Dancing Lessons on RCCL

Does anyone know if Ballroom type - slow & easy lessons are provided on any of the RCCL ships? Now that I am retired and enjoying being on the ships, I thought it might be fun to give it a go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never heard of this but what a great idea!!!!

No. Only lines like Cunard have ballroom dancing any more.

I have seen country line dancing on ships out of Galveston and at best it was an opportunity to practice. The 'lesson' consisted of the instructor performing the routine once then turning on the music and letting everyone do what they wanted anyway.

Does anyone know if Ballroom type - slow & easy lessons are provided on any of the RCCL ships? Now that I am retired and enjoying being on the ships, I thought it might be fun to give it a go.

On every RCL and Celebrity cruise we've been on there are usually dance lessons in the afternoon on sea days, sometimes it's their dancers, male and female giving lessons. Evenings there are usually dance options. Last year on Anthem there was many dance options, ballroom in the music hall every night.

Plus Boleros and music hall later with 2 separate dance bands. Keep in mind every cruise has a different group of passengers, sometimes it's very active with dancing and other times not. Princess and NCL also had dancing.

Check out beyonships.com they have daily schedules of most every ship, although some are years old.

We've had them on all of our transatlantics, sometimes taught by the ships dancers, once by one of the performers in the Gaucho show (Latin dance) and on our Brilliance TA last Oct there was a guest couple of dance teachers that taught a different ballroom or Latin dance for an hour everyday.

These are not the same thing as the dances done poolside by the entertainment staff, but are done like a proper lesson in one of the lounges.

We're not great dancers but always attend and have had great fun and met some nice people too.

If you pick a longer cruise with lots of sea days you will likely find this.

Julie

I think Julie is correct. Our experience has been that RCL has an experienced dance couple who teaches lessons on the longer cruises (over a week- transatlantics, Panama Canal, etc.) These people are very good and the lessons were held in the lounges, covered ice rink or the Atrium (my least favorite). They are much better than the pros who are onboard. The pros have HIGH expectations... I think most cruises offer some type of dance lessons, but the shorter cruises tend to have more Latin type lessons (salsa, merengue, etc.)