Let me see your new door decorations

Anyislandwilldo

• 2 months later...

3ef07cf5ec800e340fd1d677e48c806c.jpg

If I'm asked to remove it from the door because of the flame retardant issue so be it. Off the door and in the room.. IMHO I think it's more of the doors being damaged with the way the stuff is being hung than a fire issue. If cruisers are asked to remove the door decorations because they're not retardant, they come down and go into the cabin. Still a decoration that's not retardant and now it's inside the cabin. Doesn't change the fact, it's just in a different place. This is for our cruise next month, my BFF and myself, girls only!! We've cruised girls only every year since 2005.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

since my next cruise is for my honeymoon, I was thinking about getting a custom fathead of a picture from our wedding. i'm just worried that it wont get here in time (there is just short of a month between my wedding and the cruise)

We had a pad of paper and pens taped to the door so we could leave our families messages telling them

Where we were and stuff and let other people leave us messages. Half way thru they made us take it down [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had a pad of paper and pens taped to the door so we could leave our families messages telling them

Where we were and stuff and let other people leave us messages. Half way thru they made us take it down [emoji849]

What ship were you on?

I call bogus on this statement from the link provided above. With all the sales pitches via paper they leave with the Fun Times, such as spa specials, watch sales ,art auctions, etc, things that require you to open your wallet, those are just as flammable as the door decorations, not to mention the furniture and curtains in the stateroom. If there were to be a fire, I don't think door decorations are going to make a difference. I also highly doubt, their own decorations are fire retardant.

This policy seems extreme. Carnival is taking away something I/my family really enjoy. Why is this necessary?

These new requirements are being mandated by our operational safety experts. Decorations not made of fire retardantmaterial can pose a fire hazard. We want all of our guests who enjoy decorating their doors and staterooms to be able to continue to do so but it is imperative that guest and crew safety be given top priority. We very much appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We always take a dry eraser board (small) with us. Great for leaving messages to family/friends sharing the room.