Princess Visa card woes

Cobra427SC

I finally saw qualifying purchases on my online statement today that I could actually try and apply points to. So I tried and guess what? They now decided that I needed a minimum of 200,020 credits to use either of my qualifying purchases. What!???? So I called Barclay and was told they would have to manually apply for a statement credit, which they did. I should get my statement credit of $2225 dollars in 7 to 10 business days. I have already waited more than 7 to 10 business days twice now. This is number 3. I sure hope they get it right this time.

Same issue here. Case has been expedited. Was told it would be credited by Friday last week. This was call number 4. Called today since I received no credits. Points finally did show up but I got the same story too that I needed 200,000 points to redeem at 2%. I have 144,600. Was told to call again on Friday 2/3 to see what happens. My 180 days has only 14 left. What happens if they don't fix it in 14 days. So frustrating. Will look into a new reward card when all is straightened out, if ever. Any recommendations?

Same issue here. Case has been expedited. Was told it would be credited by Friday last week. This was call number 4. Called today since I received no credits. Points finally did show up but I got the same story too that I needed 200,000 points to redeem at 2%. I have 144,600. Was told to call again on Friday 2/3 to see what happens. My 180 days has only 14 left. What happens if they don't fix it in 14 days. So frustrating. Will look into a new reward card when all is straightened out, if ever. Any recommendations?

When you call on 2/3 tell them you only have a few days left before your 180 days are up and you want to know if you can have this grandfathered in because you have had this issue for so long. If they can't or won't do it ask to speak to their supervisor. Maybe ask for it in writing just to be safe. It may or may not work but they should allow you 2% on the entire amount. I've been checking back daily online to see if I have the credit yet and will post here if that near miracle happens. At least I have a a few months before I run out of time.

Capital One Venture Card.....

Bob

I had contacted them for a statement credit at 2% on about day 179!! Of course, it took about 5 weeks of expedited investigation to resolve the matter. I had asked them to redeem ALL my points at the 2% level for a statement credit once they figured out that I did qualify. And, they did redeem all the points, at 2%, even the points I had accrued AFTER the 180 days/point of initial inquiry.

So though I'm disappointed that it is so difficult to get things taken care of, I am glad they showed good customer service by redeeming points obtained after my query on the matter.

Now to get them to show all my Princess purchases as qualifying!

If you have a Fidelity Investments account, they offer 2% all purchases no fee Visa card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you call on 2/3 tell them you only have a few days left before your 180 days are up and you want to know if you can have this grandfathered in because you have had this issue for so long. If they can't or won't do it ask to speak to their supervisor. Maybe ask for it in writing just to be safe. It may or may not work but they should allow you 2% on the entire amount. I've been checking back daily online to see if I have the credit yet and will post here if that near miracle happens. At least I have a a few months before I run out of time.

I finally got my statement credit today! Hurray. All of it at 2%.

I am beyond frustrated, too! After numerous calls to the off-shore call center in the Philippines, I finally sent an email to Customer Relations at Princess, who, in turn, got in touch with someone from Barclays. She was able to get my points cashed in for statement credits, since the app kept showing that there were no qualified purchases....which was totally incorrect. So, now I have the statement credit...but NO STATEMENT! I received the email from Barclays informing me that my statement was ready on 2/4/2017. However, when I try to pull it up on the app or the Barclay's website, it only shows by statement from 1/4/17, which has been paid in full. My payments show up, and a balance shows up on my account, but there is no statement to go with it. I'm beginning to think that Barclay's is run by monkeys and not humans! No one from the call center can help me. When I ask to speak to someone in the US, I am put on hold for an incredible amount of time and my call is not answered ever. I believe my days of using the card are coming to an end, too. I have put in another call to Princess to let them know the situation. If they are promoting this card, they need to know the frustrations we are having with it. I am just trying to pay my bill, for goodness sakes!!!! It shouldn't be this difficult!!!!

Sorry you are still having trouble Karen. My next statement doesn't close until the about the 21st but I can see that I have a negative balance in the current balance column when I log in. The payment would be due on the 18th. I am going to make the minimum payment anyway because their FAQ states that you still must make a payment. I think they meant if you still owe money but I just don't want to take the chance something might get screwed up. It's less than $20 and will become a credit. And with a cruise coming up in a little over a week I will be charging a lot.

