Star 10 night Mexico & Sea of Cortes: Review, photos, ship tour, and vlogs

Sheebah

I found some of your videos on youtube a couple weeks ago. I just want to thank you for the videos and the tips. I will be on a 4 night sailing on Star in a couple months and the videos have helped me quite a bit with planning.

My pleasure. I hope you have a great cruise. Is that a repositioning or CA coastal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[emoji33] is right. I thought the bridge tour was a result of it being our first voyage as platinum. I've heard that's a thing. B

Nope, no bridge tours for Platinum. All we got when we hit Platinum was cheaper insurance and free internet minutes.

Never heard of a Bridge tour as something that's offered to Platinum.

BTW: I was surprised they allowed pictures. When we went on the Ultimate Ship Tour we weren't allowed to take pictures at all.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Nope, no bridge tours for Platinum. All we got when we hit Platinum was cheaper insurance and free internet minutes.

Never heard of a Bridge tour as something that's offered to Platinum.

BTW: I was surprised they allowed pictures. When we went on the Ultimate Ship Tour we weren't allowed to take pictures at all.

They were really firm about no video, but pics were ok. The free internet was SO nice! We didn't realize at first it was 250 minutes each person. Love that!

I just very recently discovered your YouTube channel and gotta say I love it! I've taken lots of cruises and found your content very informative. You've got me re-thinking how I pack for my trips--ie. For the first time ever, I'm bringing more than two necklaces--because I bought a jewelry roll! Game changer!

Thank you for the detailed tour of the Star Princess. I'll be boarding her in April and hope to see those Honolulu Cookies in the Vines shop still around!

Can you roughly say what the coffee prices were like, do you remeber or do you have a menu of that?

I remeber them to be extremely high on Celebrity, but as I recall Princess had very reasonable onboard fares for drinks etc - hope it was still the case. :)

Are you able to see this? It's the coffee menu with all prices - they were super fair but I bought the coffee card which was nice:

781999f09ddc27c59279d8f803554b47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/

Edited by Sheebah

I just very recently discovered your YouTube channel and gotta say I love it! I've taken lots of cruises and found your content very informative. You've got me re-thinking how I pack for my trips--ie. For the first time ever, I'm bringing more than two necklaces--because I bought a jewelry roll! Game changer!

Thank you for the detailed tour of the Star Princess. I'll be boarding her in April and hope to see those Honolulu Cookies in the Vines shop still around!

You are so welcome- I love the jewelry rolls too- they are so nice!

Are you able to see this? It's the coffee menu with all prices - they were super fair but I bought the coffee card which was nice:

Works very well, thank you! :) And yes, the coffee drinks are really fairly priced and I also consider to buy the coffee card.

We already have the Soda package including mocktails and hot chocolate, but I think 30$ are a very reasonable price for the coffee card - one of the many many things I love Princess for... :D

Edited by shipfriend_max

Works very well, thank you! :) And yes, the coffee drinks are really fairly priced and I also consider to buy the coffee card.

We already have the Soda package including mocktails and hot chocolate, but I think 30$ are a very reasonable price for the coffee card - one of the many many things I love Princess for... :D

I agree- love that you can take unused cards to your next voyage too. I order two Americanos for hubby each morning and a cappuccino for myself. Delicious!

I agree- love that you can take unused cards to your next voyage too. I order two Americanos for hubby each morning and a cappuccino for myself. Delicious!

Truly a tempting feature and I think I am going to order it.

Actually I do not purchase such packages but Princess has attractive ones at very modest prices so here it's okay for me... :)

I remember thinking Cabo would feel like our first "real" port because in my mind San Diego was just another stop (and it is my hometown), but I was wrong! we loved our port stop in San Diego and visiting the USS Midway and *loved* the rest and relaxation the following sea day brought. But, we were really excited to be in Mexico and planned to do our usual routine in Cabo, which was to catch a water taxi to Medano beach and relax and swim in the waves until we were tired, then take the water taxi back and return to the ship by tender.

ddbcfaab56aca764c33c5aab4f9d5c28.jpg

We had priority tendering to getoff the ship, so the process was pretty smooth.

It was a little bit of a rocky tendering process that day, which you can see in vlog. We went to our normal haunt on medano beach called Billygams, a beachfront casual restaurant and bar sandwiched between some of the more popular restaurants and bars like the office and mango deck.

5a69479dba504682c8065fca6981b9e7.jpg40a7ee4caf42b2927fa62c603bacfc04.jpg

We ordered our normal choice of nachos, sodas and beers and sat a few rows back - behind the area where vendors are pretty aggressive and took turns swimming with our son.

