Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

The chef’s table has become so popular that the ship had a chef’s table almost every night. The cruise critic group had three of those nights reserved. However we were a bit late joining the group and were put on a waiting list, I also contacted Carnival Cruise a couple of months before the cruise and they were sold out. When we got onboard we put our names on the ship waiting list. Well we finally got a notification that there was an opening on the last night and we took it. We have done the chef’s table on Imagination in 2010 and Breeze in 2013. We usually return when the menu changes. The price has gone up from $75 to $95 per person.

We met in the Atrium at about 6:30 p.m. and proceeded to the galley where there is a special room dedicated to the Chef’s table. The multiple course meal includes wine and champagne and we do not recommend it for fussy eaters.

Cruising%202016%201821_zpslmy6qfan.jpg

Pre-dinner hors d’oeuvre

Cruising%202016%201822_zpstimbnydg.jpg

Cruising%202016%201823_zps9gmx4zr0.jpg

Cruising%202016%201824_zpsquzajway.jpg

Cruising%202016%201825_zpsoqumxrto.jpg

Cruising%202016%201826_zpsygc25xkt.jpg

Hey Mike, have been wondering when you and Tracy were going to sail away on another adventure and have been looking for you. Just happened to see your review yesterday afternoon and I parked myself down and read thru the whole thing! Have enjoyed ALL your reviews, seeing your kids grow up and all the awesome outfits Tracy and Arielle put together. :cool: I am sure you do not remember, but I had mentioned in one of your lst reviews that my mom's dad comes from Canada and my mom's family still has a camp in tiny Buckingham, Quebec on teeny tiny Lac Long. Have TONS of friends in Toronto and Ottawa! We live about 20 minutes from George Washington Bridge into Manhattan and spend lots of time in the city and enjoyed your pre cruise pictures. I asked it before, and I'm going to ask again: I don't know how you and Tracy gobble down so much food and stay so slim and fit! :eek:You both look wonderful and not a day over 20 years younger than you are! :D Looking forward to your pictures of the Getaway. We do not sway from CCL, but I have to admit I'm a bit tempted since CCL pulled out of NY for winter and spring months which is when we like to cruise. Now we just drive to Baltimore, but we sure were spoiled by cruising from Manhattan. IF you remember your tour operator in St. Martin, please let me know. We did an excursion with Bernard last year, but looking for someone different when we go next January. Only our 2nd time there. SORRY such a LONG reply. Thanks for taking us on another of your cruises! ;);)

They say you must wear closed toed shoes but they do not seem to enforce it,

I have heard about this rule for the Behind the Fun tour. I wonder if it's because you are climbing stairs. We did a tour of the galley as part of our luncheon with Captain and officers last year when we turned Diamond and nothing was said about closed toe shoes. Just FWIW! :p

Hey Mike, have been wondering when you and Tracy were going to sail away on another adventure and have been looking for you. Just happened to see your review yesterday afternoon and I parked myself down and read thru the whole thing! Have enjoyed ALL your reviews, seeing your kids grow up and all the awesome outfits Tracy and Arielle put together. :cool: I am sure you do not remember, but I had mentioned in one of your lst reviews that my mom's dad comes from Canada and my mom's family still has a camp in tiny Buckingham, Quebec on teeny tiny Lac Long. Have TONS of friends in Toronto and Ottawa! We live about 20 minutes from George Washington Bridge into Manhattan and spend lots of time in the city and enjoyed your pre cruise pictures. I asked it before, and I'm going to ask again: I don't know how you and Tracy gobble down so much food and stay so slim and fit! :eek:You both look wonderful and not a day over 20 years younger than you are! :D Looking forward to your pictures of the Getaway. We do not sway from CCL, but I have to admit I'm a bit tempted since CCL pulled out of NY for winter and spring months which is when we like to cruise. Now we just drive to Baltimore, but we sure were spoiled by cruising from Manhattan. IF you remember your tour operator in St. Martin, please let me know. We did an excursion with Bernard last year, but looking for someone different when we go next January. Only our 2nd time there. SORRY such a LONG reply. Thanks for taking us on another of your cruises! ;);)

I understand that you are loyal to CCL, but I happen to know that NCL sails out of NYC in the winter and spring. I have a friend currently on the NCL Gem that left last Tuesday out of NYC for a 10 day cruise into the Caribbean. Check it out. I cruised several Carnival ships, also, and loved them, but I'm not afraid to try other lines, if the price, ship, and itinerary are right. We sailed the NCL Getaway in January and fell in love with NCL. Try it. You might like it! 😊

I understand that you are loyal to CCL, but I happen to know that NCL sails out of NYC in the winter and spring. I have a friend currently on the NCL Gem that left last Tuesday out of NYC for a 10 day cruise into the Caribbean. Check it out. I cruised several Carnival ships, also, and loved them, but I'm not afraid to try other lines, if the price, ship, and itinerary are right. We sailed the NCL Getaway in January and fell in love with NCL. Try it. You might like it! 😊

I agree! DH is the holdout! Since we are Diamond and get so many "perks" with CCL, but there are tons of perks with other cruise lines too. We are fortunate that we have Baltimore for the winter months when we like to cruise. It's just short of a 4 hour drive. We had tried NCL once years ago and were not impressed, but I know that there are a lot of changes since then. Also like RCI which sails from Bayonne in the spring, but again, DH won't hear about it. :(:(

I agree! DH is the holdout! Since we are Diamond and get so many "perks" with CCL, but there are tons of perks with other cruise lines too. We are fortunate that we have Baltimore for the winter months when we like to cruise. It's just short of a 4 hour drive. We had tried NCL once years ago and were not impressed, but I know that there are a lot of changes since then. Also like RCI which sails from Bayonne in the spring, but again, DH won't hear about it. :(:(

Lol! I hear you! The hubbys can be difficult at times, but let me tell you how much we were impressed with NCL Getaway. We have a reward card that I earn rewards toward a Carnival cruise, so we were planning on booking a Carnival ship for 2018 because I would have enough for one full free fare, but rebooked with NCL on the Getaway again for 2018 to share the ship with family. There is always 2019---lol! To top it off, we get the Ultimate Beverage Package as our free perk! Can't beat that! That is almost worth a free fare on Carnival! And Freestyle Cruising is the best!!

Lol! I hear you! The hubbys can be difficult at times, but let me tell you how much we were impressed with NCL Getaway. We have a reward card that I earn rewards toward a Carnival cruise, so we were planning on booking a Carnival ship for 2018 because I would have enough for one full free fare, but rebooked with NCL on the Getaway again for 2018 to share the ship with family. There is always 2019---lol! To top it off, we get the Ultimate Beverage Package as our free perk! Can't beat that! That is almost worth a free fare on Carnival! And Freestyle Cruising is the best!!

The free ultimate beverage package did it! I am going to research this for sure! When I get all my facts I will present it to DH! ;) Man, it would be a culture shock to walk into a cabin on a cruise ship and not see an orange couch! :eek::eek:

Hi Crusin Karen, nice to hear from you again, I certainty remember you and I remember you mentioning your ties to Canada. As to staying slim we certainly do not eat like that back home. I think I put on about 5-6 pounds over our 18 days on the sea despite working out almost every day. As to our St. Maarten tour I did ask once who they were but I've forgotten their tour name. Maybe someone reading this who was on the tour could give you their name.