Puzzle Room on Harmony

It was free on the TA cruise, but apparently has a charge now. We did it on the TA for free, but it WAS a lot of fun - we would do it for the $9 a person. Our only problem is that they don't do different puzzles, just the same one, so if you solve it, you know the answer, and if you don't solve it, I hear they tell you the rest so you know how to solve it, so it's a "do it once" kind of thing.

DH and I did it on our Harmony cruise a couple of weeks ago. We had a blast! We didn't know anyone else in the group, but still had a great time. We solved it with a little over 3 minutes to spare :-)

Would I have preferred it be included in the price of the cruise? Of course. However, I wasn't going to let $18 stop me from having fun on my vacation. It was totally worth it for us.

DH and I did it on our Harmony cruise a couple of weeks ago. We had a blast! We didn't know anyone else in the group, but still had a great time. We solved it with a little over 3 minutes to spare :-)

Would I have preferred it be included in the price of the cruise? Of course. However, I wasn't going to let $18 stop me from having fun on my vacation. It was totally worth it for us.

I have booked it for 4 of our group (HOTS in March)....how many are usually in each group at a scheduled time.

I have booked it for 4 of our group (HOTS in March)....how many are usually in each group at a scheduled time.

I think we had 11 in our group, but I'm not sure what the minimum and maximums are. I don't think 4 people would be enough to complete the tasks, so you will probably be working with some other cruisers.

It was free on the TA cruise, but apparently has a charge now. We did it on the TA for free, but it WAS a lot of fun - we would do it for the $9 a person. Our only problem is that they don't do different puzzles, just the same one, so if you solve it, you know the answer, and if you don't solve it, I hear they tell you the rest so you know how to solve it, so it's a "do it once" kind of thing.

I'll probably schedule it up front and just do it. It does sound really cool.

I guess I was just surprised when there was a price for it when I heard it was free. I'm guessing it was only the first few sailings they offered it free. Not a big deal but just wondering if it was worth the extra money. I also saw they are now charging for the character breakfast. When I was on the Allure a few years ago, it was free. We had a great time but I wouldn't have paid $10 pp for it.

I wish there was a puzzle room on other ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it takes off on the few ships that it's on and people are willing to pay for it, they will most likely add it if it generates revenue for the cruise line.

My husband and I did the escape room on Anthem in September, there were like 12-15 people total I think. We solved it with the second faster time that cruise :D

We are already booked for us and two friends on our cruise on Harmony in two weeks, definitely think it will be worth the $9 per person.

I still don't like having to pay for this. They say its because they had too many no shows and that when it was free people didn't take it seriously. They said that people were tearing up the equipment. With all that being said it was worth it and I would do it again.

Just guessing, but in places like that here locally they change it seasonally, or about 3-4 times a year.

I still don't like having to pay for this. They say its because they had too many no shows and that when it was free people didn't take it seriously. They said that people were tearing up the equipment. With all that being said it was worth it and I would do it again.

The places like this here in my town and other places like it, charge a pretty hefty fee, so the $9 doesn't seem to bad to me.

Just guessing, but in places like that here locally they change it seasonally, or about 3-4 times a year.

I think it would be pretty difficult to change the one on Harmony. Everything is kind of built into the room, so to speak.

I think it would be pretty difficult to change the one on Harmony. Everything is kind of built into the room, so to speak.

I've not seen any pictures, my thinking was it could be changed like show sets on occasion, thought that is done less often. I imagine from description the actual script can be changed. [/speculation] Basing on one land experience.

If you Google it, you will see pictures and descriptions. It is really well done, but as I said before, I think it would be difficult to change. The video portion could be changed, but the props, puzzles, and room itself seem pretty permanent. If they were to change it, I would think it wouldn't be for many years.

If you Google it, you will see pictures and descriptions. It is really well done, but as I said before, I think it would be difficult to change. The video portion could be changed, but the props, puzzles, and room itself seem pretty permanent. If they were to change it, I would think it wouldn't be for many years.

This has me eager to see how it's set up on Harmony. On Anthem it could be changed very easily. Clues and puzzles were easily movable and were just hidden around the room, like in furniture, behind decorations, etc. Nothing permanent.

I think its a great idea. I only heard about it through cruise critic and immediately booked it for a sea day.on my upcoming cruise. Found lots of times still available, so I don't think that many people know about it yet until they get onboard. The fee is very minimal which will ensure passengers go, and it shouldn't break anybody"s budget. We have 6 in our group so a good time should be had by all.

OK. You have me wondering. What sort of puzzle is it? And if they can make money on it, they will. Even some of the activities in the Schooner Bar on our last cruise had fees attached.

What kind of activities in the Schooner Bar were they charging for:confused: The only one I've ever seen was a mixology class and from what I observed was crazy that some paid for this as it was easy to hear and see it from anywhere in the bar. If they start charging for the Trivia they better get better prizes :D:D

What kind of activities in the Schooner Bar were they charging for:confused: The only one I've ever seen was a mixology class and from what I observed was crazy that some paid for this as it was easy to hear and see it from anywhere in the bar. If they start charging for the Trivia they better get better prizes :D:D

Your took the mouth right out of my words.