QM2 Review: Eastbound crossing in January!

Bostonjetset

Thank you so much for taking the time to report. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I couldn't keep your new friends straight....but so glad that you enjoyed them so much. Lovely read and the pictures added the final touch.

A great read! Thank you for taking us with you on the crossing!

Thanks for posting your review. Pleased you and Mum enjoyed the cruise. :)

Thank you all for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed the review [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

11.56pm

The gossip at the deck 8 smoking spot was so dramatic tonight. It seems as if there is a prostitute on board with a guy who is 40 years older than her! SCANDAL! Of course this is just want some of the other passengers who saying. Who knows if she is REALLY a prostitute...

Glad to hear the gentleman is still alive. This couple (I will bet the farm) was on way back out of Southampton in December. So they have been on for the full Caribbean cruise. Is not $$ wonderful when you have it?

Glad to hear the gentleman is still alive. This couple (I will bet the farm) was on way back out of Southampton in December. So they have been on for the full Caribbean cruise. Is not $$ wonderful when you have it?

HAHA! I love how the gossip carries from voyage to voyage. I've not experienced this on other lines. It does make one feel as if one is living in a Miss Marple story.

Thankyou for your review. Time seems to fly by on QM2 - much too fast after all the anticipation. I guess she started her World Cruise next. I can never get enough info esp after the makeover. My stateroom will be just near yours so great to see your pictures. Did you use the kettle much? Tea bags and milk etc?

Love a good laundry room gossip.

Edited by Pushka

David, it was a pleasure to meet you and then briefly your mum. Also she raised a fine young man! Not everyone sent a thank you note after the cocktail party in my room; it was so nice that you did.

Frank

Thankyou for your review. Time seems to fly by on QM2 - much too fast after all the anticipation. I guess she started her World Cruise next. I can never get enough info esp after the makeover. My stateroom will be just near yours so great to see your pictures. Did you use the kettle much? Tea bags and milk etc?

Love a good laundry room gossip.

Yes, time certainly does fly!! I'm happy you liked the review!! She did indeed start her world cruise on 10 January. In fact, there were about 50 passengers that boarded in NYC with us for the world cruise as they offered the option of NY-NY roundtrip for this year's WC.

We used the kettle a couple of times; there was English breakfast tea, Nescafe instant coffee and another German brand of instant coffee provided along with milk and sugars. They also gave 2 biscuit packs that were replaced each time they were consumed.

David, it was a pleasure to meet you and then briefly your mum. Also she raised a fine young man! Not everyone sent a thank you note after the cocktail party in my room; it was so nice that you did.

Frank

It was a pleasure to meet you and "C" as well!! I really enjoyed myself!!

Also, I appreciate the kind words on my upbringing; I will be sure to let mum know haha. Hope you are settling back in to daily routines well after this fabulous trip. Of course, you will be on Mary again before you know it!

Bostonjetset, thanks for your posts.

Forgive my curiosity, but what's up with that man bag you have so prominently displayed in your photos? Reminds me of Princess Kate's clutch bag with she is always photographed?

Me, I'm always with a H U G E handbag H U G E

Bostonjetset, thanks for your posts.

Forgive my curiosity, but what's up with that man bag you have so prominently displayed in your photos? Reminds me of Princess Kate's clutch bag with she is always photographed?

Me, I'm always with a H U G E handbag H U G E

Thanks for reading!!

As for the clutch, I'm trying to hide my baby bump haha.

Seriously though, it was the only bag I brought on the trip as I was trying not to overpack and it pretty much goes with everything [other than black tie when, as you may have noticed, I did not carry a bag]. One does have so much to carry these days and overstuffing one's pockets is not a good look [at least IMO], hence the clutch. :D

Thanks for reading!!

As for the clutch, I'm trying to hide my baby bump haha.

Seriously though, it was the only bag I brought on the trip as I was trying not to overpack and it pretty much goes with everything [other than black tie when, as you may have noticed, I did not carry a bag]. One does have so much to carry these days and overstuffing one's pockets is not a good look [at least IMO], hence the clutch. :D

That makes perfect sense! I just wish I could downsize to a bag that size...seems the older I get, the bigger my bags are :D

Appreciated your insight. We are Cunard newbies, but doing a westbound crossing in July. Great to hear your experience and about the entertainment and lecture variety.

Thank you for posting[emoji2]

You are most welcome. Thank you for reading!

Have a FABULOUS time on QM2 in July! A proper crossing on a Cunard ship is one of life's great pleasures. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A big thank you for posting. We are Cunard newbies and will be doing the east bound TA Next January so eager for all info. :D

You are very welcome and thanks for reading!! Mum wants to repeat the trip next January as well so maybe we'll see you on board! It depends how the rest of my year's travel plans go so I've not committed yet haha.

You will love QM2! She's such a special lady.

Wonderful review- thank you for shareing with us and you are so brave to mention that you actually go to the smoking area on deck 7, which by the way is to small a place for a ship this size- I agree! They sure have to figure out something!

Thanks for reading! I'm happy you enjoyed the review.

I do hope they sort out the smoking area issue at some point. There is no reason for them not to have comfortable areas for smokers that are avoidable for those who don't want to be around smoke.

You are very welcome and thanks for reading!! Mum wants to repeat the trip next January as well so maybe we'll see you on board! It depends how the rest of my year's travel plans go so I've not committed yet haha.

You will love QM2! She's such a special lady.

Hope it works out for you and your Mum and we see you both on board.

Edited by BlueLadyBlue

Great review, good to read she is looking good after the refurb. Also good to hear about the food - one of my main interests!

On a side note, did you enjoy evensong at the Abbey? We went to Communion last Sunday for the first time and I was blown away by the place. A must-do again next time I'm in London.

Great review, good to read she is looking good after the refurb. Also good to hear about the food - one of my main interests!

On a side note, did you enjoy evensong at the Abbey? We went to Communion last Sunday for the first time and I was blown away by the place. A must-do again next time I'm in London.

Thank you for reading! I'm so happy you found it helpful.

Evensong was a lovely experience and, although an Anglican service, it is fairly broad reaching so that many denominations would feel at home. It is a absolutely stunning church; next time I'm in London I may take the paid tour.