"LIVE"-Rhapsody of the Seas-14 Jan 2017-Exploring the Yucatán Peninsula

PCWalton1

Bill, thank you for taking the time to share your vacation. Are you and Marie doing any of the Pacific Coastal Cruises this year?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Nope. Three of them in 2015 was enough for a while. We are doing the two Radiance Hawaii cruises this year.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Hi Bill,

enjoying your trip report and your pictures....its been cold and gloomy here so the beautiful blue skies and water are really making me jealous.

thanks for taking the time to post.

Denise

:)

Thanks Denise

Just made our reservation for Maya Chan. Got the first acknowledgement email. How long before they send the email with the payment info?

It took a few days for us.

Bob, after you go let us know what you think.

Hi Bill,

I am enjoying following along.

I just read some Dec 2016 reviews of ROS and seems like many negative comments about the food on the ship. What has your experience been?

I know not to take all reviews to heart but there does seem to be quite a few saying the same thing.

We are not "foodies", and it would take a lot to ruin our cruise... just wondering your thoughts.

Thanks, Jill

Edited by steimey
added my name, correct spelling

Hi Bill,

I am enjoying following along.

I just read some Dec 2016 reviews of ROS and seems like many negative comments about the food on the ship. What has your experience been?

I know not to take all reviews to heart but there does seem to be quite a few saying the same thing.

We are not "foodies", and it would take a lot to ruin our cruise... just wondering your thoughts.

Thanks, Jill

The food has been typical for Royal ships but what we have not enjoyed the service for my time dining. We have eaten there 3 times but do not plan to go back.

First night they rushed everything trying to take plates before we were done. Fiber took a total of 42 minutes.

Last night the opposite, pushing two hours. That would not have been so bad except it was very inconsistent. We were with another couple on a six top, Marie and I were served our main course but the other couple did not get their's for another 10 minutes even though we all ordered at the same time. It's a bit embarrassing to have food when half the table doesn't.

So we have decided to go to Chops tonight and Giovanni table tomorrow.