Maple Syrup

teehuge

{Snipped}

With the new rules you probably won't be able to bring it onto the ship.

What new rules? I see no reason why you should not be able to take Maple Syrup onto the ship if it is in a sealed container that has not been opened.

What new rules? I see no reason why you should not be able to take Maple Syrup onto the ship if it is in a sealed container that has not been opened.

The 'No bringing consumable liquids onto the ship' rule.

No water or pop allowed. We must assume that maple syrup would be included. I feel the pain. Fake maple syrup is simply vile.

The 'No bringing consumable liquids onto the ship' rule.
It's not a rule against "consumable liquids". It's a rule against beverages, and maple syrup is not a beverage. Since July, I have carried on cough syrup, olive oil, and honey. And not always in unopened bottles, either.

Seeing as how maple syrup is clearly not a beverage, I can't see how the no beverages rule would apply; but to be on the safe side I'd bring a small container of it so worse case scenario is they pitch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, it's drinkable.

I understand not wanting to use the fake stuff. Maple syrup isn't on our packing list.

seeing how they removed the terrible lobster menu from most if not all cruise ships....yes the lobster they served was terrible......carribean lobster I believe.

Can I packaged 4 live ones from Maine..and bring them on the ship and ask the chef to cook them for me.

thanks

Well, it's drinkable.

I understand not wanting to use the fake stuff. Maple syrup isn't on our packing list.

It's not on my packing list either BUT it's not a beverage. Mouthwash is drinkable and is allowed. Maple syrup will go on the banned list the day NCL decides to offer maple syrup with an up charge.

seeing how they removed the terrible lobster menu from most if not all cruise ships....yes the lobster they served was terrible......carribean lobster I believe.

Can I packaged 4 live ones from Maine..and bring them on the ship and ask the chef to cook them for me.

thanks

I think the restaurant staff go out of their way to accommodate dietary restrictions and allergies. But this might be a bit too much. They aren't your personal chefs. Cook your lobsters at home and enjoy them there.

I think the restaurant staff go out of their way to accommodate dietary restrictions and allergies. But this might be a bit too much. They aren't your personal chefs. Cook your lobsters at home and enjoy them there.

LMAO it was 100% sarcasm