Freedom or Breeze

VASOXFANN

We sailed the Breeze a few years ago & liked the ship. It does have more water park type things & ropes course (IIRC) than the Freedom, which we sailed last Sep 2016. The Breeze is definitely a bigger ship with more venues, but we loved the Freedom's crew, especially the dining staff. So it might be more a question of what is important to you. We booked a cove balcony on the Breeze which we loved the proximity to the water, Freedom doesn't have these type cabins.

Breeze has a couple of extra restaurants...the Italian Cuchina and the Sushi. If those matter to you, go for the Breeze. Breeze is also a bit wider, so the pool deck area seems huge, plus the ropes course, etc.

I have been on Freedom, enjoyed it. Our next time out of Galveston we will probably pick the Breeze, just because we haven't done it yet.

Freedom is a slightly larger Conquest ship. Nice but nothing special. Breeze is a change of pace for Carnival and I enjoyed it a lot, so I would go with it. Interestingly, I was also on the Dream which is similar to Breeze but didn't care for it. Whatever improvements made with the Breeze worked for me.

If price is a deciding factor also look at flights/hotels/transportation if needed. When I was looking the cruises were pretty close in price and a few weeks apart but the other stuff made one over $500 more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by horsegal

Thanks all. We're cruising with friends from Texas, and the Breeze cruise ended up working better with all of our schedules, so it looks like we'll be giving her a try.

Both ships sound great. Thanks for all of your suggestions :)

Thanks all. We're cruising with friends from Texas, and the Breeze cruise ended up working better with all of our schedules, so it looks like we'll be giving her a try.

Both ships sound great. Thanks for all of your suggestions :)

Good choice..I'm sure you will enjoy it.:)

I'll be on Breeze 2 months after you, in September. Would love to hear your thoughts when you return, since I had the same questions!

I'll be sure to post a detailed review, although I've never cruised on Freedom so I can't answer this particular question. We're excited because this will be the newest Carnival ship we've sailed on :D

If you had to choose between 2 cruises with identical itineraries, 1 week apart, which would you choose and why?

There is a $100 price difference with the Breeze cruise being more expensive. Is Br We always go with the newer ship.