Non-alcoholic beverage questions

Yes, another beverage question. Sorry, I read a lot of threads about the subject but I am still wondering what to choose. The wife & I are new to cruising so we are totally clueless on this.

What is offered to us on Rhapsody of the Seas on our cruise starting Jan 21st:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/new-beverage-flyer-cruise-planner.pdf

Personally I drink a lot of coffee & water, no alcohol. My wife, lots of coffee & diet coke. I prefer bottled/filtered water when traveling & really do not see me filtering it on this cruise.

Is coffee included or is the an extra charge? Can I get cups to go to take back to our room?

Do they charge for beverages like a Diet Coke? If so, how much?

How much for a bottle of water?

Should I just bite the bullet & get the Refeshement Package at YIKES $429.52 total for both of us? Holy smokes that is a lot of money for coffee & soda pop!

Or just get the soda package for the wife ($71.41) & evian water package ($46.02)? This would leave me hoping for the best on the coffee supply.

Thoughts? It all really balances on the coffee, is it included, how is it supplied, how much can I drink, can I take it back to my room, etc...

Thanks!

-joe

Coffee, milk, tea, icewater, lemonade, ice tea is included. You'll get the drinks in the Windjammer during the opening hours, at park café the whole day and furthermore on the pool deck. There are cups to take it away to your room or everywhere else. But it is just coffee and no espresso, cappuccino etc.

Beverages like Coke is charged, bottled water too. I don't know how much. For bottled water I recommend the evian water package.

If you're interested in Lattes and Mochas and Espressos then there is a charge depending on the size of drink. Royal Caribbean recently rolled out a Coffee card that covers 15 specialty coffees. I got it on my last cruise and found it to be a good deal vs. buying individually (sorry don't remember how much of a savings it was). If it's plain black coffee that you're interested in, as the previous poster mentioned - it's free and there's a lot of availability (can't remember if there is a charge if you get it through room service).

Enjoy

Thanks for your help! Rather than pack/smuggle water onboard, I am springing for the evian package. What other beverages my wife & I want, we will buy as needed.

Again, thank you very much for replying. At this point all we need to do is check-in, pack & go!

-joe

Just to be crystal clear...

If you drink brewed coffee, that's included in the cruise fare.

If you drink caffeine made from espresso, that's not included, but it is included in the Deluxe and Refreshment packages.

We like the Evian package. 12 one-liter bottles is a decent amount of water.

Yes, another beverage question. Sorry, I read a lot of threads about the subject but I am still wondering what to choose. The wife & I are new to cruising so we are totally clueless on this.

What is offered to us on Rhapsody of the Seas on our cruise starting Jan 21st:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/new-beverage-flyer-cruise-planner.pdf

Personally I drink a lot of coffee & water, no alcohol. My wife, lots of coffee & diet coke. I prefer bottled/filtered water when traveling & really do not see me filtering it on this cruise.

Is coffee included or is the an extra charge? plain black form concentrate Can I get cups to go to take back to our room? I do not remember to go cups( paper) in WJ but that doesn't mean diddly. you can choose to take anything back to your room that you want( and can carry)

Do they charge for beverages like a Diet Coke? no soda or bottled water is included int he fare. I wanna say soda r8ns about $2.50 plus goat. bottled water similar. If so, how much?

How much for a bottle of water?

Should I just bite the bullet & get the Refeshement Package at YIKES $429.52 total for both of us? Holy smokes that is a lot of money for coffee & soda pop! if you drink about 5-6 per day, you will make out better. if you only drink 1-2 per day, then you won't. keeping in mind that fancy schmancy coffee is incldued in the cost( lattes, cappuccinos, etc)

Or just get the soda package for the wife ($71.41) & evian water package ($46.02)? This would leave me hoping for the best on the coffee supply. some people consider the included coffee to be sludge, undrinkable and an affront the very concept. others find it ..drinkable in small doses. I personally think MDR coffee is better than WJ coffee. but I drink a whopping one cup a day with breakfast. so what do I know

Thoughts? It all really balances on the coffee, is it included, how is it supplied, how much can I drink, can I take it back to my room, etc...

Thanks!

-joe

you may want to try the Park Cafe Coffee before deciding whether or not to spring for a package, although IIRC it does include mocktails and fresh squeezed OJ in the morning.

If you're interested in Lattes and Mochas and Espressos then there is a charge depending on the size of drink. Royal Caribbean recently rolled out a Coffee card that covers 15 specialty coffees. I got it on my last cruise and found it to be a good deal vs. buying individually (sorry don't remember how much of a savings it was). If it's plain black coffee that you're interested in, as the previous poster mentioned - it's free and there's a lot of availability (can't remember if there is a charge if you get it through room service).

Enjoy

Do you recall how much the coffee card is

Cafe Select Package $36.58 USD as of today, copied & pasted from my cart. Still thinking about buying it.

EDIT: Does anyone know if my wife & I can share one card?

Edited by Bruinwar

Cafe Select Package $36.58 USD as of today, copied & pasted from my cart. Still thinking about buying it.

EDIT: Does anyone know if my wife & I can share one card?

The coffee card can be shared...

On our recent cruise on RC Brilliance of the Seas ... ice, water, hot coffee (regular and decaf), hot tea, iced tea, lemonade and one fruit flavored 'sugar water' type beverage are available free of charge at a few different drink stations. Water/tea/coffee are also included with your meals in the main dining room. I found the iced tea in the MDR to be extremely strong and asked the waiter to mix it half & half with water and it was fine.

I had read the 'what drinks are free' info prior to the cruise but just was not sure exactly what would be available or when/where etc. so my travel partner and I both opted for the $8.50 per day soda package ... but I definitely could have done without it. I would have been just fine with the 'freebies' and probably drank more ice water than anything else while on board. On the other hand, he drinks almost nothing but Diet Coke so the package was well worth it for him. (Side note, there was not a Diet Coke to be found on the last day ... soda is considered a 'bar beverage' and all the bars were closed, so if having a soda before debarking is important to anyone, I suggest getting a can or bottle to have in your room on the last day.)

We both had a couple of mixed drinks/frozen drinks from the bar over the course of the cruise and I had a glass of wine with dinner a few nights, but nothing that would come near making the 'alcohol' package worthwhile for us.

For some travelers the specialty coffee card might be well worthwhile ... but I was happy with (free) room service coffee every morning and then coffee from the various self-serve areas and MDR at other times of day. There was always milk/cream and sugar/sweetener available. Sometimes hot milk, half & half, and hot chocolate packets. I didn't do do it on the cruise, but at work, I occasionally mix a few spoonfuls of hot chocolate mix into a cup of 'regular' coffee for an improvised mocha.