Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

Can't wait to see if you liked the Getaway! We now "wander" between CCL and NCL, and actually love the entertainment and dining differences on NCL- never thought we would. GA was a great ship on which to start your first NCL cruise.

We checked in at 11:00 a.m. and were onboard at 11:50. Unlike Carnival we were not allowed cans of soda in our carry-on and we had to pay a corkage fee of $15 for each bottle of wine we brought onboard. Also pre-purchased bottles of water on Norwegian is expensive ($5.50 per litre) so we brought our own filtered water bottles that we filled up every day. As mentioned earlier my photo time stamp is the wrong year and is ahead by one hour.

I will be making some comparisons between the two cruise lines throughout the review with a more detailed comparison at the end of the review. .

Looking forward to your thoughts on the 2 lines . Certainly the differences between the drink policy is a big plus for Carnival . NCL banned carry on soda/water two weeks before our summer cruise . Was not happy . :mad: The cruise was good though .

Thanks so much for this review. I havent been on CC as much as I once was back in the day. I stubled on and was happy to see your review. I often wonder if you made it back to cruising. Happy I'm finally caught up as its taken me a long time to get here. Cant wait for the rest!

After taking a year off from cruising and going to Destin last year, I decided that I have the cruising bug again, and decided to hop on here to see what's going on. Imagine my surprise when one of the first posts I see is from Mike. That certainly wasted most of my work day. Outstanding, as always.

Now onto research this summer's cruise......with or without the kids......hmmmmm..........

Thanks so much for this review. I havent been on CC as much as I once was back in the day. I stubled on and was happy to see your review. I often wonder if you made it back to cruising. Happy I'm finally caught up as its taken me a long time to get here. Cant wait for the rest!

Thank you, glad you like it.

After taking a year off from cruising and going to Destin last year, I decided that I have the cruising bug again, and decided to hop on here to see what's going on. Imagine my surprise when one of the first posts I see is from Mike. That certainly wasted most of my work day. Outstanding, as always.

Now onto research this summer's cruise......with or without the kids......hmmmmm..........

Thank you so much. :):)

I will be making some comparisons between the two cruise lines throughout the review with a more detailed comparison at the end of the review.

Looking forward to this as we were on this exact same Getaway sailing . We used to cruise with Carnival but not so much now. It will be interesting to see how your views stand with ours.

Our cabin wasn’t ready until 1:30 p.m.

The hallway appeared narrower than the ones on Carnival however something I did like was they had little fishies in the carpet all swimming towards the front of the ship and therefore no matter where you were on a cabin deck you knew which way was forward.

Cruising%202016%202110_zpscltsr51m.jpg

Cruising%202016%202394_zpshz9dkke5.jpg

Cruising%202016%202111_zpsuswt1mmj.jpg

Cruising%202016%202113_zpsscnihkdv.jpg

Cruising%202016%202114_zpsedzzyeb5.jpg

Cruising%202016%202115_zpscqagfozl.jpg

The balcony cabin and the balcony were smaller than what we were used to on Carnival. Our cabin measured 172 square feet and the balcony was 30 sq. ft. Our balcony cabin on Vista was 185 sq. ft. and the balcony was 45 sq. ft. One thing we noticed was that there were no robes, Tracy used one every day on Vista when she went to the spa. She missed not having one on this cruise. Another negative was the closet was right next to the bed making it difficult to access it. On the plus side, the bathroom had a glass shower door instead of a curtain.

Cruising%202016%202116_zps53gdbkut.jpg

Cruising%202016%202117_zpsscl25iob.jpg

Cruising%202016%202118_zps2cksk8qo.jpg

Cruising%202016%202119_zpseidp8vgs.jpg

Cruising%202016%202120_zpsglcfodf5.jpg

We had free time to explore the ship, so as usual I went around taking photos. Starting with deck 5 and going deck by deck all the way up to deck 18.

Deck 5

This is the lowest passenger deck, you have cabins and the medical center.

656ab708-1bd8-415d-8c97-61fbdfbff086_zpszmk3ulwr.png

Deck 6

437c4dc3-98dd-476e-96c5-a0d2468d8a8d_zpsgefayxug.jpg

Starting from the front (bow) we have the Getaway Theater. It’s a movie style theater with a good view of the stage from almost every seat. Unlike the Carnival theaters that have a lot of view obstructions. However I don’t know if it was just me but the seat cushion was uncomfortable, I did see other people moving around a lot in their seat during shows. Sorry for the dark photos, there was not much lighting in the theater.

Cruising%202016%202219_zpsvdaqlavd.jpg

Cruising%202016%202227_zpsfzp19g3u.jpg

Cruising%202016%202228_zpsbeq8xtaq.jpg

Cruising%202016%202229_zpsemp26xby.jpg

Cruising%202016%202230_zpsbstjwckh.jpg

I liked the long service deck, something you would see in a posh hotel. Carnival service desk are rather small in comparison.

Cruising%202016%202259_zps9u6j5lf4.jpg

Cruising%202016%202260_zpsyfm1lefd.jpg

Walking toward the aft section of the ship you pass the Collection Art Gallery

Cruising%202016%202261_zpsvcpvzgpd.jpg