Hotels near port in New York

fire&teacher

Princess ships leave from the terminal in the Red Hook section of Brooklyn.

Last October, my DH and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Brooklyn near the Brooklyn Bridge. The rooms were typically on the small side .

The hotel was clean,comfortable and the staff was welcoming and helpful. One of the front desk agents arranged for a car service to take us to the pier when we asked about getting a cab.y

I recall that the fare was $18.00 with an additional tip.

While this hotel is convenient to.the pier, a person would have to take public transportation - the subway is nearby to this hotel - to get to see sights in Manhattan.

So, you may consider a hotel in Manhattan.

For years, we have stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Midtown located on 6th Ave..

This hotel is in a great location.

You can walk from the hotel to the Theater District, Central Park, many museums, and shopping on Fifth Avenue.

Public transportation is easily accessible as well from this hotel as are tour buses,taxis and Uber rides.

On the day of embarkation,

you could arrange for a car service, or Uber to take you to the Brooklyn pier. It is a bit of a drive,so I would not choose a taxi from Manhattan to the pier because the meter runs even when you are sitting in traffic .

I do hope you enjoy exploring NYC.

It is a great city and I am pleased to say that I am a native New Yorker !

Enjoy your cruise as well !

It is an oxymoron - there are no nice hotels near the Brooklyn pier. It is a pretty scary/warehouse/industrial type area.

So pick an area that you want to spend your time pre-cruise and then hire a car service or taxi to Red Hook for the ship.

I would stay in Manhattan.

Edited by Coral

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice hotel near the terminal in New York? DH and I would like spend a few days seeing New York before our cruise starting October 14. Thanks for any recommendations

If you are leaving from Red Hook, Brooklyn.......

There is a nice Marriott about 3 miles away near the Brooklyn Bridge.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/nycbk-new-york-marriott-at-the-brooklyn-bridge/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

My husband and I stayed at the Kimpton, which is in the Hells Kitchen area, back in October. It was very, very nice. We were able to walk to our ship from the hotel, so no transportation was needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I stayed at the Kimpton, which is in the Hells Kitchen area, back in October. It was very, very nice. We were able to walk to our ship from the hotel, so no transportation was needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You must have left from the Manhattan cruise terminal, which is near Hells Kitchen, instead of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, which certainly is not.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice hotel near the terminal in New York? DH and I would like spend a few days seeing New York before our cruise starting October 14. Thanks for any recommendations

Just stay in a hotel on Manhattan where you want to visit. A taxi from Times Square to the Red Hook Cruise terminal in Brooklyn runs about $45. The bigger issue is what hotels will cost you in New York.