Hertz from port everglades

mikel24m

Hi all I was hoping someone could answer a question about Hertz.We rented a car after our cruise and my question is does Hertz have a shuttle from port everglades to take us to FLL to pick our car up ? I did chat with them and the agent seemed like she didn't know for sure.I know it's close but didn't want to pay a cab if l don't have to<br />

<br />

Thanks<br />

<br />

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Easy to rent to/from Hertz for a Ft Lauderdale cruise. We have done it many,many times. Shuttle is free and frequent.

Don't use the airport Hertz to rent-they do not have shuttles. The Office for pickup or drop off is:

HERTZ Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades: Crowne Plaza HLE

455 SE 24th St St Rd 48 Crown Plaza ft Lauderdale 33316 Florida Phone : 954-761-1163

Edited by gadaboutgal

Easy to rent to/from Hertz for a Ft Lauderdale cruise. We have done it many,many times. Shuttle is free and frequent.

Don't use the airport Hertz to rent-they do not have shuttles. The Office for pickup or drop off is:

455 SE 24th St St Rd 48 Crown Plaza ft Lauderdale 33316 Florida Phone : 954-761-1163

I second this location being great. We haven't used them to/from cruise, but they do have a shuttle to port everglades and will also take you to the airport if you ask. They do not have permission to use their shuttle to the airport, but will take you in private car if not busy.

Thanks so much for the useful information. I got the car from priceline and it's to and from the airport so I may have to just get a quick taxi.

I second this location being great. We haven't used them to/from cruise, but they do have a shuttle to port everglades and will also take you to the airport if you ask. They do not have permission to use their shuttle to the airport, but will take you in private car if not busy.

I chatted awhile ago with hertz and she said they only go to and from the airport.I printed the chat just in case

Thanks so much for the useful information. I got the car from priceline and it's to and from the airport so I may have to just get a quick taxi.

I chatted awhile ago with hertz and she said they only go to and from the airport.I printed the chat just in case

If you did not call and talk to someone at the actual location, it might be worth doing so. Even if the pickup is set for FLL, you may be able to alter the arrangement by talking to a local. If that is, the port shuttle still goes to Crowne Plaza HLE.

I have often pickuped at Hertz FLL and dropped off at Crowne Plaza HLE, and vice versa. Although not recently.

(Many years ago Hertz and other FLL rental companies ran a shuttle bus service between the car rental terminal and the cruise port. At some point several years ago, Hertz dropped out of the program and ran its own cruise shuttle out of the Crowne Plaza HLE location.)

If you did not call and talk to someone at the actual location, it might be worth doing so. Even if the pickup is set for FLL, you may be able to alter the arrangement by talking to a local. If that is, the port shuttle still goes to Crowne Plaza HLE.

I have often pickuped at Hertz FLL and dropped off at Crowne Plaza HLE, and vice versa. Although not recently.

(Many years ago Hertz and other FLL rental companies ran a shuttle bus service between the car rental terminal and the cruise port. At some point several years ago, Hertz dropped out of the program and ran its own cruise shuttle out of the Crowne Plaza HLE location.)

I agree, try calling the actual location when you get to the airport, they may come grab you. Thats what they told me (after I took a taxi). I rented there in may of last year. taxi was about $10 including tip. They also told me to keep the taxi receipt next time and they may discount the rental price.

I agree, try calling the actual location when you get to the airport, they may come grab you. Thats what they told me (after I took a taxi). I rented there in may of last year. taxi was about $10 including tip. They also told me to keep the taxi receipt next time and they may discount the rental price.

Thanks that's what we'll do.