Favorite Moment of Any Cruise

Russterus

My husband and I went on our first cruise last year for our honeymoon. It was a Mediterranean 10-day that started in Athens and ended in Barcelona (we are from Chicago). This was our first time on a cruise and the first time out of the country for both of us. We flew to Athens the morning after our wedding, on very little sleep for the entire weekend. We arrived in Athens at 10AM the day before our cruise and decided we must explore because when will we ever get back here. We were absolutely exhausted, got back to our hotel and slept...until the housekeeper woke us up at noon the following day! We threw on our clothes from the day before, ran out of the hotel and jumped on the train towards the port. We came to Europe with $600 in our account, praying for our wedding checks to go through. After a two mile walk from the train to the port we were finally able to check in. We got on the ship, went to the atrium to deposit the little cash we did have, sat down and had our first fruity drink. That moment will forever be one of my favorite moments with my favorite person.

We were on cruise many years ago from Miami. As we were sailing away there were several young men standing on a outcrop of rocks . They all turned around and mooned at the whole ship, what a cheek!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My husband and I went on our first cruise last year for our honeymoon. It was a Mediterranean 10-day that started in Athens and ended in Barcelona (we are from Chicago). This was our first time on a cruise and the first time out of the country for both of us. We flew to Athens the morning after our wedding, on very little sleep for the entire weekend. We arrived in Athens at 10AM the day before our cruise and decided we must explore because when will we ever get back here. We were absolutely exhausted, got back to our hotel and slept...until the housekeeper woke us up at noon the following day! We threw on our clothes from the day before, ran out of the hotel and jumped on the train towards the port. We came to Europe with $600 in our account, praying for our wedding checks to go through. After a two mile walk from the train to the port we were finally able to check in. We got on the ship, went to the atrium to deposit the little cash we did have, sat down and had our first fruity drink. That moment will forever be one of my favorite moments with my favorite person.

Love. This.

Thanks for sharing.

-Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Getting up early and watching a crew member hoist the flag of the country where we are about to dock. This particular memory was on the Disney Magic as we entered the bay at Villefranche.

I love to watch from my balcony as we pull into port, seeing the pilot boat approach and knowing a new adventure is about to begin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app