Carnival Pride Beds

We had a balcony on our first cruise, the Carnival Victory 2011, and our bed was wonderful. On the Elation 2015, not so much. My wife's side was ok, but mine felt totally shot. My steward put a duvet under the sheets, which helped. There were constantly mattresses being moved in and out of cabins, and I wasn't sure if new ones were coming in, or if they were playing mattress roulette.

For those who've sailed recently, how are the Pride's beds? We're in a balcony again, not sure if that makes any difference. Our sailing is a 14 day Journey Cruise, so I'm wondering if I should order an inexpensive egg crate. I'm not trying to be negative here, just want decent sleep. We got a great deal and a wonderful itinerary, $40 is a small price to pay if there's mixed experiences.

We had a balcony on our first cruise, the Carnival Victory 2011, and our bed was wonderful. On the Elation 2015, not so much. My wife's side was ok, but mine felt totally shot. My steward put a duvet under the sheets, which helped. There were constantly mattresses being moved in and out of cabins, and I wasn't sure if new ones were coming in, or if they were playing mattress roulette.

For those who've sailed recently, how are the Pride's beds? We're in a balcony again, not sure if that makes any difference. Our sailing is a 14 day Journey Cruise, so I'm wondering if I should order an inexpensive egg crate. I'm not trying to be negative here, just want decent sleep. We got a great deal and a wonderful itinerary, $40 is a small price to pay if there's mixed experiences.

As someone who had a terrible bed experience in a suite on HAL, I would say spend the extra bit of money just in case. A terrible sleep on vacation is an awful way to go, and the stress of worrying about it would make me crazy. I was on the Pride a handful of years ago, and it was the best sleep I've ever had (we were aft, and it was great. Like being rocked to sleep).

You can always leave it in it's packaging, and then return it if you don't end up needing it. I probably would travel with an egg crate if it didn't take up so much room in my luggage, but found usually just adding duvet's if necessary is enough for me anyway.

Can you request an egg crate? Kind of thought I read here that Carnival no longer provides them. We are going to be on Pride for 3 weeks soon, and were planning on bringing our own. Not a problem as we will be arriving by train...EM

Can you request an egg crate? Kind of thought I read here that Carnival no longer provides them. We are going to be on Pride for 3 weeks soon, and were planning on bringing our own. Not a problem as we will be arriving by train...EM

They no longer do, we will also have to bring out own.

As someone who had a terrible bed experience in a suite on HAL, I would say spend the extra bit of money just in case. A terrible sleep on vacation is an awful way to go, and the stress of worrying about it would make me crazy. I was on the Pride a handful of years ago, and it was the best sleep I've ever had (we were aft, and it was great. Like being rocked to sleep).

You can always leave it in it's packaging, and then return it if you don't end up needing it. I probably would travel with an egg crate if it didn't take up so much room in my luggage, but found usually just adding duvet's if necessary is enough for me anyway.

First off, good to know about HAL. We're planning to do a 7 day cruise tour next year in Alaska, and some hotels look better than others.

I would either buy the egg crate at Walmart, while in Tampa, or have it delivered to our hotel. We're staying 2 nights post-cruise, so you're right, we could return it if not needed.

I think bedding, like food, can be very subjective.

There is an active Pride review going on right now on the first page here, but if you go to page 3, he said he found the mattress extremely comfortable. A little firmer than what he had at home, but super comfy.

I know our last 2 cruises on the Breeze was like sleeping on a BRICK!:eek:

Hoping the Magic is like a marshmallow!!:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

My family found the bed in our balcony room 5141 this past May extremely uncomfortable and hard. The sleeper couch was more comfortable! I noticed when we were docked in Freeport that there was a large pile of mattresses just outside the ship. At the time I thought maybe some were being replaced. When I cruise again I'm definitely bringing a foam topper.

I emailed the "medical" issues requesting an egg crate for the mattress

Got a responds back within days stating one will be put on the bed

Never hurts to ask :)

Great to know! Too many surgeries make sleeping uncomfortable. I will do this as well.

• 1 month later...
I emailed the "medical" issues requesting an egg crate for the mattress

Got a responds back within days stating one will be put on the bed

Never hurts to ask :)

I emailed the medical issues requesting an egg crate right after I saw your response and got an email back a few days later stating that "Carnival" no longer provides egg crates. :mad:

BUMMER for me!