Club class dining

OzKruser

I think we would love to try CC, but we usually travel with other family who would never pay for it, so we couldn't use the dining benefits. The other issue is that we prefer the mini's on 8 that are covered. Have had the uncovered balcony once, not again. I do agree that I think there will be plenty of peeps that will pay for the CC mini's and that it is here to stay.

Does anyone know if they give "head of the line" status to CC diners in ATD if the CC section fills up? Or is the CC section always large enough? I'm thinking along the lines of what happens if a large group (family reunion or whatever) of CC passengers decide to descend on the CC dining area at once? I've seen groups of 50 or more travel together and take over buffet areas, etc.

I doubt you will see many groups of 50 or more all in CC. I will be traveling with a group of eight in CC this fall, but I doubt you'll find many groups much larger than that all in CC.

I doubt you will see many groups of 50 or more all in CC. I will be traveling with a group of eight in CC this fall, but I doubt you'll find many groups much larger than that all in CC.

Your table for 8 will be available at any time you choose to dine.

This is long overdue from Princess. Thanks Princess for this feature.

Happy Cruising

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the information.

We stayed in the now Club Class cabin two years ago, now they want to charge more and get nothing to make up the money difference!

I think that club class is a rip off!

I will be on Star Vancouver - Hawaii - Vancouver, 15 days April 21. I looked at the price difference vs. our current Mini-Suite it is $820. For that I can eat half the nights in the Crown Grill.

Jim Erbele

We were in Club Class on the Emerald Princess in January and loved it. We like to eat at around 7pm each night and we found that we could always get a seat in the Club Class dining room. We were so enamoured with it that when I went to book our trip to Japan next year on the Diamond Princess I decided that even though it was going to cost us over $2000p.p. extra, it would be worth doing it.

As I was doing the booking on line, I came across the dining issue which was asking what time would we prefer. There wasn't any Anytime dining offered at all. I decided to leave the booking and I phoned Princess to find out why we couldn't choose anytime dining.

Apparently in Japan on the Diamond, there are only two seatings and they are for traditional only because the Japanese like to be regulated. Therefore, it is not worth paying out the money for a Club Class Mini when the great advantage of that Class is to be able to go to dinner at anytime you desire.

As we are Elite, other than receiving a half bottle of red and white wine, there is no advantage in being in a Club Class Mini if you cannot have Anytime dining. The main dining room is fine for Traditional and other than the one extra course that is offered each night plus being received warmly by the Head Waiter each morning and night plus being recognized by the wait staff, paying out over $4000 just to say I have a Club Class mini, to us it just isn't worth the money.

In fact, we ended up choosing a mini a bit further to the Aft and ended up saving another $1000 p.p. Of course if we are offered an upsell to a suite, we would definitely consider it as that is something special. We took it last time we went to Japan and it was wonderful. :D

Jennie

Hi Jennie...you have been so helpful by relaying your experiences as one of the trailblazers of Club Class Dining. I'll be sure to report back after our March 26th Regal sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

We absolutely will not sail in anything but CC on future Princess cruises. The service was outstanding. Our one breakfast using the buffet was just awful. Lost my hubby as we went in separate directions, carrying around a plate, a loud frantic atmosphere, and dancing around folks going every which way does not make for a calm breakfast. We actually found that breakfast in CC was so prompt that it took about the same time as the buffet. Dinners in CC were delightful. Our wonderful waiter, Abel, mentioned that he was happy to have the time to really get to know his passengers. We so enjoyed his service at the embarkation lunch that we requested his table every time.

We absolutely will not sail in anything but CC on future Princess cruises. The service was outstanding. Our one breakfast using the buffet was just awful. Lost my hubby as we went in separate directions, carrying around a plate, a loud frantic atmosphere, and dancing around folks going every which way does not make for a calm breakfast. We actually found that breakfast in CC was so prompt that it took about the same time as the buffet. Dinners in CC were delightful. Our wonderful waiter, Abel, mentioned that he was happy to have the time to really get to know his passengers. We so enjoyed his service at the embarkation lunch that we requested his table every time.

That's what occurs when you get up at 9 AM for breakfast at the buffet.

Normal hours are more civilized. :)