MSC Divina Ship Tour

jimmymed3

Hey Everyone!

Not sure if I should post this on my other thread, or make a new one, so here I am.

We made a ship tour in case anyone is interested. The Divina is the prettiest ship that we have sailed on, by far. We cannot wait to see what the Seaside will be like at the end of the year!

Hope this gives you all a better understanding of the layout and gets you excited like the tour videos do for us!

Jimmy

http://www.ChubbyAndAway.com

Totally agree with you Jimmy/Amanda. Having just disembarked from Divina, I have to say, it really is a beautiful ship.

They offer a free ship tour near the end of cruise, think it was last sea day, early morning 8:45 and you sign up for it at guest services. We missed it ... we were so lazy... :p however, we'd been on other ships and paid for ship tours so the fact that they are free with MSC Divina is great. Take advantage of it if you can, it's amazing what you'll learn about cruise ships in general.

Enjoy

Totally agree with you Jimmy/Amanda. Having just disembarked from Divina, I have to say, it really is a beautiful ship.

They offer a free ship tour near the end of cruise, think it was last sea day, early morning 8:45 and you sign up for it at guest services. We missed it ... we were so lazy... :p however, we'd been on other ships and paid for ship tours so the fact that they are free with MSC Divina is great. Take advantage of it if you can, it's amazing what you'll learn about cruise ships in general.

Enjoy

We were on the Divina on the 12/6/16 10 day, Southern Caribbean cruise. On the last sea day they did offer a "behind the scenes" tour of the ship at 9am. It cost us $40 per person. We had to sign up for it at the excursion desk.

We were on the Divina on the 12/6/16 10 day, Southern Caribbean cruise. On the last sea day they did offer a "behind the scenes" tour of the ship at 9am. It cost us $40 per person. We had to sign up for it at the excursion desk.

Oh dear, we were offered the tour for free... was it b/c we had Black Card status? I don't know why but we were told "no charge" when we enquired, but, we were lazy and didn't make it in time anyway so glad it was no charge :p

Oh dear, we were offered the tour for free... was it b/c we had Black Card status? I don't know why but we were told "no charge" when we enquired, but, we were lazy and didn't make it in time anyway so glad it was no charge :p

It might have been a black card perk but this was our second time on Divina and I have yet to find anything that is free. We were silver on this cruise, we are now gold.

It might have been a black card perk but this was our second time on Divina and I have yet to find anything that is free. We were silver on this cruise, we are now gold.

It seems stange because I don't find it as a perk for BC or any of the experiences... YC maybe, but we were Fantastica so would not apply to us. I will say that it's worthwhile to do it if you can but once you've done it, you won't need to do it again for a while.

We did it on our first 2 cruises on NCL (Star & Epic) and DH loved it, after that, they stopped allowing access to the bridge or engine room due to security so we stopped booking it as it was $75 - $125 PP depending on the ship.

This is very helpful. I will be on the Davina for the first time in January and I will be a party of one, so this video helps a lot. I have had some horrendous embarkations experiences before and I am hoping as a Black card holder that the process will be expatiated. Last Jukt I was on RCL and it took 2 hours to get on board and an hour to get off. Nooooooo.

Thank you and keep having good times at sea!

Diana

This is very helpful. I will be on the Davina for the first time in January and I will be a party of one, so this video helps a lot. I have had some horrendous embarkations experiences before and I am hoping as a Black card holder that the process will be expatiated. Last Jukt I was on RCL and it took 2 hours to get on board and an hour to get off. Nooooooo.

Thank you and keep having good times at sea!

Diana

I hope you have a similar experience to ours because it was wonderful. We arrived at the port around 11:15-11:30 (not watching the clock makes it hard to be exact) and we showed our Black Card status, it was like a Zoomer after that... :p we were on the ship and grazing the Buffet within 20 minutes. The only thing that took a few minutes was registering a CC but once that was done... wow, it was great.

