Did anyone receive a survey from Celebrity?

chamima

Got this email and I want to make sure it's really from Celebrity.

Message body

Dear KAREN,

As part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible cruise experience, we are inviting a select group to participate in a research study. Within the next couple of days, you will receive a survey invitation from Chadwick Martin Bailey, our trusted, independent market research partner, who will be conducting this important research on our behalf.

To guarantee the invitation goes straight to your inbox, add invite@survey.cmbinfo.com to your Address Book or Safe List.

Please be assured that all of your responses will remain strictly confidential and will only be used to improve products and services at Celebrity Cruises.

Thank you in advance and we look forward to receiving your feedback!

It really looks suspicious so I just put a call in to Captains Club and she asked that I forward the email to her and she'll check it out.

Warning to anyone else that got this email.

I'll come back when I have an answer.

Message body

Dear KAREN,

As part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible cruise experience, we are inviting a select group to participate in a research study. Within the next couple of days, you will receive a survey invitation from Chadwick Martin Bailey, our trusted, independent market research partner, who will be conducting this important research on our behalf.

To guarantee the invitation goes straight to your inbox, add invite@survey.cmbinfo.com to your Address Book or Safe List.

Please be assured that all of your responses will remain strictly confidential and will only be used to improve products and services at Celebrity Cruises.

Thought about this some more. Be very careful as this looks to be some sort of social engineering. People attempting to steal your identity or hack you computer will look at your Facebook, LinkedIn, or even boards like this to learn who you are. Once they get a sense of you, then they begin going deeper by sending you these sort of request. I'm sure you already have, but do not click the link and just delete the email. Also, if you have any recent friend request via Facebook or any other social sites of people you do not know, delete them and do not accept request.

Also rec'd same email about upcoming "survey". Anymore it is tough to tell what is legit or another scam/hack..whatever. Thank you for calling Celebrity and then posting this ... I rec'd this email also yesterday and remembered your post.

I received a link to the new Celebrity web site (beta test) and there was a survey with that - did anybody get that one?

Yes, I received that one. It was sent from the following email address:

News@email.celebritycruises.com

Dear Dawn,

As a Captain's Club member, we know you're a savvy traveler, and we value your opinion greatly. We're redesigning the Celebrity website and would love to get feedback from trusted guests like you on the photography and overall design.

We kindly ask that you explore a beta version of the new site and complete a short questionnaire by January 12th.

Below is an exclusive link to the survey and instructions.

By clicking through on the link to participate, you agree to keep this survey, its contents, and the website design confidential. Please do not forward or share any aspects of the website.

Please note that this will not work on a mobile device.

Thought about this some more. Be very careful as this looks to be some sort of social engineering. People attempting to steal your identity or hack you computer will look at your Facebook, LinkedIn, or even boards like this to learn who you are. Once they get a sense of you, then they begin going deeper by sending you these sort of request. I'm sure you already have, but do not click the link and just delete the email. Also, if you have any recent friend request via Facebook or any other social sites of people you do not know, delete them and do not accept request.

I guess you are right. I do receive a lot of friend request at LinkedIn too.

Yes, I received that one. It was sent from the following email address:

News@email.celebritycruises.com

Dear Dawn,

As a Captain's Club member, we know you're a savvy traveler, and we value your opinion greatly. We're redesigning the Celebrity website and would love to get feedback from trusted guests like you on the photography and overall design.

We kindly ask that you explore a beta version of the new site and complete a short questionnaire by January 12th.

Below is an exclusive link to the survey and instructions.

By clicking through on the link to participate, you agree to keep this survey, its contents, and the website design confidential. Please do not forward or share any aspects of the website.

Please note that this will not work on a mobile device.

When did you receive this? A proper beta test needs at least a couple of months to market, consolidate feedback, and react to the feedback. Further, it seems to ignore the whole purchase & reservation system by targeting only Captains Club. The email seems to be legitimate, however the methodology is so off I would delete and not participate. Then again, perhaps this is a symptom of why their website is so disastrous.

When did you receive this? A proper beta test needs at least a couple of months to market, consolidate feedback, and react to the feedback. Further, it seems to ignore the whole purchase & reservation system by targeting only Captains Club. The email seems to be legitimate, however the methodology is so off I would delete and not participate. Then again, perhaps this is a symptom of why their website is so disastrous.

I received the email on Monday, January 9. I did contact Captains Club and spoke with a manager who confirmed that they did send out the email, I failed to mention that in my original post.

I did participate in the survey and since their main concern seemed to be what the overall impressions were of the new design, my response was something along the lines of... you can make the website as attractive as you would like but if basic functions don't work, it doesn't matter how pretty it is. I did go on to list the ongoing issues of the site I have encountered from time to time, some of which have been discussed here.

I received it earlier this week and it was legitimate. The new web site test with more experienced users first (Captains Club) is really a good idea. Why are you concerned and negative about the methodology - why not give them a chance? Perhaps doing this will make the new web site less "disastrous" to you. Really? Disastrous?

Dawn - how did you get to speak to a manager?

I actually had the name of one I had spoken to about a year ago and asked if she were available/still with Celebrity/Captains Club and I was transferred to her.

Edited by dmp223
spelling

Message body

Dear KAREN,

When in doubt, throw it out. In this case delete it.