NYC Manhattan Port.

Rhodeisland17

Thanks for all the info. I called the hotel $244 per room we would need 4 rooms. Where do you get a coupon for the 25% ...

So ...

you are sailing with 9 others on the GEM this February. Here's the link - print that coupon first for use.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2431745&highlight=Gem+parking

There are folks sailing this week - they should be reporting back whether this discount is in place still for 2017 at the pier, those that sailed last week confirmed it as valid ... even though it's no longer posted on the site.

Please re-check the pier terminal's most current parking rate before sailing next month, just in case.

As has been mentioned....driving in from RI and parking at the pier seems the easiest and most comfortable plan for all of you.

I am certain that you plan to give plenty of time to get into the City- variables affecting the trip would be traffic and weather conditions.

Also, someone wrote good advice about having a shovel,ice scraper and brush/small broom to dig out your car and remove snow from it.

Wishing you clear highways, no snow and an enjoyable cruise !

We just returned home this am. I bit the bullet and paid the 280 to park it really was easy, close, convenient, I actually started the car from the ship so it was nice and warm! Getting in and out was easy also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for all the great input. Now if we could only predict the weather in February :-) I'm very excited!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Forums mobile app

Make sure you have warm clothes-

I packed 4 days of warm clothes and could have used a few warmer sweatshirts and pants.

You'll need to walk outside at times and it's so windy at sea plus the speed of the ship and the height of the ship where the buffet and pool are and it's chilly /cold for the first 1.5 and last 1.5 days....

Mkmaj does the Hilton Garden shuttle to the Manhattan pier? I had wanted to do that but I didn't know it was an option. I'm definitely going to look into that.

we got off breakaway today and did the Hilton Garden with 7 of us. We purchased 1 room with park/shuttle deal and 1 regular room and it was no extra charge for the extra people

we got off breakaway today and did the Hilton Garden with 7 of us. We purchased 1 room with park/shuttle deal and 1 regular room and it was no extra charge for the extra people

So how long did it take to catch the shuttle back at end of cruise?

Did you wait long? Or was there a que of everyone waiting till everyone on the package was there and all left at once?

Want to go in night before out 2/26 cruise but seems nowhere in Manhatten does a pre stay and park package so this may be only option.

Thanks everyone. I believe a good option for us is the Park Right parking. I noticed that the parking at the port doesn't take reservations and it's a first come first serve. :)

I've parked at the pier maybe 40 or so times & trust me it's worth it. First of all, these parking decks are HUGE...and if they ever DO get filled up (it has only happened to me once) ...then they'll direct you to the parking deck next door - ie, instead of parking at pier 88 you'd park at pier 90. There's nothing like the convenience of disembarking your ship & going through customs & taking the elevator back upstairs, getting in your car & going! There are porters in the luggage claim area who will collect everyone's luggage & follow you back upstairs to your car. If anyone in your party is in a wheelchair, the wheelchair pusher will push all the way up to your car....it's very well worth it!

We just returned home this am. I bit the bullet and paid the 280 to park it really was easy, close, convenient, I actually started the car from the ship so it was nice and warm! Getting in and out was easy also.

LOLL - I also remote start my car from my balcony!! :D;)

• 4 weeks later...

I figured I would post this here.

We have someone who has a collapsible wheelchair . Can we bring it thru the port and onto the ship. Will they allow you to take it on board the Gem. Or do we have to make arrangements to get a wheelchair thru the ship? thanks

Thanks everyone. I believe a good option for us is the Park Right parking. I noticed that the parking at the port doesn't take reservations and it's a first come first serve. :)

We used Park Right - I was dropped off at the pier with the luggage, and someone went to drop the car off. He walked back, but they will also drive you back if you want. (Its about a 10 minute walk or a few minute cab ride.)

On your return, one person can grab a cab to the garage (they reimburse you $5 if you take a cab - get a receipt) and everyone else can just wait in the warmth of the terminal with the luggage. Then when the car gets there - they can call you and you can meet them outside.

It was perfect for us and a lot less expensive than parking right at the pier.

A couple months ago I was driving by the pier and I noticed a packing lot across the street, maybe 57th or 58th st? that had discounted parking advertised cheaper than the pier. You can drop everyone off, circle back around to this lot, and walk across the street to the ship.

• 1 month later...

Okay I can't copy this in the tread but if you go to the Norwegian gem Feb 17th tread and search for the post number 148 you'll see it. I was able to print it and use it. It is for the Gem only I believe and even though it says summer they allowed me to use it.