood in line at most for 10 minutes to get a "buzzer". The only nite we waited awhile to get table was first formal nite so we ate later. Other than that it was painless. We didn't miss having same servers as we thought we would. Buffet lines; after 9 am expect a little wait but really not bad. 8 am I didn't experience much of a line. Also never had to wait longer then 5 minutes to order drink at any bar. I understand it was a full ship on 24th. It was a great cruise. No major complaints Just wanted to speak mainly of boarding process & your time dining experience. Getting off at ports also nothing too major. Had 2 excursions & only one of those through cruise line so first off in that case. I am not a very patient person so was a little worried about lines but overall great experience.

For those of us that didn't have excursions, the DR disembarkation could not have been more chaotic - we were directed and lined up down the hallway of cabins almost to the other end on deck one -- I felt really bad for those people who had Snoozin' signs on their doors. Then we merged with those on the stairs which created further congestion. We had an excursion in Bonaire so we were led down separately through a crew stairwell so I'm not sure how that disembarkation went. We didn't have trouble at all in Aruba. I didn't get out at GT, so can't say anything about that one. Seems they're still working out the kinks on this one.