Hotel near Miami cruise port?

kingrmking

Want clean, reasonably priced accomodation close to Miami cruiseport. Sluggy58 said they were having lunch onboard the ship within 1 hour of leaving their hotel. Would love to know which hotel this is, and welcome other suggestions.

Thanks!

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. I don't know what your budget is but if you can get a room that you fine reasonable it is a great place to stay. From the time we got into a taxi until the time we were sitting waiting to board it was way under an hour. It fit our budget and also met our criteria to being close to the port.

Want clean, reasonably priced accomodation close to Miami cruiseport. Sluggy58 said they were having lunch onboard the ship within 1 hour of leaving their hotel. Would love to know which hotel this is, and welcome other suggestions.

Thanks!

The hotel you stay at has no bearing on getting through security and check-in. I'm usually eating lunch 20 minutes after arriving at the port, but I don't show up until 1-1 1/2 hours before sailing.

Also, "reasonably price accommodations" is a relative term. What do you consider reasonable and what are your dates?

Thanks!

"Reasonable" is relative. Also, "clean inexpensive" (often cited by CC posters) can be a real oxymoron. Truly good hotels anywhere near the Miami port in downtown or Miami Beach during late March are currently running from $300-$600 per night. Personally, I could see $400/night as a good buy for a decent hotel in a city like New York or Rome during "high season." But, even only $300 is tough to swallow for anywhere in Swamplandia. Use the Jetsetter app (owned by Trip Advisor) to find "flash sales" to ease the bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to the boards! We typically arrive at POM about 11 with our paperwork ready and are often on the ship by noon.

Downtown Miami hotels, close to POM, popular with cruisers include the Hyatt, Doubletree, Intercontinental, several hotels in the Mary Brickell area and a couple of Marriott options.

If you are arriving late and just want a room, La Quinta East is a budget option popular with cruisers and includes both airport and port shuttles. Better hotels in a better area will be found in the Blue Lagoon area -- Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.

Edited by JohninDC

If you are willing to be surprised by the hotel, use a cite like Priceline or Hotwire. We have always had good luck with them as long as you bid for 3 stars or higher.

Our Miami Beach hotel on Collins Ave wasn't great but I knew where the unpleasant surprises would be. It was still clean, safe & cheap (< $100).

Thank you JohnInDC! This recently renovated hotel with my AAA rate will get the job done for under $130 including taxes and fees for next Sunday night, January 15th.

Thanks to all who weighed "inn"! :)

The LQ East is not near the POM, it's about 9 miles away, but they do offer a free shuttle there.