Yet another albeit a new upgrade question

jcann4444

With no more upsell department for the Getaway upgrades you must now use the auction style bidding process. If you upgrade from an inside to a balcony and it is accepted, can you then try to upgrade from a balcony to a Haven. Has anyone tried or had success with this option. I know in the past you could go inside to Haven with the upsell department directly.

Thanks.

As I understood things when I read their policy, if an upsell is offered you have the option/ability to bid on a 2 category upgrade. An example as I see things would be an inside would be able to bid as high as a balcony, outside/ocean view to mini suite and so on.

Still hoping an email invite arrives for my upcoming cruise. I would at least like to make an offer for an upgrade.

I'm guessing that no one who has made a two category upgrade from inside to balcony was then sent another upgrade email for Haven. From what we are reading here on CC, most of the upgrade bids are accepted about a week prior to sailing date.

Now if someone over-bid (:eek:) for an upgrade, it would seem NCL might accept that much sooner before you had a chance to withdraw. Perhaps then they would have time to possibly send you another 'invitation to bid'.