? reserving excursions

deec

I have looked at the website and can not find the answer.....on the day that we are eligible to reserve (last day ) what time do the reservations go on line? I have not been able to even look at what will be available either the included or optional( & cost)...will I have access to that information prior to my category "going live"? I can see what is sometimes offered and perhaps the cost.

This is difficult in trying to maximize time in each port taking into consideration that we should use the included excursions. if we want something optional I should also start researching private tours.

Any tips or help would be appreciated. We are going April 15th Barcelona to Stockholm ( go toTallin and St. Petersburg).

Sometimes the planner in me is not my friend......My dear husband just says get on the ship and figure it out!! UGGh!

Shorex section of MyVikingJourney populates with the tours available on your sailing about 120 days out. Until then, you can use the itinerary page on the Viking website to see what might be offered.

Booking opens at midnight California time. Until booking opens for your stateroom, there will be a countdown to booking showing on the shorex pages. Some tours do sell out before booking opens for V category stateroom--or even before some DVs get a chance to book. If you get closed out of an included tour, contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com and let them know.

Our cruise is 100 days out

we are able to book in 40 days

and the only thing I see when I look in the "My Journey" is the message that my shore excursions can not be chosen for 40 days.

I will keep checking.

Our cruise is 100 days out

we are able to book in 40 days

and the only thing I see when I look in the "My Journey" is the message that my shore excursions can not be chosen for 40 days.

I will keep checking.

I think it will probably appear about a month before with the final excursions to be offered and their prices(so in 10 days maybe?) If something looks really good to you, I would look to see if it is offered in the port off the ship. Gives you an idea of how the ship price compares. We did the Viking Homelands cruise and I really wanted to see Malbork Castle in Gdansk. I wasn't sure if there would be enough interest or space available by the time we could book(I was in the same place you are). I looked for options off the ship but couldn't find one any cheaper. That really wasn't the problem, it was just getting there. Turns out there were a few buses going from the ship and we were able to secure a spot. But I was ready with an option if things didn't work. Took an alternative 2 day tour in SP for about half the ship price. We did 2 alternatives in Copenhagen that were much smaller groups and had a longer time in port. If you have the time, often the HOHO bus will get you to preferred locations much more economically than ship tours. Though you don't go to Flam, we opted to take the included excursion there and then did a trip from Bergen after we disembarked back to Flam, that included the train trip and RIB boat on the fjord. We had planned to stay a few extra days anyway. We arrived early in Stockholm and did all the things that interested us from the ship and a few extras with the Stockholm card for a fraction of the cost. Let me suggest you take the cruise to Pulpit Rock in Stavanger. You can do it through the ship or with our arrival and departure time there was also a local option in the afternoon that about 40 of our passengers opted for on our cruise. You can arrange the included in the morning. Do this. We did not. Figured we would see a lot of fjord scenery to our next port. Most of our fjord cruise was done in the dark. Depending on your cruise time of the year it could also happen to you. The PP cruise will be midday so you can take everything in.

Thanks for the information, Dauntless.

Looks like rock Pulpit will have to wait until we can do a cruise that does the norway coast and fjords. That cruise is on the want to do list.

That's what happens when you 'think' you know what people are talking about. Thought this covered the same route as the first cruise with the christening in Bergen and then to Stockholm but after going back to 'see' what you are talking about--my bad. Enjoy the cruise. I know I loved every minute. Don't fret about the specialty restaurant reservations. We could not book until on board and ate in them 7 of the 14 nights. Made every rotation of Chef's Table .

I think it will probably appear about a month before with the final excursions to be offered and their prices(so in 10 days maybe?) .

All tour information has to be on MyVikingJourney before booking opens for suites passengers 97 days before departure. If you are 100 days out, you should be able to which tours are being offered. If you click on "learn more" you can see a full description of the tour with times and prices.

If your browser blocks pop-ups and scripts, you might be having trouble seeing what's there. I know that I do, so i use a different browser with no blockers for certain finicky websites. Hope this helps.

Don't fret about the specialty restaurant reservations. We could not book until on board and ate in them 7 of the 14 nights. Made every rotation of Chef's Table .

Im learning that every trip is different. Manfredi's has been booked solid this trip and additional reservations have been hard to get after the first few days while Chef's Table has had plenty of openings each night even for walk-ins.

Edited by Peregrina651

We found that Angela was always at the desk in front of The Chef's Table around mid-morning and very helpful in finding openings in the restaurants. Of course not everything was available, but she was very helpful in explaining what was possible. If you have a group of 6-8, ask your travel agent to book the private dining room in Manfredi's or Chef's Table.

We found that Angela was always at the desk in front of The Chef's Table around mid-morning and very helpful in finding openings in the restaurants. Of course not everything was available, but she was very helpful in explaining what was possible. If you have a group of 6-8, ask your travel agent to book the private dining room in Manfredi's or Chef's Table.

And a reservation desk at the World Cafe is manned at breakfast and lunch each day. (Port side, just as you walk in)

You are all so helpful.......would love to meet one day on one of these incredible jouneys!!!!

I am going to try to open My Journey with a different browser.......if it doesn't work I will call next week.