LIVE - World Cruise 2017

Emtbsam

The deck dinner is less fun now that they don't have the huge buffet and the music is way too loud to allow for conversation. I'm glad you enjoyed the galley dinner. One of ours was rained out and we were served in La Terrazza. Much more fun.

At the rear on deck 9, the nice, new running surface has not been bonded correctly.

57f42344071b8fc83af15ae309187af1.jpg

Reported to an officer as requiring attention 2 weeks ago, result nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wonders will never cease, it was fixed yesterday morning in Saigon.

Oh, oh. Hoping that the weather cools AND the air/con wins the struggle! We embark the Whisper as you get off... I think. We embark May 10. Could you let me know who is the International Hostess? Thanks!

The air con improved in the early hours.

Maria from Funchal is one of the IH's

Magali from Southern France is the other IH. Apparently the air con was affected by us drawing in water in Ho Chi Minh City and getting some unexpected plastic bags that blocked a pipe.

Today's fun ships event was to empty the pool at the hottest part of the afternoon and then repaint it. Absolute madness!

Thanks for the IH information, Silver Spectre. I knew Monea would still be in the Spirit at that time, but thought Ana from Spain could be in the Whisper. I'll be glad to meet Maria and/or Magali in our cruise.

Always looking forward to your postings, thanks.

Thanks for the IH information, Silver Spectre. I knew Monea would still be in the Spirit at that time, but thought Ana from Spain could be in the Whisper. I'll be glad to meet Maria and/or Magali in our cruise.

Always looking forward to your postings, thanks.

You are welcome. Interesting announcement from the Captain whilst at dinner tonight, apparently our starboard engine is playing up so we are on less power and will be late into Ko Samui

Interesting announcement from the Captain whilst at dinner tonight, apparently our starboard engine is playing up so we are on less power and will be late into Ko Samui
That doesn't sound good.

With that said, I can hardly wait to hear what you think of Koh Samui. We're heading there for the first time in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear poor you!

Knowing my predilection for being in or around the pool during daylight hours, I would be so mortified - shame you couldn't have nipped over the side for a cool-off. Why did they decide to repaint that afternoon?

BTW sorry to "hijack" this thread, but am I right in saying that you have stayed in the Sofitel in Montreal, and were disappointed? Would you mind saying why? We are considering staying there pre cruise for the Muse in September, sailing to FLL, and would be most grateful for any thoughts.

Enjoy your days at sea, wish we were with you, getting withdrawal symptoms having recently left the Spirit after being "Spirited" away in South America.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Oh dear poor you!

Knowing my predilection for being in or around the pool during daylight hours, I would be so mortified - shame you couldn't have nipped over the side for a cool-off. Why did they decide to repaint that afternoon?

BTW sorry to "hijack" this thread, but am I right in saying that you have stayed in the Sofitel in Montreal, and were disappointed? Would you mind saying why? We are considering staying there pre cruise for the Muse in September, sailing to FLL, and would be most grateful for any thoughts.

Enjoy your days at sea, wish we were with you, getting withdrawal symptoms having recently left the Spirit after being "Spirited" away in South America.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Our feelings about the Montreal Sofitel were partly due to it not being up to the standard of the one we stayed in when in Montevideo, the premium room had a hole in the carpet in front of the bed and the bath had a crack in it. The breakfast service was utterly chaotic.

Loved Ko Samui, shame that our stay was shortened. Had a bit of a zoo getting on the tender this morning as the tours were not separated from the other guests and we missed the first one. The local dock was decidedly unsafe and it required 4 attempts to get us docked. We had a rather flimsy 'gangplank' attached which allowed only one guest at a time to get off.

Our 'jeep' tour had no jeeps, just Toyota Hilux pickups with seats for 8 to 10 at the back, SS restricted it to 6 plus the guide so plenty of room.

Went to see the mummified monk, great sunglasses!, the monks temple, monkeys collecting coconuts, the Grandfather and Grandmother rocks, which actually look like human organs, and a stop at a fishing beach.

The guide was cute and came from Pattaya on the mainland, so a 2 1/2 hour ferry ride and then 4 hour drive to get home!

a8beb7b74297dbc158ec19a6f08223b7.jpg

We used this local boat to get back instead of the ships tender, much nicer and an awful lot safer.

b5220f1df59ee6b1c5e8275899747913.jpg