venice tour plus airport transfer

SANDAS

Hi everyone,

I am going on a cruise in June which terminates in Venice and have a late flight home (9pm) I would like to spend the time seeing something of Venice but it seems that the cruise line does not do a disembarkation tour plus airport transfer. Does anyone have any knowledge about other tours - I can't see a Viator one. There will also be the problem of luggage to deal with. Grateful for any ideas.

First off, you need luggage storage, which you can find here - it is available at the port:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-left-luggage.htm

Next, select a day tour you would like:

https://www.expedia.com/things-to-do/search?location=Venice&regionId=179981&kword=venice_activities.ZzZz.4990000010634.0.170167054309.venice+activities.venice_activities&semcid=US.MULTILOB.GOOGLE.SEARCH.TSHOP&gclid=CjwKEAiAtefDBRDTnbDnvM735xISJABlvGOvjfccAaqQPsT4f_Y-40w9tqs02-Lmn1tcnTvp-YEhdRoCniDw_wcB&pageNumber=2

I would probably pick this tour as it is the best chance to see all you want without other people slowing things down:

https://www.expedia.com/things-to-do/private-walking-tour-with-gondola-boat-ride-lunch.a351786.activity-details?srp=true&location=Venice

Finally, I would make a reservation take a private water taxi to the airport. These take 1 hour to reach the airport, so you need to leave Venice by 5:30pm in order to be at the airport 2 hours in advance of your international flight. Plan time to go back to the port to pickup your luggage.

Taking a tour in Venice? So unnecessary.

You can spend 2 days easy just catching the museums right around the square the tourture chambers in the Doggs Palace next to St Marks. Hike up the tower and do a gondola ride.Take a ride on the Grand Canal. To be adventurous, take the trip out to Glass Island to watch them blow the glass. Peggy Guggenhiems Studio. Get one of those authentic masks. We bought one but wish we got 3. The Grand Canal ride you will get good explanations of Venice. You will see so much more that way at your own delight.

Edited by JMorris271

Thank you so much to everyone who took the trouble to reply. I am sorted. My most pressing difficulty of what to do with the luggage was resolved by you so easily and I had googled for ages without coming up with the answer. Cruise Critic people are brilliant at answering everything you ever need to know about travel.