Is the post-partial-refurb Adventure of the Seas really that "bad?"

BHannis

I reached out to TA on Friday, unfortunately for us , great for him, he's on vacation till the end of the month. I called RCCL this morning and the rep assured me that ALL scheduled refurbs were completed and told me to contact TA, I chuckled. It's crazy that I can't find out if the cabin is there or not.

Oh well, I suppose there are more important things to worry about until he comes home. Thanks for the responses

If the cabin you booked is not available they should relocate you at no additional cost. This happened to many people who were booked in the non-completed rooms in December post-dry dock.

A few people also reported new mattresses. We were told the "stateroom revitalization" would be done during a "wet-dock" to be scheduled in late 2017 or early 2018.

I like the sound of that since we're sailing on her March '18. :D

I wouldn't be celebrating quite yet. It seems as though the new mattresses are the ones that are SOO hard.

Hopefully the ones you get will not be.

I am laying in bed on the Adventure right now. The beds are like a slab of granite. I brought along my own sleeping pad that I got on Amazon. It makes it tolerable.

Just boarded today. The ship looks great! I was just on a sailing in 7/16. Here is what I have noticed so far:

-Flow rider and new slides are fantastic! THANKS!

-10 hand washing stations as you enter the Windjammer

-2 new Freestyle Coke machines in Windjammer and 2 in Promenade.First I have heard this, thanks again.

-New golf course looks better than the last one This is the 2 story one? Any one have pictures yet?

-Huge hot tub in Gym is GONE! OH NO! I loved this hot tub!Yea, more room to watch the Arch Support sales pitch ;)

-Slashaway Bay is cute and my DD loves it.

-There has been new carpet put on the actual stairs but not on the landings.

I will post again once I see more of the ship.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to report.

I'm glad to hear the Freestyle coke machines made it on, I thought they weren't putting those on any more ships.

Have you guys used them? Any issues?

I hadn't heard that, but then again on this subject the saying, " The silence is deafening! " Liberty didn't get them after her recent re-fit. Its been hard to find any logic to which ships have them and which don't.

I hadn't heard that, but then again on this subject the saying, " The silence is deafening! " Liberty didn't get them after her recent re-fit. Its been hard to find any logic to which ships have them and which don't.

Just something I read somewhere gave me the impression, it certainly seems to be an inconsistent deployment of them. It's a shame those machines are pretty fantastic and I imagine there's a pretty good cost savings in labor time delivering soda for the soda pass crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're on the AOS again in 34 days. We were last on the AOS in 2007. Loved the ship then. We've been on many that needed an update but a pristine ship is not our priority. The personality of the ship, how it's managed and the crew make or break a cruise. Our favorite RCL ships are the Jewel and the Brilliance but the Oasis class is our second favorite. We've been on the Jewel when it needed an update but never had a bad experience with her. You tend to see better deals when the furnishings are getting long in the tooth. Regardless, since there seems to be some questions, I'll drop a report in this thread when we get off the ship in Early March.