Getting off the ship.. same type of experience, we were in our pre booked shuttle within 15 minutes of leaving the ship.

Hope you have the same experience.

Cheers,

I hope you have a similar experience to ours because it was wonderful. We arrived at the port around 11:15-11:30 (not watching the clock makes it hard to be exact) and we showed our Black Card status, it was like a Zoomer after that... :p we were on the ship and grazing the Buffet within 20 minutes. The only thing that took a few minutes was registering a CC but once that was done... wow, it was great.

Getting off the ship.. same type of experience, we were in our pre booked shuttle within 15 minutes of leaving the ship.

Cheers,

My cruise documents tell me my boarding time is 4pm. I think I shall just ignore that and get there noonish. I can't wait to see that crystal staircase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sometimes a perk for Black Card holders arranged by the voyagers club host/hostess on an ad hoc basis.

Pete

Cheers,

We are also Voyager's Black Card members, but the only "card" I have is the email they sent us verifying our numbers. There's a picture of a card on that email. Should I print those out to present at check in? Or just give them our Voyager's member number? Please advise the best way to handle this. TIA!

We are also Voyager's Black Card members, but the only "card" I have is the email they sent us verifying our numbers. There's a picture of a card on that email. Should I print those out to present at check in? Or just give them our Voyager's member number? Please advise the best way to handle this. TIA!

Don't worry about not having the card, your numbers will do fine. Also, on the first page of your edocs your Black Card status will be indicated beside each name. Just check before printing edocs, it took them 3 tries to get ours correct :p

Since your cruise is still a ways out, this might change but I'm sure you'll keep on top of this.

Cheers,

Hey Everyone!

Not sure if I should post this on my other thread, or make a new one, so here I am.

We made a ship tour in case anyone is interested. The Divina is the prettiest ship that we have sailed on, by far. We cannot wait to see what the Seaside will be like at the end of the year!

Hope this gives you all a better understanding of the layout and gets you excited like the tour videos do for us!

Jimmy

http://www.ChubbyAndAway.com

Loved the video! Thank you for sharing!!

Your eticket will have your black card status as will the luggage labels

eticket

black%20status%202.jpg

Luggage label

black%20status.jpg

but the best is a real Black card

43d4abda-57c1-479a-9110-15cf496ebc6d.jpg

Pete

Don't worry about not having the card, your numbers will do fine. Also, on the first page of your edocs your Black Card status will be indicated beside each name. Just check before printing edocs, it took them 3 tries to get ours correct :p

Since your cruise is still a ways out, this might change but I'm sure you'll keep on top of this.

Cheers,

Thank you for this information. Since this is our first MSC cruise, I'm still figuring out all the details, and how-to do things. And yes, you're right, I will absolutely be on top of everything. After sailing primarily on RCI, with one Celebrity and one Carnival cruise, I'm so used to things being done a certain way, and I don't want to make any mistakes:cool:

Your eticket will have your black card status as will the luggage labels

eticket

black%20status%202.jpg

Luggage label

black%20status.jpg

but the best is a real Black card

43d4abda-57c1-479a-9110-15cf496ebc6d.jpg

Pete

Which mainstream lines tag holder would for the MSC luggage tags?

Thanks for taking the time to post your videos and reviews, Jimmy! I was just watching your ship tour...What time did you arrive at the port and what time did you board? It looks like you were able to avoid the crowds. Also, I've been looking for information regarding the kiosks that you use to register your credit cards...Where are they located? Were there long lines to use them?

Thanks!

Which mainstream lines tag holder would for the MSC luggage tags?

the whole luggage tag is the central portion of an A4 piece of paper and measures 11.5 ins x 2.75 in.

however you need only 1/3 of the label to have all the information needed.

that is

1) ship

2) embarkation date

3) cabin number

4) deck number

5) guest name

6) voyager's club status

7) booking number

8) the bar code

all this information can be seen on a piece of paper which measures 3 ins x 2.75 ins.

so any tag holder with a window of those dimensions will be suitable.

Pete