Princess Visa card woes

Cobra427SC

I know that others have complained about the "rewards" system on the Barclay's Princess Visa card and I intend to write a letter to Jan Swartz, the Princess CEO, but can't seem to find the CEO for Barclay's, either US or just the Visa card person might suffice. Anyone have a name and address? Ain't foolin' (never do) with any underlings, only the boss. thanx steve

Funny my husband and I were just talking about contacting Jan Swartz about the Barclay/Princess Card ridiculousness!

Personally, we have decided to end our relationship with Barclay/Princess Visa. We too are dealing with their failure to deliver as promised. I also have a big problem with them continuing to promote these so called benefits when they know well and good they CAN NOT or WILL NOT deliver these benefits as promised.

Not a single one of our 15+ Princess transactions over the last 180 days have been recognized as an eligible transaction to receive Statement Credits. I have been going back and forth with them since Nov. 20th with nothing from Barclay other than the standard BS. Oh they agree these charges should be eligible but can't seem to find the right buttons to push to make it happen! Seriously, they don't even provide an excuse and it wasn't until last week that the even acknowledged that something was wrong on their end:mad:.

My husband has been in IT in the banking world for almost 40 years. We know how this works and a problem like this should never be allowed to continue in a company of Barclay's size. One can speculate they must be dealing with something bigger and badder:eek:

When I inquired with my Customer Care "Case Manger" if my balance due charge for the next cruise would show up as eligible I was told (I kid you not) maybe, maybe not. Guess what? It did not, even though it clearly states on Barclay Princess website that all Princess purchases are eligible!!!

At this point I don't need or want statement credits but I will continue to be a throne and demand they provide this benefit, as promised. And I will continue to badger them to remove the false statement that princess purchases are eligible for statement credits.

I will miss my pretty Princess card and the nice conversations I've had with people who notice. I will no longer have a reason to tell complete strangers the joy of cruising on Princess Cruise line.:(

I will now use the other card that looks like everyone else's but I will receive my 1%-2% cash back, as promised, without having to contact "Customer Care" just to get what is promised!

Our recent experience with Barclay was a nightmare. After endless attempts to talk to a human being rather than a robot, we got through to someone with a very tenuous grasp of English. Apparently Barclay, like so many others, has contracted out to an off-shore call center. After insisting on talking to a manager, a man came on the phone who was obviously American and answered our very simple question. We are reconsidering this Barclay/Princess card, too.

Are we still able to get OBC for our points with the Princess card? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes......just go to web site and click on rewards and benefits.......then you can get your on board credit. If you have 40,000 points you can get $500 o board credit.

I know that others have complained about the "rewards" system on the Barclay's Princess Visa card and I intend to write a letter to Jan Swartz, the Princess CEO, but can't seem to find the CEO for Barclay's, either US or just the Visa card person might suffice. Anyone have a name and address? Ain't foolin' (never do) with any underlings, only the boss. thanx steve

When we dumped our card several years ago I found the Barclays big wigs well insulated and hidden. IMO......Its a terrible company.

Yes......just go to web site and click on rewards and benefits.......then you can get your on board credit. If you have 40,000 points you can get $500 o board credit.

Thanks that's what I thought but wanted to make sure it hadn't changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a thread that my wife saw, and I didn't, but it dealt with other disgusted and disillusioned Princess Visa cardholders who have "reward points" but can't get a straight answer from Barclay's about the redemption of these reward points. We've called their customer service line and spoken to 6 different reps, including one supervisor, and none of them can provide us with a satisfactory answer. We have in excess of 400K points, but we can't seem to redeem them as we have in the past...in fact we can't seem to redeem that all. I'm just disgusted and frustrated with the whole situation and the incredible ineptitude of the people with whom we've dealt. My suspicions are that this not accidental.

There's a lot at stake here, so a weapons grade letter, not an email, is my first choice, and the platitudes of servants is not likely to quell the fire. Still looking for the address of a bigwig at Barclay's....finding Swartz was easy. As noted by Keith (I think) the wigs at insular and scarce.

thanx steve

ADD: Hey, sweetheart get Fidelity on the phone, it maybe time to get their credit card!