I hope your statement issue gets resolved quickly.

So, now I have the statement credit...but NO STATEMENT! I received the email from Barclays informing me that my statement was ready on 2/4/2017. However, when I try to pull it up on the app or the Barclay's website, it only shows by statement from 1/4/17, which has been paid in full. My payments show up, and a balance shows up on my account, but there is no statement to go with it.

There is a difference between when the statement is closed to new entries and when it is ready to be sent out. Between those two dates, you cannot see the new statement.

It is not just the Princess Visa bank. It is probably for every charge card you have. I had the same problem with American Express earlier this week, I could see how much the new statement balance was, but could not pull up the statement.

Yes......just go to web site and click on rewards and benefits.......then you can get your on board credit. If you have 40,000 points you can get $500 o board credit.

Do you know if the obc purchased with points still shows up in the personalizer with your ta and other credits? If so about how long after redemption?

Just an update. See my post #52. Finally received my statement credit for a few$$$ short of 3,000. Checked my account today and there it was. Noticed yesterday that all my points disappeared so I was hopeful. They did use all the points I had up to date.

Persistence pays off. Hopefully, things will go smoothly from here on in. For anyone still having an issue, you can call 866-928-3106. This number will get you to the managers desk and you will avoid the call center.

I have done 3 statement credit redemptions in the last couple weeks...all my rewards amounts are listed and when the date when points expire...I redeemed them one day and they appeared on my statement as credit the next business day...super easy.

I prefer statement credits, not OBC, then earn more double points for on board spending for more credit.

Working well for me:p. Sorry to hear others are still having issues:rolleyes:

Do you know if the obc purchased with points still shows up in the personalizer with your ta and other credits? If so about how long after redemption?

It is usually shown in the section shown below, not in the Onboard Credits section.

Special Services

Passenger purchased gifts and special service requests are listed below.

ALL SPECIAL SERVICES FOR THIS BOOKING

I'm not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread but I recently paid for our Princess cruise. The points showed up double on my online statement very soon after paying. If you go to using your points, it gives you options on using your points for the cruise I just paid for (which I did). It also showed my Carnival cruise from several months ago (it did take a while for that to show up as an option for using points) and my Delta airlines trip returning from the cruise which I booked directly with Delta on their website. So it is all working fine for me. I'm sorry others are having problems.

• 2 months later...

I am currently "fighting" with the Princess Card customer service people about inaccurate posting of double points. On the same statement, the card doubled some charges, i.e. future cruise credits, and failed to double points for other Princess charges. I wish these people would get their act together.

I am currently "fighting" with the Princess Card customer service people about inaccurate posting of double points. On the same statement, the card doubled some charges, i.e. future cruise credits, and failed to double points for other Princess charges. I wish these people would get their act together.

After spending hours with princess refit card points redemption reps we FINALLY got points applied to upcoming cruise. We are cancelling our card. It's not worth the hassle of dealing with representatives Who don't know the product, and only read from a script.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...

Not sure how all the comments ended. We use our Princess CC ALL the time. We have always received a credit to our card when redeming our points. You can use the credits applied to the card as a way to reduce a payment or apply to your purchases. It doesn't matter to us how they want to apply the credit it all gets used up anyway. A couple months a go they noticed they didn't give us double princess points for a cruise purchase. They found the mistake and corrected it immediately.

I can't say enough about their card, our credits have paid for 2 cruises in full in a year.

Not sure how all the comments ended. We use our Princess CC ALL the time. We have always received a credit to our card when redeming our points. You can use the credits applied to the card as a way to reduce a payment or apply to your purchases. It doesn't matter to us how they want to apply the credit it all gets used up anyway. A couple months a go they noticed they didn't give us double princess points for a cruise purchase. They found the mistake and corrected it immediately.

I can't say enough about their card, our credits have paid for 2 cruises in full in a year.

Same here. Never had an issue. We better count our blessings! If I had the problems the posters on this thread had, I would get rid of the card too!

Our daughter worked at Barclays so I was pretty familiar with how they operate. I can say that when I have called in the past to redeem points each time you call you get a different answer how it works. So it's no surprise customers have problems. All I know is the money shows up on our card and that's what counts! LOLOL