Room Service on Embarkation Day?

Tom O.

We will be going on a HAL cruise next week. It has been several years since we last cruised HAL - we have been cruising on Princess a lot recently.

We are going to try, for the first time, having a complete MDR dinner delivered to our room via Room Service.

Is this possible on the first day? I was thinking the room service people might be busy helping with the luggage.

If this room service thing works out, we may have several dinners delivered over our cruise.

Never tried it on embarkation day but we did it twice on our last Holland cruise on other nights. It worked quite well.

Hint: You do not have to order the complete meal at one time. For example, ordering ice cream as dessert won't work well if ordered with the entire meal. You can order your meal in segments, order the ice cream after you finish the main entree. (You will need to tip the server twice.)

Thanks for the replies, I will give it a try and see what happens. We have Open Dining, and I thought it would be better than dealing with all the confusion in the MDR on the first night.

I will report what happens when I do my review.