LIVE - World Cruise 2017

Emtbsam

We are now mostly packed in preparation for our disembarkation tomorrow in Bali. Since our Qatar Airways flight doesn't leave until 7 pm, we have arranged to store our luggage while we take a ship's tour in Bali.

This has been a wonderful 46 days on the World Cruise.

Thank you for taking us along. Safe travels.

We are now mostly packed in preparation for our disembarkation tomorrow in Bali. Since our Qatar Airways flight doesn't leave until 7 pm, we have arranged to store our luggage while we take a ship's tour in Bali.

This has been a wonderful 46 days on the World Cruise. We have met genuinely lovely people, and have had a winning trivia team thanks to a combination of English, Canadian and American passengers. In fact, we were cheered yesterday when we had an incorrect answer. Yes, trivia is a blood sport. We are already forming our trivia team for next year's world cruise segments!

For us, the high points were the 4x4 trip to see the seals in Wellington, the Sydney botanical gardens, the atv ride on the dunes in New Castle, the Penfolds winery tour with the Wellseasoneds, dinner with our trivia team and flashing lights at fellow passengers who had gotten off in Sydney as the ship departed.

We hope our friends still on board have a most enjoyable continuation of their trip, and we wish everyone safe travels home.

A special thanks to Captain de Stefano and his entire team for a truly memorable voyage. This was Silversea at its finest!

That's really good that they allowed you to store your bags on board before your flight departure. I had a similar situation for Athens last year and they refused and said they didn't have the facility to do so. Luckily it didn't cause any problems on our 8pm flight as we managed to get a very accommodating taxi tour who stored our luggage at his house, took as for a 90 minute tour before picking us back up 5 or 6 hours later to the airport all for a very reasonable €110 for the pair of us. (We had 4 suitcases and 2 cabin cases). The driver was a good friend to friends of ours..... I'm not sure I would have done this otherwise.

What did you think of Bali? One of my favourite places to visit. The scenery may be surpassed at other places, but the friendliness of the locals I'd be shocked if that could be beaten. Where did you visit?

Sat on the back of La Terrazza with a glass of Aussie SB (no Tiki or other NZ SB left on board) in high humidity and enjoying the view. Boarded at 12:30, simple procedure, met by Fernando who has reacquired all the weight he lost last year.

Suite was ready, internet logon easy, but still no interactive TV.

Wife has just pointed out that the Indonesian flag is an upside down version of the Polish one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have a great time Mr. Spectre! Glad you noted the jogging track. When our flight from Bali to Singapore took off yesterday, we flew right over the Whisper, and the most striking feature from the air was that intense blue track. Now sitting in our club level room at the Ritz Carlton staring out at the wonders of Singapore's Marina Bay, but already missing the lovely Whisper. keep us all posted.

Have a great time Mr. Spectre! Glad you noted the jogging track. When our flight from Bali to Singapore took off yesterday, we flew right over the Whisper, and the most striking feature from the air was that intense blue track. Now sitting in our club level room at the Ritz Carlton staring out at the wonders of Singapore's Marina Bay, but already missing the lovely Whisper. keep us all posted.

Thanks Dieter. Just slipped our moorings and we are sailing away from Celukan Bawang and Bali, on our way to Sandakan. Looking forward to a couple of days at sea, some bridge, and of course Trivia!

Enjoy it Mr Silver.

Thanks for posting the photo of the menu.

Regards to your terrifically talented spouse.

Thanks Spinnaker2, miss your company!

Sailing through the Flores Sea, 30c outside, almost flat calm. Now 4.28S 117.42E. The map channel has not been resized yet for the new TV so we lose the right hand side of the picture. Oh isn't life tough.

Very competitive Trivia yesterday, even allowing for Fernando's typical style, we still got 3 wrong and came 3rd.

Captains Welcome this evening and dinner with Fernando to look forward too.

Congratulations!! Would you like to nip across to South America and join us on the Spirit??!,

We are desperate for someone who can answer a question - it is basically left to just us two with a random answer - usually not correct, from ANO.

I know it is only a game?? BUT we are not used to losing!! The points are dwindling fast!!

Enjoy King Neptune and hope the Polywogs behave!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

PS Rio tomorrow and Carnavale!!

Mr. Silver - Sorry our paths didn't cross this time, but it is so nice to read your account of the continuation of the WC. Just our of curiosity, which trivia team are you on? Ours was a great group of people, 1/2 English, the other 1/2 from the US or Canada. We had a fair amount of success and enjoyed the competition tremendously.

Just to clarify my statement about leaving luggage on board after we debarked, it was dependent on local immigration authorities and not just on Silversea. We were very lucky that we could leave it on board, but will have to look into a better solution for next year in Singapore.

Also as an aside, we flew from Bali to Doha to Philadelphia on Qatar in business class and were very pleased with the trip. Even after 24 hours of flying time, we arrived home not jet lagged and have adjusted to EST very well. We were impressed with the level of security and scrutiny that our bags received at each opportunity. I don't really know if it makes a difference, but it was reassuring none the less.

Hope you continue to enjoy your trip.

Congratulations!! Would you like to nip across to South America and join us on the Spirit??!,

We are desperate for someone who can answer a question - it is basically left to just us two with a random answer - usually not correct, from ANO.

I know it is only a game?? BUT we are not used to losing!! The points are dwindling fast!!

Enjoy King Neptune and hope the Polywogs behave!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

PS Rio tomorrow and Carnavale!!

Thanks ME, perhaps we can help you telepathically. Hope Vicki is enjoying Trivia more now than when she started.

Excellent visit to the Orangutan sanctuary and then to see the Proboscis monkeys. Nice to see that the Malaysians still drive on the correct side of the road. The coaches were reasonably comfortable, albeit with poor rear suspension on ours, so returned well shaken.

The ship has had its temperature taken by the Philippine Immigration people on board, a quick walk through the card room with a static camera type device.

We have also just had our first, small, brat moment when the 5/6 year old 'german' came noisily into the tea service in the Panorama. The two young Colombian girls have however been impeccably behaved so far.

Perhaps someone can help me but why on earth would you bring a child of infant school age on a world cruise?

Just catching up on CC and am almost jumping up and down as I read about Master Echo's Trivia travails. How I wish I were on board to join your team!

PLEASE say hi to the Adorable Vicky from one of The Whisper sisters....hope she remembers me. I and my three girls plus a brilliant Canadian couple and a lone smart Aussie had a terrific time with her at Trivia....great fun and we were a dynamite team..maybe that's why we had such a blast!