More coming soon!

0c90a3abbafc96c91ea61b6eabd61c7f.jpge23d9d438cb5e9ada7989d3c1b94a9fb.jpg790e5cd8bb12e33b3b3ede1d973e1196.jpg

Our next port following Cabo San Lucas was La Paz, a few hundred miles up the sea of Cortez (or maybe a little less). We were very excited to return to as we have been there many years before when our ship was diverted due to bad weather and a storm in the lower Mexican Riviera area. We had limited time to explore the area on our first cruise so we had vowed to make the most of it on this journey. Before I start to share pictures and talk more about our experience in the pause here is our blog from the previous day in Cabo:

In researching our port activities we came across a company called red travel Mexico. They give us a really good deal on a private tour and we planned to go to Isla espiritu Santo, A UNESCO world heritage site however when we arrived in the morning and met the captain and hostess they told us that it was too windy and that we needed to change our plans. They suggested that we go swim with whale sharks, what!!! This was something my husband and I had discussed before I decided not to do because we were terrified but we went along with it and ended up having the time of our lives which you'll see more of in the vlog. Here are a few photos from our memorable and wonderful day LaPaz. All of these Photos were taken to Balandra Bay, later in the day after we had snorkeled with the whale sharks. The captain made a beautiful ceviche lunch and spoiled us on a pristine white beach with no other humans in sight. The bay is large and there are several beaches, some of which can be accessed by car or bus.

dd67f9ab08f85474b659d06079f30755.jpgea73e3ed2402d7af038f7769f641ab58.jpg87b0a3e756e863b1d546ffb3fa0c0c01.jpg

1fd656296daa2bb5562f04e510501f53.jpg135779930c6f39a9f2d271dae347c7e1.jpg7b2fba78d5721a720a0945640eb22cbf.jpg

More to come soon!

Edited by Sheebah

I remember thinking Cabo would feel like our first "real" port because in my mind San Diego was just another stop (and it is my hometown), but I was wrong! we loved our port stop in San Diego and visiting the USS Midway and *loved* the rest and relaxation the following sea day brought. But, we were really excited to be in Mexico and planned to do our usual routine in Cabo, which was to catch a water taxi to Medano beach and relax and swim in the waves until we were tired, then take the water taxi back and return to the ship by tender.

ddbcfaab56aca764c33c5aab4f9d5c28.jpg

We had priority tendering to getoff the ship, so the process was pretty smooth.

It was a little bit of a rocky tendering process that day, which you can see in vlog. We went to our normal haunt on medano beach called Billygams, a beachfront casual restaurant and bar sandwiched between some of the more popular restaurants and bars like the office and mango deck.

5a69479dba504682c8065fca6981b9e7.jpg40a7ee4caf42b2927fa62c603bacfc04.jpg

We ordered our normal choice of nachos, sodas and beers and sat a few rows back - behind the area where vendors are pretty aggressive and took turns swimming with our son.

More coming soon!

Loving the review and we love Medano beach. We love cruising there as well as vacationing in Cabo.

We might need to check out your spot next time. We always go to Mangos, which has been a little "adult" when we are with the kids on one or two times when other ships have been in port. :)

Loving the review and we love Medano beach. We love cruising there as well as vacationing in Cabo.

We might need to check out your spot next time. We always go to Mangos, which has been a little "adult" when we are with the kids on one or two times when other ships have been in port. :)

Agreed! Mango deck wet tshirt contests aren't really my thing Lol!

Billygans is pretty nice just a tad hard to dim until they replace their sign.

Agreed! Mango deck wet tshirt contests aren't really my thing Lol!

Billygans is pretty nice just a tad hard to dim until they replace their sign.

Agreed!! However the craziness of the crowd depends on the patrons and if it's only a Princess ship in port then we are fine. It's been fine most times but those 2 times we had to leave

I'll try Billygans next time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a sister who is somewhat handicapped, is there an easy way to get in the hot tub or the pool w/o a steep ladder, what about the hot tubs? She has a nerve problem, so her legs shake and are weak, so she has to use her arms to mostly pull herself up

I have a sister who is somewhat handicapped, is there an easy way to get in the hot tub or the pool w/o a steep ladder, what about the hot tubs? She has a nerve problem, so her legs shake and are weak, so she has to use her arms to mostly pull herself up

I'm not aware of any other ways but you may want to ask in the princess forums in general as perhaps someone has experience with the crew providing added equipment or assistance on request.