Edited by Cobra427SC
correct syntax and grammar

I'm not sure what all the problems are that people are having but we haven't had any issues with the card whatsoever; in fact, we have been receiving our double points for Princess charges, single points for all other charges and have recently redeemed points for credit toward our payment. Sorry for those that have had the issues.

There was a thread that my wife saw, and I didn't, but it dealt with other disgusted and disillusioned Princess Visa cardholders who have "reward points" but can't get a straight answer from Barclay's about the redemption of these reward points. We've called their customer service line and spoken to 6 different reps, including one supervisor, and none of them can provide us with a satisfactory answer. We have in excess of 400K points, but we can't seem to redeem them as we have in the past...in fact we can't seem to redeem that all. I'm just disgusted and frustrated with the whole situation and the incredible ineptitude of the people with whom we've dealt. My suspicions are that this not accidental.

There's a lot at stake here, so a weapons grade letter, not an email, is my first choice, and the platitudes of servants is not likely to quell the fire. Still looking for the address of a bigwig at Barclay's....finding Swartz was easy. As noted by Keith (I think) the wigs at insular and scarce.

thanx steve

ADD: Hey, sweetheart get Fidelity on the phone, it maybe time to get their credit card!

I think this is the thread Steve........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2407334&highlight=princess+barclays

I'm not sure what all the problems are that people are having but we haven't had any issues with the card whatsoever; in fact, we have been receiving our double points for Princess charges, single points for all other charges and have recently redeemed points for credit toward our payment. Sorry for those that have had the issues.

Glad you have had such good luck with redeeming points.

We are receiving our points......but have over 60,000 points and still waiting for the powers that be to be able to get a statement credit.

We took a cruise in October and were told it did not fall under the 180 days. They are now researching it and hopefully will have answer soon! We paid for an upcoming cruise in December ..........that also does not show. If this does not work out to our satisfaction.....will cancel card.

I must agree. I am sorry for those having troubles but everything is working as advertised for me: double points for Princess charges, single points for everything else. And my redemptions have been exactly what is offered on the website.

Thanx Keith, it looks like, at least the part of the thread that's clear as mud, your points are only good for Princess credit, in some form or another. Previously, and under the rules that we started with, you got credit on your Visa statement. 400K points was worth $7500 credit to my Visa, for whatever I purchased. The Princess card may be headed for the shredder. steve

Thanx Keith, it looks like, at least the part of the thread that's clear as mud, your points are only good for Princess credit, in some form or another. Previously, and under the rules that we started with, you got credit on your Visa statement. 400K points was worth $7500 credit to my Visa, for whatever I purchased. The Princess card may be headed for the shredder. steve

You have to provide a booking number when redeeming points but it shows up as a credit on the Rewards Card Statement. You will not see it in the Cruise Personalizer on princess.com.

You have to provide a booking number when redeeming points but it shows up as a credit on the Rewards Card Statement. You will not see it in the Cruise Personalizer on princess.com.

In the past (before the current fiasco) I have had points applied as credit to recent past Princess charges without the need of providing a booking number.

In the past (before the current fiasco) I have had points applied as credit to recent past Princess charges without the need of providing a booking number.

That's part of the problem we were dealing with today with the clueless phone rep for Barkley sitting in India or somewhere. The procedures have changed, and the phone reps don't know what the former procedures were.

Same for me.......no problems !!!!!!

Caribill....you are right. Two times we have traded in points for a credit on the Princess Visa card. I think that benefit is no longer available. I say "think" because the six people and two managers at Barclays I have spoken to over the past month don't know if that is still an option. Can you imagine? These people are supposed to help you redeem your credit card points, but they don't even know the options. That is what I was trying to do this third time. But no one seems to know what I will get for my 400,000 points. Statement credit? Reimbursement for a cruise I recently purchased? Supposedly, someone will call me on Friday to let me know how this turns out. I am not confident this will have a happy ending. This credit card redemption program is a sham. I will cancel my two Princess Visa cards once I get this straightened out. Not worth the hassle.

Was just checking boards to see if anyone else is having same problems as I have been...I guess so!

My cruise has been paid for and appears on statement, but several calls to credit card company with no resolution. They claim that it does not appear in their system, so there is nothing they can do! The transaction cleared 2 weeks ago, and it clearly says "Princess Cruise Passage".

Keep us updated if you get any resolution, and I will also.