Majesty of the Seas - Boring?!

OP, your party mix sounds similar to the trip we took in October with friends (all of us in our late 20s / early 30s). As others have mentioned here, the ship does have a good amount to offer in terms of activities--I recommend reading through the daily cruise compass and trying things you might not normally try on land. (For example: my partner and I did trivia and the love and marriage game show--two things we had yet to do on an RCCL ship before, and had a great time!)

If you're looking for the latest and greatest in cruise ship rooms and technology, unfortunately the Majesty is not it. However, that isn't a bad thing, either! We actually go cruising now because we want to disconnect from everything on land. (Even this "obnoxious millenial" loves getting away from cell phones and internet when he gets a chance!) As mentioned previously, the rooms are smaller than they are on some of the newer ships, but remember that the Majesty is now one of the oldest ships in the fleet. What I found truly memorable about the ship was the service--the crew really went above and beyond for us to make sure we had a great time.

You all are going to have a great time! If you're curious to see more about the ship, you might want to check out YouTube to find room tours from previous guests. That may help you decide what to pack/bring, and if you want to upgrade to a larger ocean view room on deck 9.

Just got off Majesty last month, and it was FAR from boring! What exactly are you looking to do onboard? There were plenty of folks in your age group onboard and they were having a ball! The pool deck stayed active the whole sailing, the bars were busy, the shows were pretty good, Karaoke in Boleros Lounge nightly was a lot of fun. Keep in mind that Majesty only does 3-4 day sailings, so there's only so much that you will get to do in a short period of time. Go with an open mind; it's what you make of your vacation that matters!

Sounds good! Thanks for your reply!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I have cruise a lot on the Majesty, it's my favorite Royal ship.

Big DITTOS on that! She was our first ship way back in the early '90's when she was new and we have been back many times. Most recently last August where we again saw our waiter from our first cruise (Eric) who has been aboard Majesty for all these years. Majesty has a lot of long term crew because she is a "happy" ship. If you need flow riders, bumper cars, or carnival rides then you might be bored. If you love to cruise, I can't imagine being bored on Majesty. The cabins are tiny though. We get by.

OP, your party mix sounds similar to the trip we took in October with friends (all of us in our late 20s / early 30s). As others have mentioned here, the ship does have a good amount to offer in terms of activities--I recommend reading through the daily cruise compass and trying things you might not normally try on land. (For example: my partner and I did trivia and the love and marriage game show--two things we had yet to do on an RCCL ship before, and had a great time!)

If you're looking for the latest and greatest in cruise ship rooms and technology, unfortunately the Majesty is not it. However, that isn't a bad thing, either! We actually go cruising now because we want to disconnect from everything on land. (Even this "obnoxious millenial" loves getting away from cell phones and internet when he gets a chance!) As mentioned previously, the rooms are smaller than they are on some of the newer ships, but remember that the Majesty is now one of the oldest ships in the fleet. What I found truly memorable about the ship was the service--the crew really went above and beyond for us to make sure we had a great time.

You all are going to have a great time! If you're curious to see more about the ship, you might want to check out YouTube to find room tours from previous guests. That may help you decide what to pack/bring, and if you want to upgrade to a larger ocean view room on deck 9.

Thanks! We'll look for some videos. I appreciate your help!

That's always good to hear!! Sailing in Majesty in February.

I have been on Majesty 4 times and I thought after the 3rd time I was done with the ship and would be bored if I went again. Well, I guess I taught myself a lesson! We took our normal spring cruise on Oasis and while it was a great cruise, I didn't get to do a couple excursions (including scuba diving) that I wanted to because of an ear infection

We have a very busy year and a stressful summer on our jobs and we decided to do a rare 2nd cruise of the year and a road trip. I got myself in the "any day on a cruise is better than a day at work mode, and had a great time.

We've been on Majesty and loved her. Another good thing about leaving from Port Canaveral is you can easily go to any of the parks in Orlando pre or post cruise and/or the Space Center nearby. So, if you can add a few days to your cruise vacation you can do some other fun things as well since they are so close. I think Orlando is less than an hour's drive from the port.

Majesty is a smaller ship, but still has a lot of the amenities and programs of the bigger ships with just fewer people.

Also... good prices.

Tom

I just booked a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas for 7/17 out of Port Canaveral for my husband and I, as well as one of our friends. We are in our late 20's/early 30's.

My husband was checking out the ship after I made the reservation and said it looked boring. How can a cruise ship be boring?! I know there's a rock climbing wall, a walking track, and pools/hot tubs, but what else is there to do during our cruise day/night (that doesn't cost extra)? We're not big drinkers.

Are there any shows on this ship? The man I spoke to when booking the trip said to make a reservation for any shows we might like, but we didn't see anything listed on the site?

Hoping I didn't make a mistake booking this cruise. It's my first time cruising as an adult and their first times ever cruising.

Thanks!

We were on Majesty last month. It was our first cruise and we had a lot of fun. We enjoyed Schooners at night, the piano player was good and took requests. We had an outside cabin and it was small but it was comfortable. We were only in the room to sleep and shower. The staff on the ship were fantastic. We had a great time and I am sure you will too.