NCL Ultimate Beverage Package Promo

hwola

I booked a cruise on the Breakaway with 3 other friends, and as part of the free at sea promo two of us have the UBP for free (plus gratuity). I read in the rules for the UBP that if anyone in a cabin buys it, everyone else has to as well. Is this also true for if we got it as a promo? I don't want to get charged full price for the other two people somehow without knowing the rules ahead of time.

They haven't charged us for the two other people yet and I'm going to ask someone from NCL, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had experience with this.

If 2 in the stateroom received it as a promo, no one else has to buy the UBP.

If 1 or more buys the UBP, all others of age must also buy/have.

Thanks so much! I'm just wondering, since it says in the details that each person with the UBP can order 2 drinks per transaction, what's stopping people from sharing the package? I don't drink much at all so I don't think I'll be doing that, but I'm just curious.

Sharing is not allowed. If noticed by the staff, the UBP can be revoked without refund of cost and without refund of 18% (for those who received it as a promo and paid 18%).

Of course, there is some sharing but people are expected to be honest. The same way that if a 15 year-old asks someone with the UBP to buy a drink for them, people are expected to adhere to the ship's rules.

Thanks so much! I'm just wondering, since it says in the details that each person with the UBP can order 2 drinks per transaction, what's stopping people from sharing the package? I don't drink much at all so I don't think I'll be doing that, but I'm just curious.
I am inferring from your initial post that there are four of you sharing one cabin, so, since you don't drink much at all, why would you not put the two biggest drinkers out of the four of you as cruisers 1 & 2 so that they get the UBP?

Well, because sharing isn't allowed and currently you are able to get 2 drinks at a time, get UBP as a perk, and aren't required to buy UBP for the others in the cabin. If the sharing becomes a problem they will make changes until they end up with carnivals program where it isn't given as a perk, 1 drink at a time, a 5 minute wait between drinks, and a max of 15 drinks a day. Don't abuse a good thing and ruin it for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

At this point, people who drink significant amounts mostly have the UBP perk, and they are giving away so many drinks that watching out for cheating may not be a high priority for them. And with the 2-drink policy, people will be handing drinks to other people all over the place, so it becomes more difficult to spot cheating.

I am not naive enough to think that people are honest, especially when they see little risk of getting caught. But keep in mind that if you are the 3rd or 4th adult in a cabin where the first two have the free UBP, and you didn't purchase the UBP, you are the #1 kind of person they are on the lookout for as a potential cheater.