Dietary needs and specialty restaurants

day440

If you have certain dietary needs (no dairy), will the specialty restaurants accommodate those? The MDR does an excellent job. I didn't know if you could send that type of information when you make reservations or not.

Most of the food in the Crown Grill doesn't have any dairy in it.

Steak

Potato

Salad

several soups

Fish

Ask if it has a dairy based sauce (the fish I had on my last cruise had a sauce, could have had milk in it) and tell them to leave it off.

I think there was creamed spinach...just don't order it.;)

If you have certain dietary needs (no dairy), will the specialty restaurants accommodate those? The MDR does an excellent job. I didn't know if you could send that type of information when you make reservations or not.

Yes.

I just tell the Head waiter of my special dietary needs. No problem, and always accommodating..

Happy cruising in 2017, and God willing, beyond.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

+1 to asking the questions you need answered. If you have never spoken to the Maitre D' or Restaurant Manager or Head Chef you will be surprised with their intimate knowledge of the meals available all over the ship. These guys are at the top of the tree and I have often come away with a greater respect (if possible) for the professionalism of these people. And they always welcome any questions, criticisms or praise - most importantly they are there to make sure YOU enjoy your cruise.

I recommend you make it a 'personal requirement' that you seek out the Maitre D very shortly after boarding (in fact ask where you can find him) to sort out your dining requirements. THEN go to your stateroom, lets face it a bed is a bed, a room is a room, but each meal is an event that can cause you serious health concerns.

Once you have that sorted out - you can go and get that extra pillow for the bed :D

Have a great cruise :)

Just as with the MDR, ask to see the Head Waiter when you arrive. He will help select a meal that will not be a problem

Go to the specialty restaurant to do this the day before you will be eating there.

It is easier to deal with special dietary issues when they know about it in advance.

Thanks everyone! The Maitre D' in the MDR has always been very helpful. He and my son came up with some really tasty meals on our last cruise! We will definitely seek out the Maitre D' at the Crown Grill when we get settled after boarding.

This is what I consider to be one of the best features of the new Medallion Class cruises. All dietary restrictions can be entered into your personal information and will be immediately available to all dining venues and the staff that work there. All chefs and servers should know what your restrictions are at a glance.