LIVEish, 7 Days on Oasis (1/15/2017 or 15/1/2017 better yet January 15, 2017)

chandom

Know I've been quiet today... Cause that was what kind of day it has been.

Made it to Wipeout Cafe right around 9:30, closed up a few minutes later.

Finally got motivated and got off the ship right around 10:45-11 range. Found out the boat that runs to Columbus Cove stops service right around that time and last one had already left.

Took the tram over, they need to some how mark them so you know where the end of the line is for them. Best bet is to get on one of the single car trams.

Right when I made it over, lunch had opened up. Usual fare for the proteins (turkey burger, beef burger, hot dogs, beans and rice, jerk chicken, and ribs). For sweets, oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies, spice cake, pound cake, brownies, and a nice fruit setup.

After lunch, got a Labadoozie. No offense to the lovers, not my kind of drink (way too sweet for me). Drank about a quarter of it and tossed the rest.

Just an offering I saw on the beach. Fresh local coconut, with ($12) or without ($8) rum add 18% gratuity. I'm sure this falls outside the package, maybe they charge just the souvenir cup fee.

Left the Columbus Cove walking the "difficult" terrain to Nellie's beach avoiding the "gauntlet".

Then just explored some of the trails. Eventually ending up at the "Labadee" sign.

Showered, relaxed, did a Central Park "surveillance camera" scope. Finally ending up the Champagne Bar. Funny, it seems I always end up here at some point before 5pm.

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! We will be crossing paths on Sunday as we board Oasis!

I recently saw where Pets at Sea was replaced by a Britto store while Oasis was in dry dock.

Did they move the Pets at Sea experience elsewhere (into the back of another gift shop etc?) or is there just nowhere to make your own overpriced stuffed animal now?

My 3 year old NEEDS to know.

We were on Oasis last week and the Pets at Sea are at the entrance of the Adventure Ocean area. My 5-year-old got to walk by it multiple times per day begging for an animal each time.

Low quality dessert presentation in Windjammer.

efc75be499761ffa33e2cdc7a56ddeab.jpg

1039b29016c781977ac38677e2ddd17b.jpg

f3b4e0f73f43fb4ef6d68f66f85420dd.jpg

Also saw a large bowl of chilled shrimp.

Oh. Em. Gee. Those look divine! Are these out for dinner, or do they have desserts throughout the day? I think I might end up with an entire chocolate cake in my belly over the course of a week... :D

Oh. Em. Gee. Those look divine! Are these out for dinner, or do they have desserts throughout the day? I think I might end up with an entire chocolate cake in my belly over the course of a week... :D

Just for dinner, could be a tonight only presentation. Normally they are precut and look along the lines of the No Sugar Added items.

Hand scooped ice cream is offered as well.

Also, action station is tossed salad.

Edited by chandom

Yes he does....one of the best on CC! :D

BTW: My stateroom is just five cabins down from the entrance.

Can roll there if needed...and very close to that morning Latte! :D

We're about 10 cabins down -- 11636 so I can go for breakfast every day although there are some good options besides WJ and MDR -- Johnny Rockets, Wipeout Cafe, Solarium Bistro that Chuck may like better. Edited by SherriZ366

For those that haven't checked out the the stuff I uploaded.

The Diamond Drink Menu changed for Oasis.

20170116121055-07f4ac1a-me.jpg

The only thing I really notice off the top of my head is the change in Vodka.

Is the bottled water on the Diamond Drink Menu still water? Is it Evian or another brand?

Hello followers once again!

Not much more to the prior post that covered up to about 5p. I'm going to admit, while the consumption hasn't been as much. The cost per consumed drink has been the saver.

Key place I've been drinking has been at the Champagne Bar. The two drinks I enjoy the most (Moscow Mule and Espresso Martini) are $13 a pop. Simply put just 4 drinks total put it at the $46 mark (I paided $49 a day and it covered Voom Stream as well, that alone would have been $63 due to getting during the 50% on board price promotion). Another topic of discussion, in the event you need to return your Voom package. It has to be done by the guy that is setup on the Promenade providing Voom assistance. Guest Services is unable to issue refunds.

