Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

Fantastic to see you've got a new review up . Seems like a long time since Helene and I met you guys on the Pride .

You finally cruised another cruiseline . Can't wait to read your NCL impressions .

Thank you, yes I will be comparing the two ships, Tracy and I had similar and different opinions on the two ships, anyway everyone has a different perspective on things.

My thought on the kids was we were looking forward to being on our own, not having to check on them, not having to wait for them to get ready, Arielle is terrible at getting ready on time, even when you tell her she needs to be ready 30 minutes before the actual time while Mitchel had to be convinced to spent time with the family.

It is easier the younger they are, teenagers are a handful. They are not teens anymore but they are still difficult at times. I'm looking forward to the day when they have kids and then we could introduce the grandkids to cruising. They can tag along too. :D

Don't rush it . :D BTW , my DD moved to Ottawa . Great place . Edited by richstowe

The sport bar is called the Skybox

Cruising%202016%20175_zpsedgqnbk6.jpg

Cruising%202016%20176_zpsmhpdtyjo.jpg

Cruising%202016%20178_zpspvilkizw.jpg

Cruising%202016%20179_zpssggv3mcl.jpg

Really Great review ! Loving the pictures, Thank You!

Can you tell me what that table with the screens in it is?

I will be on the Vista in July and can't Wait.

Thanks again!

One last area of the ship I found interesting was the stair murals. I didn't get all of them but anyway here's a few.

Cruising%202016%201384_zpspwxzadqf.jpg

Cruising%202016%201383_zpsgjbymalq.jpg

Cruising%202016%201382_zpswjiyy2kw.jpg

Cruising%202016%201381_zpsxdehsvtk.jpg

Cruising%202016%201380_zpsl1ntqhmq.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

Following along. We were on the repo with you and I'll be back on Vista again next week. I can't wait for your comparison because we've been nervous to try someone else.

Thanks Mistyhon, lucky you, back to cruising so soon. :D

Fantastic to see you've got a new review up . Seems like a long time since Helene and I met you guys on the Pride .

You finally cruised another cruiseline . Can't wait to read your NCL impressions .

Don't rush it . :D BTW , my DD moved to Ottawa . Great place .

Hi Richard, nice to hear from you. Hope all is well. Yes now that its just the two of us we are going to try new cruise lines and itineraries.

Really Great review ! Loving the pictures, Thank You!

Can you tell me what that table with the screens in it is?

I will be on the Vista in July and can't Wait.

Thanks again!

Thanks, I believe you can get controllers and play sport video game on them.

We just booked a cruise on the Vista for October 2018 in one of the Havana Cabana balconies. Thank you so much for the great pictures of them! After seeing your pictures we are even more excited to stay in one.

Your welcome. :)

Tracy started off each day with a visit to the spa and a workout, I was unable to do weight training due to a shoulder injury but almost every day of the cruise I ran 2 miles around the track, then did 10 minutes of incline running on the treadmill and finished my workout with running up and down the stairs X 2, starting at deck 0 up to deck 15. We also walked the stairs throughout the day, every day, unless Tracy was in high heels. I like to think it helped keep the weight down to some extent.

At lunch we went to the Pig & Anchor situated on Deck 5’s outside Promenade. It’s only open on sea days. Even though it was the first day it was open, it was busy. Having a lot of Platinum and Diamonds cruisers on this repositioning cruise meant that a lot of people already knew of its existence.

Cruising%202016%20199_zpssxgldd1s.jpg

Cruising%202016%20201_zps7lnoly7a.jpg

Cruising%202016%20203_zpsmmlseosp.jpg

Cruising%202016%20202_zpsex5ccbne.jpg

Afterwards Tracy and I went up to the Sport Square. We played Mini Golf and tried the Sky Ride. I do not have any photos of our bike ride since we were not allowed to bring a camera. We went again later on in the cruise and have photos that were taken by Ashley. It was a lot of fun. I started on the outside but halfway through the bikes switch positions and Tracy was on the outside and it scared her a bit because you are practically over the water.

Cruising%202016%20214_zpsyh6iwo9k.jpg

Cruising%202016%20215_zpsovlaqicz.jpg

Cruising%202016%20216_zpske3xkimn.jpg

Cruising%202016%20217_zps0v8hk8mj.jpg

Cruising%202016%20218_zpsthopmizu.jpg

Cruising%202016%20219_zpsir6wgrfg.jpg

Just one day south of New York and the temperature is in the low 70s. Hence we laid in the sun for a while and when I would get bored I would take my camera and check out what was going on

Cruising%202016%20213_zpsh94imhg5.jpg

The Master Mixologist Competition with cruise director Matt Mitcham

Cruising%202016%20227_zpskp9hxbf6.jpg

Cruising%202016%20228_zpsotie3ab2.jpg

Cruising%202016%20229_zps9ltqawwf.jpg

Cruising%202016%20230_zps5wqfyjlz.jpg