Family of 5 - 1 room or 2?

Nickles

Hello! I'm still in the planning phase (hoping to book tonight to catch the current sale), but we are looking to bring our family of five on a cruise on the Allure or Oasis next year. It is 2 adults and 3 kids ages 13, 10 and 2. I know there are rooms that can hold five but I'm thinking that might be a right squeeze. Am I better off getting 2 rooms and spending a bit more? Is it worth the extra $$?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a family of five ( kids 12,11,11) we have done both but prefer the family staterooms that hold 5. We don't find a single bathroom to be a problem ....just rotate through it. We love the separate bunk bed area as well. Usually save some $$ as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello! I'm still in the planning phase (hoping to book tonight to catch the current sale), but we are looking to bring our family of five on a cruise on the Allure or Oasis next year. It is 2 adults and 3 kids ages 13, 10 and 2. I know there are rooms that can hold five but I'm thinking that might be a right squeeze. Am I better off getting 2 rooms and spending a bit more? Is it worth the extra $$?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

a teenager plus 2 adults? 2 rooms. bonus if you do the balcony for the adults and the 2 yo and an inside across the hall for the older kids. or a few cabins are a balcony( even a JS) connecting to an inside

next best thing, imnsho is a pair of connect promenade cabins.

you want the two bathrooms.

I have done a family oceanview and we've had 2 connecting staterooms. We started cruising when they were 8, 6, and 4.

I've never found a family suite that fit our budget. The family oceanview and the connecting oceanview rooms cost about the same. The connecting oceanview were nice because of the extra privacy and the 2 bathrooms, but we were on Deck 2. The Family Oceanview (9500 on Liberty) was nice too. There were a few times where someone had to leave the room and use a public bathroom because my kids wait until the last minute and couldn't hold it. But, I really liked being on Deck 9 better than deck 2. It was just so much closer to everything. So, it is a trade-off of having a second bathroom vs better location.

I would definitely get connecting balcony rooms if I could. For the cruises we take, 2 balconies always puts us over-budget. But, if I could find a good deal, that is what I would do.

I have family of 5 (2 adults, 2.5 yr old and 12 yr old twins) and we booked two rooms because of extra space and extra bathroom. What we did was put my 12 yr olds in inside cabin across from our balcony cabin. They loved it. I went to guest relations and asked for another card so I have it and can always check on them. Best decision made.