LIVE - World Cruise 2017

Emtbsam

Loved Ko Samui. Went to see the mummified monk, great sunglasses!, the monks temple, monkeys collecting coconuts, the Grandfather and Grandmother rocks, which actually look like human organs, and a stop at a fishing beach.
Glad to hear you liked Ko Samui. We're going to be spend 4-nights there to rest and relax as a capstone to our visit to Asia.

The internet has been great up to today, and then it has been awful

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Coincidental with the new improved TV service? Perhaps the travel gods have decreed that you can have one, or the other, but not both.

Looks like this thread will be coming to its end. We are off the ship and sitting in the Dnata lounge waiting for our Emirates flight home. One of the night staff came and collected our bags and saw them through immigration and customs and out to our chauffeur drive. That's the service that we love SS for.

Thx for taking us along Mr. Silver. Hope your flight home was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thnx, flight from SIN to DXB had a broken IFE system so had to sit apart from the wife, food and service good though. DXB to LHR had a broken seat base on a completely full service, luckily the seat still reclined, food again good. First time we have had these sort of problems with Emirates.

Sorry I have been so long in posting getting into ship board life is a change from normal. Embarkation started well and after the usual checks we walked the long gangways of Singapore Cruise terminal to meet the CD Fernando and the crew who all were the model of how a cruise ship should be run even staff who did not know us smiled and said hello while are old friends both crew and guests made us feel we where home again.

The next few hours were a mixture of eating,waiting (luggage) and talking (lots of friends). Dinner was very tasty and the dinning room was busy but still quiet. Approx 130 had left and 110 boarded.

The first port was KL and we took the bus to the city but it was very slow the tours people need to experience this to understand the problems. I missed trivia and went to my suite for a shower and the butler had stocked the fridge white some of my favourites.

Overall a great start from a polished team more to follow.

Joe

Georgetown Penang

We shuttled into the centre of Georgetown and after picking up some of life's essentials hair shampoo we walked back to the port through the enclaves of little India, Chinatown. It was hot and again we where in the shower and the clothes bagged for the laundry just as soon as we returned. Tea time was good but Dinner was again good with a lovely piece of lemon sole.

It was Captqin's reception night but he was too busy and much to everyone's delight the officers all referred to Fernando as Captain. There was also a video tease for the world 2019 cruise but I have no info on it as I am not a full world guest sorry perhaps one if them might let us know.

Show tonight was totally different with a young Scottish singer Matt Cairns who encouraged everyone to join in singing songs from the Scottish and Irish past, country and finishing with a medley of Beatles songs. A number of people left but all the rest had a great time and overall it was a great success and I hope he will be welcomed back again.

Obs so far crew again are the best in the world with Oliver % German running the bar, the doors at the top of stairs on deck 8 have been replaced with sliding ones at last, More on the internet/tv later