fourth Oasis class ship?

39august

I read in another thread a statement that the fourth Oasis class ship would be sailing out of FL. Has that been officially announced or is that person merely speculating?

I'll keep watching the thread, in case I'm wrong, but the ship doesn't even had a name yet. That and Royal has changed its mind on home porting new ships on occasion. Something fun to watch in the next several months.

Not sure if the info is correct or not but on Harmony we were told the next one was going to Asia. It was a staff member but I do not remember where we were when we were told that (it may have been the entertainment tour).

That would be great, maybe they will send Mariner back to the US.

I assumed that RCI would not have 4 of the Oasis class ships going from Florida, so I was surprised by the statement. Asia is a good bet.

Can't argue with that, but with the new terminal coming to Miami, there is talk of having a mega ship there. Will a new ship go there? Will they move some around. If someone had definitive inside information from Royal, I would argue they may change their mind before then. This time next year I expect to know more ;)

Having enjoyed my Freedom cruise from Miami, I'd love to see all 3 Freedom class ships sail from there.

Can't argue with that, but with the new terminal coming to Miami, there is talk of having a mega ship there. Will a new ship go there? Will they move some around. If someone had definitive inside information from Royal, I would argue they may change their mind before then. This time next year I expect to know more ;).

Miami is definitely building to support an Oasis class ship. Oasis 5 has also been ordered so no telling if one will get moved from Port Everglades or if Miami will get a new one. But I would agree that we will probably not know until next year for sure. Not sure if they change their minds or just try and keep everyone happy by letting everyone think they are getting the new ship. When they were talking about the new Oasis class ship being built going to Asia, it could have been Oasis 5. I assumed Oasis 4 but the reference was the new Oasis class ship.

Hey, billoh, we want Liberty to stay in Galveston!

I can appreciate that sentiment, but maybe on Oasis class can take its place! The last time someone said that a lot of people spoke about how the port absolutely can not handle that class of ship, and I don't know if any where right or not, but if they can fill it, il think it would work as there are less ports that ships leaving Galveston can reach in 7 days, but with that class you can have 3 or 4 sea days and people will come for the ship. I just like the idea of all 3 of my favorite class sailing out of Miami. Just pure fantasy.