GEM TV set

Lookingforfacts

Does anyone know, or can a cruiser with an upcoming cruise check, the model number if the TV set in GEM.

Balcony cabin if it makes a difference.

I believe the mfg us LG

I don't know why, but I get hung up on queries like this.

Being retired, I watch too much TV at home.

WE will be on the NCL Gem next month.

If me DW catches me finding the time to identify the mfg of the TV,

she will have me balls.:)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know why, but I get hung up on queries like this.

Being retired, I watch too much TV at home.

WE will be on the NCL Gem next month.

If me DW catches me finding the time to identify the mfg of the TV,

she will have me balls.:)

ShipShape - being retired also, I totally agree with all that you said.

We are also on the February 7 cruise.

If I remember from a recent GEM post (might've been by Dexddd) - LG branded TV were in the upscale suites, not 95% sure about the ordinary class ...

More importantly for us, whether we can hookup/connect our HDMI cable for playback, without changing the input source. The newer HDTV sets possibly switched back to a locking ring connection, RG-59 cable style.

Sole TV being used on the Breakaway and the side HDMI input was usable. Rgardless, if it's firmware locked - then, too bad. Back to laptop theater screen for us. http://www.soletv.com/ - institutional/hospitality branded, even Harmony universal (high-end) remote can't access its programming & codes.

If I remember from a recent GEM post (might've been by Dexddd) - LG branded TV were in the upscale suites, not 95% sure about the ordinary class ...

More importantly for us, whether we can hookup/connect our HDMI cable for playback, without changing the input source. The newer HDTV sets possibly switched back to a locking ring connection, RG-59 cable style.

Sole TV being used on the Breakaway and the side HDMI input was usable. Rgardless, if it's firmware locked - then, too bad. Back to laptop theater screen for us. http://www.soletv.com/ - institutional/hospitality branded, even Harmony universal (high-end) remote can't access its programming & codes.

I don't recall if I posted any pics - I did take some - and they were LG and I also saw them hauling a new one out (larger size) in a box when on the BTS tour. I seem to recall a Samsung or two - possibly in O'Sheehans.

I'm afraid I'm also interested in what size and type of TV is supplied, on Jade, rather than Gem. I'm assuming they are similar? The pictures on the website show smallish, non flat screen tvs ( steam driven!!?) and I'm wondering whether these will be replaced in the upcoming dry dock refurbishment? I have been rather spoilt on Celebrity with the on demand films, and a decent size flat screen tv.

I am guilty of enjoying the occasional early night in front of the box, when I'm worn out by all the excitement!

I'm afraid I'm also interested in what size and type of TV is supplied, on Jade, rather than Gem. I'm assuming they are similar? The pictures on the website show smallish, non flat screen tvs ( steam driven!!?) and I'm wondering whether these will be replaced in the upcoming dry dock refurbishment? I have been rather spoilt on Celebrity with the on demand films, and a decent size flat screen tv.

I am guilty of enjoying the occasional early night in front of the box,

when I'm worn out by all the excitement!

[/quote

I've always enjoyed BBC News on our NCL cruises.

Edited by $hip$hape

• 2 weeks later...