Aurora refit - were bathrooms re-done?

SheWillHaveHerWay

Hi Aurora regulars, hope you can help.

Our last cruise was pre re-fit (when they took away my beloved Cafe Bordeaux :(). We are looking to book for this year and have a preferred cabin from previous cruises. However on last cruise the bathroom sink in that cabin was a disaster - the top acrylic coating was disintegrating, leaving edges around the plug hole and beyond covered with black bits and sludge. Was completely unhygenienic to fill the sink for shaving etc. Just wondered if tired bathrooms had had a facelift - which seemed more of an issue to me than changing the funnel colour!

Thanks anyone who can help!

Hi Aurora regulars, hope you can help.

Our last cruise was pre re-fit (when they took away my beloved Cafe Bordeaux :(). We are looking to book for this year and have a preferred cabin from previous cruises. However on last cruise the bathroom sink in that cabin was a disaster - the top acrylic coating was disintegrating, leaving edges around the plug hole and beyond covered with black bits and sludge. Was completely unhygenienic to fill the sink for shaving etc. Just wondered if tired bathrooms had had a facelift - which seemed more of an issue to me than changing the funnel colour!

Thanks anyone who can help!

If it were me and it was a favourite cabin..Except for the sink I would contact pando direct..Say you have stayed in that cabin before..And it is you favourite..But you are putting off booking until you know something has been done about the sink..Could they check with the ship please.. actually thinking I would email them..Ask the above..Then you have a paper trail with their reply.

We were on Aurora in September and thought the bathrooms looked better then before. They had probably had a good rub down and polish so I would have thought if they came across a really bad one they would have done something more to that one. It would be interesting to find out.

Thing is about cabins and bathrooms therein. Are they not just one giant prefabricated, bit like a portakabin unit built off site then taken by road to the construction yard where they all get loaded pushed together in a row and plumbed in to neighbours and wired up electrically to the mains.

I am thinking there is not a lot of scope for updating an actual cabin bath or shower room other than fitting new taps and other remedial renovations?

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Just off Aurora, we had an outside cabin on F deck.

The floor of the shower had had some sort of repair to it, as it was a different colour to the light pink in the rest of the bathroom - you could see where a layer of some sort of covering had been put down.

It wasn't very good though, and in parts you could see it had cracked and was coming away in a couple of areas.

We were asked by our cabin steward if it was ok for the carpet to be shampooed and the shower tray fixed while we were in port and away from the cabin. We agreed, thinking that a new layer of covering was going to be put down, only it wasn't, the floor was actually painted :eek:

It was still wet when we returned so they let us use a shower in an empty cabin nearby as there was no way we could shower that evening.

Once the paint had dried it did look better than it did before, but I don't suppose it will last very long, guess it was being done to tart it up for the world cruise!

Mossie

We were on Aurora, Oct 2015, not long after refit/refurb. Some bits of the cabin bathrooms had been replace, like people have said, WC lids etc, but walls/floor original.

They did a great job of the refit, like an almost new ship inside.