Getting back to rest of the day.

Rode the Rising Tide bar. Went to the Headliner (Tony Tillman). Saw the Love and Marriage show. TooMuchInformation, audience got a lesson in Canadian bra sizing.

Did have a conversation and agreement with our tavel companions. Food options after Windjammer closes are just depressing. Sorryento's and Cafe Promenade. After 9:30 Sorryento's had pulled the Make Your Own Pizza line and Cafe Promenade just has the same things everyday.

Gotten to the point where I grab a few slices of meat and cheese for Windjammer just before they close and leave it in the room.

Just recalled also, noticed auto shufflers entered use either Monday or Tuesday. I know they weren't there the first night.

Yes, I did recall seeing one at Blackjack. But I did see a table still using a large shoe. Min bet on Blackjack has been $10.

Nothing else I can think of right now, hope ya'll have a good Wednesday morning.

We were on Oasis last week and the Pets at Sea are at the entrance of the Adventure Ocean area. My 5-year-old got to walk by it multiple times per day begging for an animal each time.

That is perfect! We don't use Adventure Ocean, so now I know it's there if we want to take her, but I won't have to walk past it every day on our way to the Carousel hahaha.

Thanks for your reply!

Key place I've been drinking has been at the Champagne Bar. The two drinks I enjoy the most (Moscow Mule and Espresso Martini) are $13 a pop. Simply put just 4 drinks total put it at the $46 mark (I paided $49 a day and it covered Voom Stream as well, that alone would have been $63 due to getting during the 50% on board price promotion).

Did have a conversation and agreement with our tavel companions. Food options after Windjammer closes are just depressing. Sorryento's and Cafe Promenade. After 9:30 Sorryento's had pulled the Make Your Own Pizza line and Cafe Promenade just has the same things everyday.

Thank you for your ongoing review. My hubby worked his way through the drinks at the Champagne bar all last week. I had a couple Brandy Alexanders myself (paid out of pocket) and after tip it was $15.34 for each drink! Good thing I don't drink too much. Also discovered that the bartenders LOVE to give out water. My hubby would order a drink and a bottle of water, they always brought over two bottles and gave me one (he had drink pkg, I did not) but they never charged us. I don't believe in sharing the drink package but it was nice to get some water every now and then.

This whole food thing was frustrating for us too. We are on west coast time so 9:00 there is 6:00 at home. Our dinner time was at 5:30 so we would eat and go to the shows. Shows get out around 9ish and there are NO free, hot food options. I don't want a cold sandwich or pizza. The only other option is to get up from the bar, go to your room and order room service (which is only free until midnight), wait 45 min for your food, then go back to the bar. For a ship with over 6000 passengers, I would have though there would bea 24 hour buffet or at least some small option to get a burger or anything really after 8:45 when the Windjammer closes.

Another thing was that I felt it was tough to get anything chocolate really. I am a chocoholic and the mud cakes in the cafe promenade are terrible. I could get royal cake at dinner but most chocolate options for dessert elsewhere were very limited. It was a bummer. However, the warm chocolate cookie and the melting cake in the MDR were amazeballs.

That is all. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by kidlessatsea
corrected spelling errors for readability

Not much more to the prior post that covered up to about 5p. I'm going to admit, while the consumption hasn't been as much. The cost per consumed drink has been the saver.

Key place I've been drinking has been at the Champagne Bar. The two drinks I enjoy the most (Moscow Mule and Espresso Martini) are $13 a pop. Simply put just 4 drinks total put it at the $46 mark (I paided $49 a day and it covered Voom Stream as

Glad to see that Moscow Mules are available! Last Feb. on Navigator I couldn't find 1 bar that carried ginger beer. Made with ginger ALE is just not the same and should be outlawed to even suggest such a substitute! Is it just the champagne bar that has mules or have you elsewhere? I purchased the deluxe drink pkg for myself at the 20% discount of $48/day for our cruise on 2/26. I'm 100% certain I'll get my $ worth🥃[emoji481][emoji484]!

Thanks & Loving the live play by play!

