Star 10 night Mexico & Sea of Cortes: Review, photos, ship tour, and vlogs

Sheebah

Hey everyone,

Here is a link to the menus from most nights onboard:

http://www.cruisetipstv.com/star-princess-menus-download/

And our video/slideshow of all 10 nights of dinner in the MDR. Enjoy!

Ok, I have a technical kind of question. To archive those MDR menus, did you use a scanner app on your phone or did you acquire paper copies and scan them at home? I was hoping to figure out the best way to do this so I could archive the menus from our next cruise.

Ok, I have a technical kind of question. To archive those MDR menus, did you use a scanner app on your phone or did you acquire paper copies and scan them at home? I was hoping to figure out the best way to do this so I could archive the menus from our next cruise.

My husband uses turboscan on his iphone. We also photograph them as backup. Hope you have a great cruise.

My husband uses turboscan on his iphone. We also photograph them as backup. Hope you have a great cruise.

l did a search & found some choices. TurboScan Pro for $4.99, Turboscan free both by Pinksoft Inc. & TurboScan by Appxy also free. Do you know which one he has & I wonder the advantages of the Pro version.

Tom😀

l did a search & found some choices. TurboScan Pro for $4.99, Turboscan free both by Pinksoft Inc. & TurboScan by Appxy also free. Do you know which one he has & I wonder the advantages of the Pro version.

Tom

Looks like he uses Pro. I'll ask him about those differences.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so very much for your fantastic postings! My wife and I are seriously considering a Hawaii cruise on the Star in March 2018.

Based on your wonderful videos, it looks like she's in great condition. We sailed on her to Alaska many years ago and we'd love to sail on her again.

Happy future cruising!

--Lyle

Thank you so very much for your fantastic postings! My wife and I are seriously considering a Hawaii cruise on the Star in March 2018.

Based on your wonderful videos, it looks like she's in great condition. We sailed on her to Alaska many years ago and we'd love to sail on her again.

Happy future cruising!

--Lyle

Definitely Lyle- I have more to write here and will continue soon. The staff and crew on this ship are top notch. I recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following our wonderful day in Loreto, we had a sea day before we went to Puerto Vallarta, where we had aplanned excursion.

Plans were mellow and loose as we needed some R&R after two sun filled port days. We were invited to a bridge tour for the first time in over 25 cruises and could not contain our excitement. Our son was well behaved and even got to wear the captains hat for photos.

Captain Stefano Rivera spent a lot of time explaining bridge operations to us, shipboard security, and just some generally interesting facts about the vessel and the reporting structure on board.

fb100b563c47d4a1bff7bf40b56e7172.jpg

b39af9f9d16df5fcc98b9fa5d73bfc7d.jpg

9fb6d6773e10b4d0cb0330a17e089916.jpg

618268ed535baec269b9f863c353a215.jpg

7025cea41c554ca20ab656a00440b589.jpg

9697a3e320a3b60a9009cbdb62ef0255.jpg

The temperature on the bridge was very warm because of the way the sun hit the all-glass enclosed area. It was cool to look out over the horizon and also to see the crew areas, including the pool below us. The captain explained all of the different shifts required by the officers and trainees in order to cover the bridge 24 hours per day. It was also fascinating to learn about the captain's ultimate responsibility for everything that happens on board the ship.

e2e4effe65b888ae89ce3ca0e420afae.jpg

The staff was constantly monitoring the video monitors that were set up to observe both sides of the entire ship.

282565b59fe1415fd0eabd65fc4363cc.jpg

15384165bb4c87fcfec17ad378bd1154.jpg

c55e063e0d7f1cd4a281a136006cadac.jpg

Here's our day 7 vlog to correspond with the CD and bridge tour before the next port, Puerto Vallarta.

I went back to winetasting and it was a very scaled-back version of the one that was offered on the first Sea day. Granted, it cost a lot less as well, but you could really see the the difference in quality of the wine and the appetizers- it was a bit on par with something more in the $10 range

7a24215341a700ca5b310f06a754785a.jpg

5075ddd26c3215c4283750e0b29b752d.jpg

For dinner, medallions of beef and shrimp- with horseradish by request, Yasss!

8aee00c29f569c2854681e4a4d475bb7.jpg

And some pad Thai that was just "meh":

14eda3ccc838905277f0270aeb1a5146.jpg