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad to see that Moscow Mules are available! Last Feb. on Navigator I couldn't find 1 bar that carried ginger beer. Made with ginger ALE is just not the same and should be outlawed to even suggest such a substitute! Is it just the champagne bar that has mules or have you elsewhere? I purchased the deluxe drink pkg for myself at the 20% discount of $48/day for our cruise on 2/26. I'm 100% certain I'll get my $ worth🥃[emoji481][emoji484]!

Thanks & Loving the live play by play!

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ones in the Champagne Bar are made by muddling fresh ginger and using a splash of soda water.

Plus the new drink menus just started offering a "Moscow Ginger Mule" it is Absolut, Ginger Beer (think it is Gosling's), and lime for $13. But only a handful of bars had it. Ironically, Champagne Bar was one that did and they were offering a splash to their version.

Edited by chandom

The ones in the Champagne Bar are made by muddling fresh ginger and using a splash of soda water.

Plus the new drink menus just started offering a "Moscow Ginger Mule" it is Absolut, Ginger Beer (think it is Gosling's), and lime for $13. But only a handful of bars had it. Ironically, Champagne Bar was one that did and they were offering a splash to their version.

I've never had a Moscow Ginger Mule but, thanks to you, I intend to try it in March!;) Will be thinking of you; cheers Michael!:cool:

awesome i will definitely be heading to champagne bar next month. I'm a big fan of Tito's Vodka, have you come across Tito's? it's a copper colored label and cap.

They had it last year at some bars on Nav.OS but things change.

I guess i would be charged $1 for the $13 mule at champagne bar since i see the fine print of the deluxe pkg states "includes single beverage value up to $12" are they charging you?

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

awesome i will definitely be heading to champagne bar next month. I'm a big fan of Tito's Vodka, have you come across Tito's? it's a copper colored label and cap.

They had it last year at some bars on Nav.OS but things change.

I guess i would be charged $1 for the $13 mule at champagne bar since i see the fine print of the deluxe pkg states "includes single beverage value up to $12" are they charging you?

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going say Tito's is now fleet wide. These new menus have it listed.

Keep in mind, from what I understood the Champagne Bar uses a non standard menu. They kind of have freedom on what they offer, it is their custom creations. Just between Allure and Oasis the menu is different one example being the Espresso Martini.

Allure it was: Vanilla vodka, Kahlua, espresso, and simple syrup.

Oasis it is: Vodka, Kahlua, and espresso.

Champagne Bar Oasis

20170116121327-2854a943-me.jpg

Champagne Bar Allure

20160516183301-e787c322-me.jpg

Had a good laugh...

Changed my mind about going in to deal about it...

OMG! I re-read what I posted! Hope you didn't think I was referring to you as an a**!!:o That was not my intent, no matter how funny!:rolleyes: Thanks for your wonderful reviews and feel free to ignore my ramblings!;)

OMG! I re-read what I posted! Hope you didn't think I was referring to you as an a**!!:o That was not my intent, no matter how funny!:rolleyes: Thanks for your wonderful reviews and feel free to ignore my ramblings!;)

Don't worry, didn't see the original reply.

Only detail I'll give it is involved the Diamond and above drink vouchers and what was covered.

I've never had a Moscow Ginger Mule but, thanks to you, I intend to try it in March!;) Will be thinking of you; cheers Michael!:cool:

Here it the menu listing for it.

20170116170029-4d2d786f-me.jpg

I still like the idea of the Champagne Bar one using fresh ginger.

Hi Michael,

Enjoying reading your most recent review. I just found it today as I was scrolling the threads. So glad you again are having a great cruise and hope you are not suffering to much "slumming" it this cruise. Hard to go from suite to balcony and Coastal Kitchen to MDR. You will survive.

Grace

Oasis Dec. 18

Hi Michael,

Enjoying reading your most recent review. I just found it today as I was scrolling the threads. So glad you again are having a great cruise and hope you are not suffering to much "slumming" it this cruise. Hard to go from suite to balcony and Coastal Kitchen to MDR. You will survive.

Grace

Oasis Dec. 18

Well.... have yet to step foot in the MDR. First two nights were speciality and today and last night were Windjammer.